My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Turning off

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fred59

Its was the box i replaced with the Humax.....and it works....the Humax does not

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 12:02:08 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mart

Hi, I'm fresh onto this forum (only just found it) but hope this might shed some further insight on fred59's original post on this topic.

I also have a (3 month old 'factory refurbished') HB 1000s which I gradually noticed (almost every day or so at about 24 hour(ish) intervals) that it reboots itself for no apparent reason. Otherwise, exactly the same symptoms as fred59's, but the times do vary.

To cut the story short, I spoke to a lady at Humax Support in mid December who acknowledged the problem and said that it was thought to be a Freesat issue and they (Humax) were working with Freesat in trying to resolve it.

As at yesterday, 3rd Jan 17. the problem still seems to be unresolved. I can live with it but it can be a pest when it happens in the middle of the night and wakes up the TV - and consequently the whole house - blaring away! I thought we had burglars the first time it happened!

Humax/Freesat, please fix it soon.

BTW - My guess is that fred59 was misled by the HDR 1000s threads on the forum when he referred to 'other posts on this forum site' and conclude that he join a very long queue of people having the same issues. The HB1000s and the HDR1000s being two completely different machines of course.

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 15:28:39 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fred59

The unit has now been replaced, hopefully it will work.....if not it goes back.....yes the dealer agreed any more problems bring it straight back

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 20:25:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

badsanta

I returned my first box to dealer because of this random rebooting issue and replacement was in different, newer looking packaging so I was hopeful that there wouldn't be any similar issues with it. Huh! Same thing happens and I can live with it for watching 'live' TV but fed up with recordings that get ruined. It wouldn't be so bad if the recording resumed but no, I have to rely on catchup or the programme being repeated later in the week. So frustrating because it's so much better than my old Sagemcom for timer recording because it changes to the required channel automatically so I can record different channels whereas I previously had to leave the box tuned to one channel only. The On Demand facility also works brilliantly, so please Humax and/or Freesat, sort the random reboots out!

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 10:13:07 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To get two suggests a local issue. It's certainly not a widely reported issue with the HB1000S.

Try disconnecting your box from your router to eliminate an issue with your home network.

Not related but as an example the HDR-FOX-T2 is known to have similar issues when some versions of the Twonky Media Server is active on the same network.

If the box works OK with no internet connection, try disabling any media server software you have running on other kit on your network or turn off booted PC's laptops etc to try and locate any possible source.

It's also a good idea to reserve the MAC address of your HB1000S in your router setup to ensure that the box always gets the same internal IP address.

It's not by any chance a twin tuner second generation box (HDR1000/1010/1100S) ? If so there is a known issue with some boxes with hopefully a software fix in the pipeline.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 11:05:19 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I suspect that are at lease two different issues being discussed here. The well known problem which is usually attributed to Humax servers and another where the unit briefly wakes from standby sometimes in the middle of the night. graham also mentions problem that can be cause by other network services.

I also have a HB-1000S and suspect that it will occasionally boot, by design, to update the EPG and other data. The boot was quite brief and in my setup, with HDMI-CEC disabled, I only notice it because of the reflection of the green network LED.
    Without an occasional boot the EPG could become out of date within a week leading to failure to correctly series record.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 11:17:05 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

badsanta

Thanks for the suggestions; I disconnected from the router but a reboot still occurred last night, which is reassuring in one way because I'm not techy enough to do the other steps mentioned! It's definitely a HB-1000S, no mention of twin tuners etc on packaging or quick guide. Is that even possible with a single feed from the dish? I keep the box on permanently so assume the EPG updating isn't an issue. I performed 'factory default' on both boxes and checked for software updates but there are a number of references on the internet to the random reboot issue with Humax boxes and Freesat which is why I'm on this forum. Any other ideas or suggestions welcome!

| Sat 14 Jan 2017 12:43:41 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

badsanta - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the suggestions; I disconnected from the router but a reboot still occurred last night, which is reassuring in one way because I'm not techy enough to do the other steps mentioned! It's definitely a HB-1000S, no mention of twin tuners etc on packaging or quick guide. Is that even possible with a single feed from the dish? I keep the box on permanently so assume the EPG updating isn't an issue. I performed 'factory default' on both boxes and checked for software updates but there are a number of references on the internet to the random reboot issue with Humax boxes and Freesat which is why I'm on this forum. Any other ideas or suggestions welcome!

Yes it's possible to use two tuners on a single coax with Humax twin tuner satellite pvr's. On the latest second generation (freetime) units the tuner link is made automatically internally when you setup with only a single cable.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

The clue though is the number of f type inputs you have. If only one then it only has one tuner. I wonder if the twin tuner model reboot issue has now spread to the HB1000S. Will be interesting to see if there are more reports.

Long shot you haven't by any chance set a power off timer on the box ?

Settings-General Settings - Power-off timer

or have auto power off enabled

Settings - System Settings - Power Saving - Automatic power down (set it to off).

| Sat 14 Jan 2017 12:53:23 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

badsanta

Sorry, I'm a plug'n'play type senior citizen so some of what you're saying is way above my head. The box has a single LNB input so I assume it's not twin tuner. The auto power off and power on are not set. A Seagate 1Tb portable hard drive is attached for recording and compared to my old Sagemcom box with integral drive, the Humax's facilities are superb. I guess I'll just have to be on the lookout for further reports and suggestions for this problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond - much appreciated.

| Sat 14 Jan 2017 13:59:45 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

badsanta - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry, I'm a plug'n'play type senior citizen so some of what you're saying is way above my head. The box has a single LNB input so I assume it's not twin tuner. The auto power off and power on are not set. A Seagate 1Tb portable hard drive is attached for recording and compared to my old Sagemcom box with integral drive, the Humax's facilities are superb. I guess I'll just have to be on the lookout for further reports and suggestions for this problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond - much appreciated.

Did you check both options which are different ?

Option 1 is a timer that turns off the box at a preset time.

Option 2 switches off the box (after 3hrs if I remember correctly) without any use of the remote control.

Putting it simply using a single cable with the twin tuner boxes allows recording two channels and watching a 3rd while recording but with some restrictions compared to using a seperate cable for each tuner.

Even with your single tuner box you can watch a few different channels while recording. The channel up/down buttons on the remote will cycle through the available channel.

Try going to 106 BBC 1 HD and pressing the recording button. On the remote press 102 which should switch to BBC 2 HD without affecting the BBC 1 HD recording.

| Sat 14 Jan 2017 14:07:23 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.