My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

VERY slow startup and slow performance

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 36 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Problem solved then - round the clock full on power expenditure at one's fingertips.

And the time shift buffer file getting thrashed 24/7, just to save a few seconds on boot.
    I can imagine a certain poster complaining that his hard disk is having problems a month or two after the warranty expires and trying to explain it's not the result of the same area of the hard disk being constantly written 24/7.
    Sorry I just don't get this thread, how many of us have PC's that can boot in around 35 seconds from being shut down ?

I'm only jesting. I don't find the freetime bootup a problem. Gives me time to make the coffee.

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 23:45:28 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

Not me, that's why I have my PC set to fire up 15 minutes before I get up in the morning.

My Humax can have as long as it takes now so long as when it's awake it runs OK, which, touch wood, it does.

| Sat 8 Feb 2014 18:01:18 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

I thought I would time my set-up...

With both TV and Humy in standby mode, as I always leave them, press start on Humax remote...11 seconds to picture.

Hey, ney bad that.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 13:52:30 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Donj - 15 minutes ago  » 
    With both TV and Humy in standby mode, as I always leave them, press start on Humax remote...11 seconds to picture.
    Hey, ney bad that.

I think it was in the 15 min pre-recording period.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 14:11:22 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Donj - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Hey, ney bad that.

Box wakes up 15 minutes before an accurate recording is due to start and remains in this mode until the recording finishes. Apart from no display and no video/audio outputs box is fully booted and powering the lnb. Basically in the same state as most Sky boxes are in 24/7.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 14:31:13 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

And if the box has been paired for the app it is basically fully booted 20-25% of the time. (4-5 minutes out of every 20)

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 15:00:55 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richmix

Hi Carled

Just been reading your post and have to say I'm sorry you're disappointed but unfortunately that's the way of this bit of kit. To be honest there's even more niggles with it and I posted my comments way back last year

You can read the post here
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/gradient-black-lines-freezing-image-poor-service#post-23095

I have used Humax stuff for years and had have recently bought a £30 HD box without a hard drive for a mobile home. The EPG, interface, functionality and responsiveness and just general ease of use is far superior that the 1000s I have now.

The recent and long awaited software update in January was (in my opinion) just to fix a few technical issues which I'd reported about the lip sync issues and freezing but on the whole, the update proved a big parcel of p**s.

None of the customers comments and suggestions have been addressed and it still frustrates me every time I use it. I have had to turn a blind eye to the start up time, the lag delay, the poor EPG and awful interface on the basis that I'm not paying any subscription for it.

The price of the box wasn't cheap as you will know and again in my opinion, the box has been sent to market without the features, functionality and thorough testing and development it should have had.

It's still better than a lot of it's competitors but still not what it should be.

I'm hanging on in there for the worlds biggest and most impressive over-the-air update - just hope it's not too long !

Good luck!

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 10:40:39 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.