My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mick6

I have a Sony android TV and YouTube works OK on that. and my laptop and my phone

| Mon 19 Oct 2020 21:52:06 #92 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Mick6 - 48 mins ago  » 
    I have a Sony android TV and YouTube works OK on that. and my laptop and my phone

Yes, but not on anybody's Humax devices, not just yours.

| Mon 19 Oct 2020 22:41:14 #93 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gregb49

Just tried again, ie over a week later and still no software update. Has Humax given up on PVRs or am I expecting too much too soon?

I emailed Humax support over a week ago and have received no reply either. Maybe its time to ditch the PVR and go back to TVHeadend on a Raspberry Pi. At least that could play YouTube as well as record TV.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:52:16 #94 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

There may not be any software update to resolve this issue, especially if Humax are correct in their assertion that the problem lies with YouTube and not them.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 11:25:02 #95 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

quhitcorse

just got an email from them after 11 days
    "It has been brought to our attention that some customers are having difficulty playing content when using the YouTube app. We are investigating this and we hope to have an update for you soon.

Many thanks again and apologies for any inconvenience.

If you have any other questions or queries then please feel free to get back in touch with us via phone or email available on http://www.freesat.co.uk/help and we would be more than happy to continue to assist you further.

Kind regards

Shapy"

So hurry up and wait!

Shapy Chowdhury

Freesat Customer Team

customerteam@freesat.co.uk

T 0345 099 0990

freesat.co.uk Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 12:53:28 #96 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gregb49

quhitcorse - 3 hours ago  » 
    just got an email from them after 11 days
    Thanks, It is interesting that a third party is promising an update (Freesat). However, that presumably is just for a Humax Freesat box (I'm assuming that there is such a thing).

I hope that means that an update to the terrestrial TV recorder boxes as well.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 16:02:03 #97 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gregb49

A1944 - 4 hours ago  » 
    There may not be any software update to resolve this issue, especially if Humax are correct in their assertion that the problem lies with YouTube and not them.

I'm sure that this was brought about by a change to Youtube, but it does only seem to affect the Humax boxes. Everything else seems to have coped with this change, whatever it is.

If you are correct, that says more about Humax's support than about Youtube.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 16:04:53 #98 |
  8. antient

antient

I'm also having the same problem. I'm only posting this because I can't find any other way of being notified of future posts on this thread, other than by ticking the "Notify me of follow-up posts via email" box below the window I'm typing in.

| Wed 21 Oct 2020 7:11:54 #99 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Well your post has just helped me as I hadn't noticed that notify box until you mentioned it lol.

| Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:36:41 #100 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

archdeak

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

We are currently aware of an issue most of our customers are having in accessing the Youtube app on our boxes. Youtube are investigating the issue and we hope will restore the service sooner rather than later once the have identified what needs to be done to correct it. At this stage there is nothing that you will need to do other than occasionally trying the app to see if it works and if you could please advise us to any changes in regards to the situation.
    As I said Youtube are working on the issue and will hopefully have the service restored for everyone soon.

Best Regards,

Ruairi H
    Humax Customer Support

| Wed 21 Oct 2020 14:34:58 #101 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.