My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Turning off

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandtonman

I am having a similar random rebooting problem to those being described in this thread and elsewhere on my new HB-1000S

(I am a beta tester/field trialist for Multichouce the DSTV Operator in South Africa so am used to fault finding/reporting this type of issue and will include as much concise detail as possible)

- New HB-1000S less than one week old
    - Set up with no issues and replaced a working Freesat HD Box in Bedroom
    - Signal Strength and quality both GOOD.
    - Internet connectivity fine, no issues. Connected services all work well.
    - No updates found -- Software UKSFAC 3.00.44 Loader UKSFAC 1.00
    - System 809C.7D10 Update Dated 21-July 2016
    - No "power off" time selected
    - Unit randomly reboots to a red light whether or not there is an external disk drive connected to it.
    - This happens randomly, with no remote control activity; typically 3 or 4 times in a 24 hour period.
    - On pressing the remote's power button subsequent to the crash, The solid Freesat Humax Logo appears briefly, the LED on front panel turns off for around 10 second, before showing green and the moving Freesat Splash screen shows. The previously displayed channel is resumed but with the Now/Next Guide info displayed.
    Unit behaves normally until the next occurrence.
    - Have carefully checked PSU plugs and connections plus SAT (F-Type) and HDMI Connections and tried a different mains socket.
    - HDMI CEC (Simplink) is set to OFF on the TV.
    No Progress.

Anyone else seen this? Is it an acknowledged problem? Is there any fix or software update? or is is it a return case?
    Cheers, S.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:32:42 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not an acknowledged issue with the HB1000S. There was a problem with the twin tuner models which was resolved by Freesat a few days ago.

See the last posts in this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-keeps-rebooting/page/32

So far no one has reported a problem since. I would get it replaced under warranty.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:47:13 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have 3 x HB1000S. Never seen a problem like that.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:59:38 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What is: System Settings > Power Saving > Auto power Down
    set to?

Seem to recall it is normally 3 hours without interaction.
    A message is displayed on screen for at least 40 secs prior to auto shutdown.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:59:55 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandtonman

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    set to?

Bingo! Thanks, REPASSAC
    I'd had a cursory unsuccessful look for such a setting but assumed (wrongly) that, if it existed, it would put the box into standby not perform a total power down. I'd also clearly not been around for any on-screen message.
    Anyway problem solved; thanks again
    Cheers, S.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 18:55:28 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sandtonman - 1 minute ago  » 

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    set to?

Bingo! Thanks, REPASSAC
    I'd had a cursory unsuccessful look for such a setting but assumed (wrongly) that, if it existed, it would put the box into standby not perform a total power down. I'd also clearly not been around for any on-screen message.
    Anyway problem solved; thanks again
    Cheers, S.

It does put the box into full sby, unless the box is recording or an accurate recording is due within 15 mins, when it goes into recording in sby mode. After recording is complete the box goes to full sby (consuming 0.5W if low power sby is enabled). There is no total power down mode (other than pulling the plug ). If there was it would never wake up to make a recording.

The auto power off mode is a EU power saving requirement. All modern TV's have it as well as pvrs. They reckon if you haven't pushed a remote button in 3hrs, you must be dead, fast asleep or simply left it on.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 19:03:14 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mart

I contacted Humax Support helpline earlier this afternoon and they again acknowledged this shut-down issue on the HB-1000S Freesat box (See my previous post on 4th January) and confirmed that the problem appears to be with Freesat rather than the Humax box. The lady on the helpline also indicated that there is a possible fix, due out in the next couple of weeks.

I also suggested that a Humax spokesperson should post a notice on this forum confirming the above as it was raising quite a bit of chatter and concern. She agreed, however she advised that although she was not responsible for content on the forum, she would put the suggestion forward.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 20:49:00 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

badsanta

Thanks, mart, for the information and for contacting Humax in the first place; let's hope they provide a solution.

Also, thanks, grahamlthompson, for advising on being able to watch some other channels while recording a channel; it works a treat plus I've found that you can watch an existing recording while making a new recording - what an improvement on my old box!

Only thing that I'm slightly puzzled about, although it's not actually a problem, is the reference to going in to standby after 3 hours of inactivity; I've never had this happen so I assume this is due to not having the appropriate 'power off' setting.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 21:44:50 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mart - 49 minutes ago  » 
    I contacted Humax Support helpline earlier this afternoon and they again acknowledged this shut-down issue on the HB-1000S Freesat box (See my previous post on 4th January) and confirmed that the problem appears to be with Freesat rather than the Humax box. The lady on the helpline also indicated that there is a possible fix, due out in the next couple of weeks.
    I also suggested that a Humax spokesperson should post a notice on this forum confirming the above as it was raising quite a bit of chatter and concern. She agreed, however she advised that although she was not responsible for content on the forum, she would put the suggestion forward.

Only guessing, but I guess the Humax support person you spoke to is confusing the well known issue with the HDR1000S (and the other twin tuner boxes), with the HB1000S. This problem acknowledged as a Freesat server issue was fixed a few days ago.

If you look there are virtually no reports of this issue on the HB1000S, the one similar report on this thread was down to a auto power off setting which is the default setting, and is simply turned off in the box menus.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 21:46:54 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mart

Hi Graham,

No, seemingly not. We definitely clarified/confirmed that we were both talking about the HD-1000S. She also confirmed the recent HDR-1000S 'fix' that you mentioned. Hence my suggestion to her that a Humax spokesperson should post a notice of confirmation/explanation on this forum - but don't hold your breath

Regarding the auto power off setting, mine is set to remain on. Also I have found that the 'problem' may only occur after a couple of days (power down red light - no green light)- sometimes it might also power-up and wake-up the TV (and the whole household if its in the middle of the night!)

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 22:10:10 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.