A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 5 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 18 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 13 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 
    I get that Graham but a) I don't have any other devices and b) I just want to be able to search YouTube videos on my Humax devices again...(as per my post on 17/11/2020) But I'm sure the boffins at Humax will sort it eventually. Although after reading today that YouTube are increasing the number of adverts, even unpaid ones, perhaps I could do with a break.

What are you using to post on this Forum ?

Quite possibly a desktop pc in a different room to the Humax.

If it's on the same network as the Humax it makes no difference what room it's in.

Again, you completely miss the point or just refuse to accept it.
    Why would anyone want to go into one room, search for something, cast it to another room, walk to that room and watch the video, then go back to the first room and search again. Ad nauseum.
    People buy the Humax because of its promises to be an all in one solution.
    Workarounds (or in this case walk-around) are not solutions for everyone!
    Have you even bothered to consider that some (possibly lots) of the people you are belittling may not be able to use your workarounds because they are visually impaired or have physical/mobility issues?
    Have some compassion!

That's just plain daft. If they can use a computer to post here they can use the same PC to cast youtube.

It is not daft, SSThing is quite right, re-read it, highlighted above.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 15:54:53 #303 |
  2. Admin

Admin

administrator

As an admin having to read the content of many posts, this bickering is getting tiresome.

Back on topic and behave or topic will be closed.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 16:01:19 #304 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billyboy

I agree entirely with SSThing. Workarounds should not be required. We have a piece of equipment that used to work just fine. That it now doesn’t should be a cause of concern for the suppliers or sellers of the product and service. Just ignoring the problem and the seemingly lack of desire to repair the situation or at the very least to keep customers updated of the situation is breathtaking. The very worst example of Customer service.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 16:05:18 #305 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The problem isn't being ignored, Humax are aware and have acknowledged my reports to them on the issue.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 16:08:22 #306 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Moving on..... At the moment, if a video is paused to study a detail onscreen then the middle of the picture is obscured by the time bar etc. Hitting the "up" key twice will get rid of this, as the back button used to.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 16:36:20 #307 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billyboy

Glad to hear that, Barry. I wish someone would reply to my emails because I haven't a clue what's going on. Doesn't change my view on Customer Service, though.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 16:44:30 #308 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 5 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 18 mins ago  » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 
    I get that Graham but a) I don't have any other devices and b) I just want to be able to search YouTube videos on my Humax devices again...(as per my post on 17/11/2020) But I'm sure the boffins at Humax will sort it eventually. Although after reading today that YouTube are increasing the number of adverts, even unpaid ones, perhaps I could do with a break.

If it's on the same network as the Humax it makes no difference what room it's in.

Why would anyone want to go into one room, search for something, cast it to another room, walk to that room and watch the video, then go back to the first room and search again. Ad nauseum.
    Have you even bothered to consider that some (possibly lots) of the people you are belittling may not be able to use your workarounds because they are visually impaired or have physical/mobility issues?
    Have some compassion!

That's just plain daft. If they can use a computer to post here they can use the same PC to cast youtube.

Well Graham, my Home Desktop PC with Windows 10 won't allow me to cast/stream to another room, unless I am missing something? Maybe a Laptop might be able to cast, but I don't own a Laptop, only a Tablet. So, I can fully understand the frustration. I agree with others. Everyone has different views, equipment access, but this is not right. I use various pvrs & this is totally unfair at the moment.

Huamx/Youtube PLEASE SORT the PROBLEM out! Hopefully BEFORE Christmas & then everyone will be happy in using the equipment that they spent their hard earned money on & put their trust in a brand. John L

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 18:50:29 #311 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jdlfreetime - 56 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 5 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 18 mins ago <a

href="https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/youtube-re-directing/page/30#post-

82509"> » 

niknak - 24 mins ago  » 

Have some compassion!

Well Graham, my Home Desktop PC with Windows 10 won't allow me to cast/stream to another room, unless I am missing something? Maybe a Laptop might be able to cast, but I don't own a Laptop, only a Tablet. So, I can fully understand the frustration. I agree with others. Everyone has different views, equipment access, but this is not right. I use various pvrs & this is totally unfair at the moment.
    Huamx/Youtube PLEASE SORT the PROBLEM out! Hopefully BEFORE Christmas & then everyone will be happy in using the equipment that they spent their hard earned money on & put their trust in a brand. John L

Is your PC and the Humax box on the same home network ? If they are it should just work ? If it runs Windows 10 makes no difference if it's a desktop provided the box or a laptop and aura can talk to each other on the same network.

I can take my laptop to the end of my drive (I have good WiFi coverage) and it still works.

You do not have to set one Youtube programme to playback. You can add multiple items to a playlist and they will playback in order.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:48:03 #312 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Graham,

I can't find Cast function on my Windows Youtube. I can access my PC's music/some of videos to the Humax, but as far as I can work out no access to cast for Youtube. Do you know where it is within settings? I will take another look if it is there.

The easiest method, I find at the moment is using android tablet & streamimg from this to Humax 1100S. The only real advantage via Tablet is the playlist function, that is brilliant when listening to music, you can keep adding tracks while you are watching. You can't do this with the built-in Youtube. But at the end of the day, this is a temporary fix for most users, inc. myself. John L

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 20:01:07 #313 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jdlfreetime - 34 secs ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    I can't find Cast function on my Windows Youtube. I can access my PC's music/some of videos to the Humax, but as far as I can work out no access to cast for Youtube. Do you know where it is within settings? I will take another look if it is there.
    The easiest method, I find at the moment is using android tablet & streamimg from this to Humax 1100S. The only real advantage via Tablet is the playlist function, that is brilliant when listening to music, you can keep adding tracks while you are watching. You can't do this with the built-in Youtube. But at the end of the day, this is a temporary fix for most users, inc. myself. John L

The casting option is found by opening Youtube in a Google Chrome window. You have to use Google Chrome for this to work. other browsers like fire fox will not work.

Click on the extra tab at the top of the window to open a new tab. Search for Youtube and and add some content. Press play a new window appears with the first video. Click on the cast icon at the top. Choose the device you want to cast to.

If you have video/audio files on your computer you can also drag them from a windows exlporer window to the chrome icon on your desk top. You can also cast these in the same way.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 20:02:54 #314 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.