My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Wirelessly connects to router but not to Internet

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Many thanks for the pictures.

I am sure you wiggled the cable connectors as well, and checked for a dry joint on the aerial cards ...

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 10:20:46 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Looking at the other pictures it is as you say - the Humax still has its IP address and is still connected to the LAN and to the router - it just is not getting past the router and onto the Internet.

It would be interesting to know whether, when it is in this state, the Humax can see files or photos stored on the PC, or whether those cannot be seen either.

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 10:25:20 #42 |
  3. graham uk

graham uk

special member

I have similar problem. I have to re-boot the 4K everyday before it will show Internet Connected.
    Not yet found anyway around this, once it connect it stays connected for several hours.
    Internet signal at the 4K is reading 90%

graham uk

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 12:48:37 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I have just done some testing and I am beginning to wonder if the problem is the BT Home Hub.

See unable to connect to internet

I decided to name all my devices connecting to the BT Home Hub so that I could logon to the BT Home Hub and know which connected device was which. As I was doing so, my phone, which had previously worked perfectly, suddenly gave the "Not connected to Internet" error message, and when I tried to browse, it failed.

A few minutes later, it suddenly worked OK without my knowing that I had changed anything apart from turning off the phone WiFi, turning it back on, and allowing it to connect. This time all was OK.

I wonder if the BT Home Hub has some sort of "reset timeout" where a device connecting does not get connected through to the internet if it just happens to connect while the "reset timeout" is happening?

If so, disconnecting the Humax, and allowing it to re-connect, may fix the problem.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 13:06:13 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See this post which says

I noticed that it claimed to have no internet connection although the router indicated it had LAN connection ... selecting the retry option more than once had no effect ... selecting the On Demand button on the remote control connected it straight away, and I was then able to select Demand 5 with no problem.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 14:02:42 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I am now seriously wondering if the "Connected to network - unable to connect to the internet" is a problem with BT Home Hubs.

I have had it happen with my phone and tablet. It's quite random - the phone of tablet connects but cannot get through to the internet. I connect it again and it works OK.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 13:59:00 #46 |
  7. graham uk

graham uk

special member

JohnH77. I think you have hit the spot and I also believe it's my BT Hub3 gives me the same problem issues.

November I plan to go with Plus Net. I know they are sub of BT but at least they can speak Yorshire and not Indian ???

graham uk

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 16:40:26 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

When I google bt home hub unable to connect to internet I get hundreds of thousands of hits.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 17:13:36 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

I have found that if your router isn't connected to the internet when you power up the receiver then it never connects to the internet. For example, I woke up this morning and switched on the receiver. 10 minutes later i switched on the sky internet router/modem. The only way I could get the receiver to connect wirelessly to the internet is to turn the power off and on at the socket. You have to reboot it to get it to work. You get a router connection but no internet.

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 14:45:16 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Several points about my BT Home Hub 5 (6 months old) where the Humax has, somewhat surprisingly, always connected without any problems.

1 I leave the Home Hub on 24 x 7

2 I have an Edimax WiFi Extender which connects to the Home Hub and is also left on 24 x 7

3 When the Humax comes out of standby it connects to the Edimax Extender.

So, the Humax never actually connects to the router - only to the Extender which is alrerady connected to both router and Internet.

I do think the BT Home Hub is a bit flaky as my phone and tablet sometimes fail to get through to the internet.

Your post suggests that the Humax may also be a bit flaky ...

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 14:59:58 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.