My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

I've just 'fixed' my connection issue.
    So I've just relearned about the firmware update being one behind on the Humax website.
    I had reinstalled version UKSFAA 3.00.94
    I redownloaded it again as determined to get this useless brick working again.
    So i remove power getting ready to stuff the USB thumb drive in there with the down button pressed.
    It boots up into update mode which confused me.
    Then i notice its updating to UKSFAA 3.00.96
    Luckily then it must cache the latest as I'd of been stuffed other wise...
    So now i have on demand services back and the still broken Youtube.
    Better than nothing...!
    Why didn't Humax warn you on the download page that its not the latest revision.
    They're so crap...

I've just tried the casting from the Android youtube app and I've got to say it works really well.
    Might even be converted TBH as its 1000% better than using the app on the Humax when it was working....

| Tue 17 Nov 2020 22:31:15 #253 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

lyndonp - 25 mins ago  » 
    Just checked my FVP-5000T and the YT search doesn’t work. It looks ok when it is first selected but when you move across to select letters they disappear!
    Also once playing a YT video the return button doesn’t do anything and you have to use the X which takes you right out of YT.
    In fact the return button doesn’t work on anything at all.
    Shame as YT appears to be working faster than it used to do before the initial problem of not loading at all.

I know but provided you have some sort of mobile device there is a workaround that works for me using a mobile device. Who does not have a smart phone or tablet these days. In fact it's the same way I have always used YouTube because it is simply easier.
    Earlier posters in this thread clearly are not interested in actually using YouTube. But rather persisting in what is clearly an issue.
    I find this incomprehensible. Use the workaround until it's fixed, I guess Youtube and Humax are well aware of the issue.
    Talk about chucking the baby out with the bath water.

Yes thank you, I know there are other ways. As on a previous post I said I used it on Amazon Fire TV where it works much better anyway.

I was merely reporting for the benefit of others on here who were requesting what others were experiencing in order to help diagnose the issues so Humax can hopefully fix it.

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 0:07:44 #254 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 32 mins ago  » 

lyndonp - 25 mins ago  » 
    Just checked my FVP-5000T and the YT search doesn’t work. It looks ok when it is first selected but when you move across to select letters they disappear!
    Also once playing a YT video the return button doesn’t do anything and you have to use the X which takes you right out of YT.
    Shame as YT appears to be working faster than it used to do before the initial problem of not loading at all.

I know but provided you have some sort of mobile device there is a workaround that works for me using a mobile device. Who does not have a smart phone or tablet these days. In fact it's the same way I have always used YouTube because it is simply easier.
    Earlier posters in this thread clearly are not interested in actually using YouTube. But rather persisting in what is clearly an issue.
    I find this incomprehensible. Use the workaround until it's fixed, I guess Youtube and Humax are well aware of the issue.

I couldn't get your "workaround" to work (you see, I did try) , so I will give up until the 5000T App gets fixed.
    Don't bother to explain further as I have deleted the iPhone App and will just use my laptop for YT.

He is correct, this work around does work ok.

Start YouTube on your phone and search for what you want and play it. You will see the casting symbol at the top , the rectangle with the Wi-Fi type arcs in the bottom left. Click on that and you will see your Humax box and other cast equipment like my Fire Tv in my case which you select. You can close YouTube down on your phone and control it from your human remote. I assume the return key won’t work as you are in the human box.

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 0:16:44 #255 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

This is the cast icon

Attachments

1. PNG_image.png (39.2 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 18 Nov 2020 0:22:53 #256 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

And you will see the devices your can cast to one of which should be your Humax box

Attachments

1. PNG_image_2.png (86.5 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 18 Nov 2020 0:25:49 #257 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

Its working great for me on Android. Can cue up videos to watch in advance whilst browsing. And actually find what your looking for...!

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 0:33:51 #258 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Lyndonp: Yes, I installed the YT App and did all of that yesterday (including setting up the linking 12 digit code) and it didn't work. All that happened was that the Humax box opened the Youtube App and the phone was stuck with the spinning wheel icon meaning "please wait". I tried several times and waited quite a few minutes for it to settle and - zilch!

So, I have said - forget it!

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 8:53:07 #259 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

"Talk about chucking the baby out with the bath water."

What a pompous and arrogant comment!

Not everyone owns a smart phone (or any other device capable of casting)
    Of those that do, not everyone understands how it works especially for something like casting, nor do they want to have to go through the rigmarole.
    Not everyone has eyesight compatible with typing and searching on 'phone screens, which is why they want to be able to use the Humax directly.
    Stop being so dismissive of the concerns of those who have bought a Humax only to find that a facility they want to use is frequently unusable. You clearly have money to burn filling your house with multiple Humax (and probably other) devices, for many people the cost of just one is a struggle and to then find themselves repeatedly frustrated by failures can be upsetting.
    Have some compassion instead of belittling people.

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 9:38:58 #260 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lyndonp - 9 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 32 mins ago  » 

lyndonp - 25 mins ago <a

href="https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/youtube-re-directing/page/25#post-82217"> » 

I couldn't get your "workaround" to work (you see, I did try) , so I will give up until the 5000T App gets fixed.
    Don't bother to explain further as I have deleted the iPhone App and will just use my laptop for YT.

He is correct, this work around does work ok.
    Start YouTube on your phone and search for what you want and play it. You will see the casting symbol at the top , the rectangle with the Wi-Fi type arcs in the bottom left. Click on that and you will see your Humax box and other cast equipment like my Fire Tv in my case which you select. You can close YouTube down on your phone and control it from your human remote. I assume the return key won’t work as you are in the human box.

It's pretty clear it's working on android devices and broken on IOS. I don't have a iphone so not sure it has worked previously. If it did not I imagine someone would have posted by now.

This is presumably why it still works on the Aura box.

My grandson uses a iphone but he's currently doing a shift at our local hospital.

When he returns I will try it out.

This is the cast list on my Android tablet

Attachments

1. Casting-destinations-on-Android-device.jpg (74.6 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 18 Nov 2020 10:17:20 #261 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Lyndonp: Yes, I installed the YT App and did all of that yesterday (including setting up the linking 12 digit code) and it didn't work. All that happened was that the Humax box opened the Youtube App and the phone was stuck with the spinning wheel icon meaning "please wait". I tried several times and waited quite a few minutes for it to settle and - zilch!
    So, I have said - forget it!

Although I addressed your post I was clarifying how to get it from your phone to a Humax device for anybody else who didn’t understand the guy’s suggestion of using a smartphone and fancied trying it.

And BTW, I am using an iPhone which uses iOS. I note somebody said it didn’t work on iOS.

| Wed 18 Nov 2020 10:24:50 #262 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.