My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

TV Guide & Recording Signal problems

(13 posts)
  1. Nightjar.NR16

Nightjar.NR16

Two problems!

1. How do you change the AM/PM on the timeline of TV Guide to 24hr 14:00 etc?

I've tried - Settings - Device Preferences - Date & Time - and tried with 24-Hour Format on and off and Timeline remains on AM/PM?

2. I've got Picture breakup on screen and recordings that has got worse!

TV signal test is Signal Strength 98%, Signal Quality 100% Arial from wall to TV!
    TV signal test is Signal Strength 18%, Signal Quality 79% Arial from wall to Aura, Arua to TV. Aura power on!
    TV signal test is Signal Strength 96%, Signal Quality 100% Arial from wall to Aura, Arua to TV. Aura power disconnected!
    Aura signal test when I first got the box Signal Strength 36%, Signal Quality 70%, now it's down to 14% & 21%?

I've tried different Arial leads!

Any thoughts as to what is going on here?

Nightjar

| Sun 27 Nov 2022 18:16:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Nightjar.NR16 - 12 mins ago  » 
    2. I've got Picture breakup on screen and recordings that has got worse!
    TV signal test is Signal Strength 98%, Signal Quality 100% Arial from wall to TV!
    TV signal test is Signal Strength 18%, Signal Quality 79% Arial from wall to Aura, Arua to TV. Aura power on!
    TV signal test is Signal Strength 96%, Signal Quality 100% Arial from wall to Aura, Arua to TV. Aura power disconnected!
    Aura signal test when I first got the box Signal Strength 36%, Signal Quality 70%, now it's down to 14% & 21%?

How long have you had the Aura? What channel are you tuned to when you take the readings? Which transmitter are you receiving? When you do a signal test on the Aura what is all the data shown?

| Sun 27 Nov 2022 18:35:01 #2 |
  3. Nightjar.NR16

Nightjar.NR16

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply.
    Had the Aura box just 2 weeks!
    Yes, different channels give different readings, but compare to the TV's Signal Test all channels are bad some as low as 9% Signal Strength!
    It's the Tacolneston Transmitter, it's just 12 miles away, I have a Maxview 18 element Freeview Areial on my house chimney pointing line of site to Tacolneston!
    Photo of Test Screen attached

| Sun 27 Nov 2022 20:00:38 #3 |
  4. Nightjar.NR16

Nightjar.NR16

Photo didn’t upload!
    Tuner 1, Signal & Strength, no data on Tuner 2 of 3!

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:16:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Nightjar.NR16 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Photo didn’t upload!

If you are only watching only one channel on the Aura only one tuner is being used therefore you will only
    see information for Tuner 1.
    TV Channels are broadcast in multiplexes (mux).
    Each multiplex carries several TV and radio channels.

Watching BBC1 HD and recording a programme on ITV3 will show Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 in use.
    If watching BBC 1 HD, recording ITV3 and recording another programme being broadcast on another mux
    Tuner 3 will become active.

The HDMI cable can cause signal loss or interference to the aerial cables.
    Use a high quality well shielded HDMI cable and keep it from making any contact with
    the aerial cables.
    The HDMI and aerial ports are next to each other (a design flaw) but try to make as much distance between the
    cables as you can.

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 11:41:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Nightjar.NR16 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Photo didn’t upload!

Probably need to make the file size of the picture smaller for it to upload. What I was looking for was the information to the right of "Tuner 1" (channel number and frequency)?

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 12:34:42 #6 |
  7. Nightjar.NR16

Nightjar.NR16

Hi Martin & VitaminD

Thank you for your replies.

Tuner1 CH 46 674000 KHz, DVB-T2, 8 MHz Auto

This morning on BBC HD on the Aura, I'd say the picture was perfect!
    I did a signal test, Strength was only 9%, Quality 100%!!!
    I pressed Live TV, all I then got was a Black Screen on all channels!
    Disconnected the power, been to the Gym, got home, plugged the power in, it's working again!

Have brought the HDMI lead around the front of the TV and plugged it in to the Aura from the left, No improvement!?

Signal test on box 6% & 69%, back to live TV ok, picture not too bad!

I'd had the TV arial from a splitter at the wall, 1 to the Aura the other to the TV, I took the TV lead from the wall plugged it into Aura TV out, got "The receiver is not receiving a signal or is too weak." unplugged it Picture back on, happens every time I plug it in!!!!?

I've gone onto BBC HD, put it onto Record, BBC2 HD onto Record, and ITV HD onto Record, checked and viewed the Recordings of all 3 channels Recording at once!
    Did Signal test, Tuner 1 7% & 79%, Tuner 2 & 3 Not Running, despite 3 channels Recording!!!
    Has anyone tried with your Aura's? What's the result?

Why are the Aura Signal Test readings so low when the TV is showing 98% & 100%?
    What readings are your Humax boxes giving?

Your Views please!!!

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 13:37:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Nightjar.NR16 - 21 mins ago  » 
    I've gone onto BBC HD, put it onto Record, BBC2 HD onto Record, and ITV HD onto Record, checked and viewed the Recordings of all 3 channels Recording at once!
    Did Signal test, Tuner 1 7% & 79%, Tuner 2 & 3 Not Running, despite 3 channels Recording!!!
    Has anyone tried with your Aura's? What's the result?

With the combination of channels you have tried that is what others would also see.
    This is because your choice of channels are all broadcast on the same frequency.

Try the two channels suggested earlier by VitaminD with no substitutions i.e. BBC ONE HD and ITV3. For the third channel add a BBC non-HD channel
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/tv-guide-recording-signal-problems?quote=97142#post-97142

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 14:08:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

All HD channels are broadcast on the same mux therefore only one tuner needed.
    you need to view and record channels/ programmes being broadcast on different muxes to see the other tuners in use.
    As written earlier try viewing an HD channel like BBC 1 HD and recording ITV3 and Dave and you should see the
    three tuners in use.

My situation is the aerial goes into the Aura, then loops to a Humax 5000T which then loops to an OLED Sony TV.
    All three devices receive good quality pictures on all muxes. However the Aura which is first in the queue reports lower signal strength on some muxes than is reported on the 5000T and the TV.

I had used a splitter to split from the aerial cable to both the Aura and the 5000T but that did lower the signal strength to both devices and affected picture quality. The loop through method above for me works better.
    All aerial cable and loop through cables are Webro 100 aerial cable prepared. and terminated by myself so not
    using the cheaper loop through cables provided with the boxes.

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 14:21:25 #9 |
  10. Nightjar.NR16

Nightjar.NR16

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your reply!

BBC1 HD Tuner1 CH43 650000 KHz, DVB-T, 8MHz Auto 14% & 100%
    ITV1 Tuner2 CH46 674000 KHz, DVB-T2 8 MHz Auto 6% & 71%
    BBC2 Tuner3 CH40 626000 KHz, DVB-T, 8 MHz Auto 38% & 88%

And the other things that are happening?

| Mon 28 Nov 2022 14:28:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.