My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The receiver is not receiving a signal

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scgf

I use the Sandy Heath transmitter and was going through my channels yesterday and found many of them came up as weak signal, then no signal. My TV has a built-in Freeview tuner so I tried that and all channels were available - no issues at all. I pulled the power plug out of the back of my FVP-4000T, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in again. One it had booted up all channels were available with no warnings at all.

| Fri 23 Mar 2018 19:15:31 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Lucky you.

Our problems was down to the aerial so we've bought a new one and tried it out by plugging it directly into my TV and we'be got our channel back.

Installing it properly tomorrow.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 0:06:46 #32 |
  3. andysue

andysue

MIB - 7 hours ago  » 
    Lucky you.
    Our problems was down to the aerial so we've bought a new one and tried it out by plugging it directly into my TV and we'be got our channel back.
    Installing it properly tomorrow.

I have lost about 5 HD channels + other channels, including BBC news HD & vintage. Everything was ok until the retune.
    I have tried starting from scratch tuning in but to no avail.
    I put my postcode in the freeview online to see what channels I should get from Sutton Coldfield & yes I have lost these channels, why when they worked before?
    Thank goodness I have freesat as well.
    My parents who live 10 miles down the road get the full freeview channels from the same transmitter, perhaps it is because we live in Redditch? I dont think changing my aerial or anything else will get a stronger signal. Why is it now we cant even get a signal on the lost channels & why does freeview charge you for phone calls 0n a 084 number? I think it is a con-spiracy to make money out of us!

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 8:13:37 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I live in Redditch like you. It's likely not a stronger aerial you need, rather one that covers UHF channels 55 and 56. Com7 moved from uhf 33 to 55 and COM 8 from UHF 35 to 56. Guessing your parents have a wideband aerial and yours is probably a group K.

I can recommend this wideband log periodic.

http://aerialsandtv.com/onlineaerials.html#Log36

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 13:24:19 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

andysue - 5 hours ago  »  why does freeview charge you for phone calls 0n a 084 number? I think it is a con-spiracy to make money out of us!

I have to say we're not impressed by Freeview's helpline. We called them on Thursday and at first spoke to the usual front desk rep who then passed us onto a tech guy, who said he was busy and would ring us back. He didn't which was a bit rich so we took matters into our own hands instead.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 13:27:06 #35 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

andysue - 5 hours ago  » 
    why does freeview charge you for phone calls 0n a 084 number? I think it is a con-spiracy to make money out of us!

0345 number for advice line according to top of freeview webpage Link

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 13:47:39 #36 |
  7. andysue

andysue

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

andysue - 5 hours ago  » 
    why does freeview charge you for phone calls 0n a 084 number? I think it is a con-spiracy to make money out of us!

0345 number for advice line according to top of freeview webpage Link

Well spotted but it doesnt make any difference.
    This is quoted after the top of the page:-
    If you don’t have an inclusive minute plan, calls to 0345 6 numbers are charged in a similar way to 0845 6 numbers. From landlines this typically costs up to 12p per minute, and between 5p and 40p from mobiles depending on your provider.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 15:40:13 #37 |
  8. andysue

andysue

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    I live in Redditch like you. It's likely not a stronger aerial you need, rather one that covers UHF channels 55 and 56. Com7 moved from uhf 33 to 55 and COM 8 from UHF 35 to 56. Guessing your parents have a wideband aerial and yours is probably a group K.

Thanks for the info. I did have an aerial with 16 elements a black tip. The elements measure 16cm down to 14cm So I guess this is probably a wideband aerial.
    I swappped it last year for this one https://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-tv-aerial-high-gain-48-element/30515

No difference really until this change over.
    I have mounted it on a 3m pole on the chimney but right in my line of sight is an oak tree.
    I run 4 tvs off a 6 way booster in the loft. I have taken the 4g filter off but it apears to have made no difference.
    I have lost channels from 106 I did get them up to 110.
    Do you still pick up these channels? & do you use the periodic?
    Thanks

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 16:20:56 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Well this isn't out working so well - we've installed the new aerial and whilst we got the channels we had before, we're still not getting the new ones (even though they showed up when the aerial was plugged directly into my TV), so we've had to call a guy out but he can't come until tomorrow.

To be continued....

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 17:16:35 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andysue - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Thanks for the info. I did have an aerial with 16 elements a black tip. The elements measure 16cm down to 14cm So I guess this is probably a wideband aerial.
    I swappped it last year for this one https://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-tv-aerial-high-gain-48-element/30515
    No difference really until this change over.
    I have mounted it on a 3m pole on the chimney but right in my line of sight is an oak tree.
    I run 4 tvs off a 6 way booster in the loft. I have taken the 4g filter off but it apears to have made no difference.
    I have lost channels from 106 I did get them up to 110.
    Do you still pick up these channels? & do you use the periodic?
    Thanks

I use the log36 but not on Sutton Coldfield and it's in my loft. High trees just behind where I live make reception from Sutton Coldfield in the summer very poor especially in windy weather. I use Lark Stoke which is the opposite direction to SC. It doesn't have the COM 7 and COM 8 muxes. So last HD channel is 105.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 17:48:24 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.