My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jasper589 - 8 mins ago  » 
    Noticed yesterday evening that the YouTube search feature is deleting the first ABC row of letters then the rest when I try to search for a artist or topic. My box is the FVP-5000T and YouTube is working fine when I watch through my Firestick so down to Humax I guess.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/youtube-re-directing

Admin edit: Topics merged

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 18:44:05 #293 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

niknak - 6 hours ago  » 
    Many thanks AANDYY.. Now if only you can sort out the search too.... lol

If you use a number of other devices - read the earlier posts. You can cast a single recording or a playlist to both the HDR boxes and the FVP ones.

includes a windows or mac os computer and android/tablets and iphone/ios tablets.

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 18:48:17 #294 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

I get that Graham but a) I don't have any other devices and b) I just want to be able to search YouTube videos on my Humax devices again...(as per my post on 17/11/2020) But I'm sure the boffins at Humax will sort it eventually. Although after reading today that YouTube are increasing the number of adverts, even unpaid ones, perhaps I could do with a break.

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 19:41:07 #295 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 
    I get that Graham but a) I don't have any other devices and b) I just want to be able to search YouTube videos on my Humax devices again...(as per my post on 17/11/2020) But I'm sure the boffins at Humax will sort it eventually. Although after reading today that YouTube are increasing the number of adverts, even unpaid ones, perhaps I could do with a break.

What are you using to post on this Forum ?

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 20:06:22 #296 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 

Quite possibly a desktop pc in a different room to the Humax.

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 21:10:17 #297 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Exactly......

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 10:03:50 #298 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 13 hours ago  » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 

If it's on the same network as the Humax it makes no difference what room it's in.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 10:19:00 #299 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

grahamlthompson - 18 mins ago  » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 

If it's on the same network as the Humax it makes no difference what room it's in.

Again, you completely miss the point or just refuse to accept it.
    Why would anyone want to go into one room, search for something, cast it to another room, walk to that room and watch the video, then go back to the first room and search again. Ad nauseum.
    People buy the Humax because of its promises to be an all in one solution.
    Workarounds (or in this case walk-around) are not solutions for everyone!
    Have you even bothered to consider that some (possibly lots) of the people you are belittling may not be able to use your workarounds because they are visually impaired or have physical/mobility issues?
    Have some compassion!

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 10:43:31 #300 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

That is EXACTLY the point...

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:37:23 #301 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 5 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 18 mins ago  » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 

Again, you completely miss the point or just refuse to accept it.
    Why would anyone want to go into one room, search for something, cast it to another room, walk to that room and watch the video, then go back to the first room and search again. Ad nauseum.
    People buy the Humax because of its promises to be an all in one solution.
    Workarounds (or in this case walk-around) are not solutions for everyone!
    Have you even bothered to consider that some (possibly lots) of the people you are belittling may not be able to use your workarounds because they are visually impaired or have physical/mobility issues?
    Have some compassion!

That's just plain daft. If they can use a computer to post here they can use the same PC to cast youtube.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 15:50:19 #302 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.