My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

slls1961

The YouTube Search facility is very unstable. Letters on the on-screen keyboard just disappear so you have no idea where the input cursor is currently positioned.

This has been the case for several weeks and renders the app almost useless for my requirements.

Any comment appreciated.

Thanks.

| Sat 12 Dec 2020 19:16:19 #345 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Why didn't you post it in the Youtube issues thread, this is pinned to the top of the forum.

Admin edit: Topics Merged

| Sat 12 Dec 2020 19:34:19 #346 |
  3. antient

antient

Jonjo - 1 week ago  » 
    Thanks for that evilmrb. A friend of mine has these issues and (wrongly of course) assumed that it was his remote that was faulty and so shelled out £30+ for a replacement! Corporate blame ping-pong is all very well, but we, the loyal users have to put up with a sub-standard service no matter who is at fault.

One way to test a ‘suspect’ remote control in cases like this is to try a smiler function in a different app, such as iPlayer for example. If iPlayer searching works, but the YouTube search does weird things, it is highly probable that the remote control is fine and the YouTube app is broken.

| Tue 15 Dec 2020 19:17:53 #347 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo

Thanks, antient,

Remote works fine in other apps. This is a YouTube/HUMAX issue which is taking far too long to resolve.

| Wed 16 Dec 2020 10:56:28 #348 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billyboy

Jonjo - no information, emails not answered, no on-screen information as there was previously. They don’t seem to be in too much of a hurry to resolve it to me. Maybe they’re hoping we’ll all go away and forget about it. Shocking customer service.

| Wed 16 Dec 2020 13:18:59 #349 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

evilmrb

Maybe we can get Mariah Carey to record another version of her song to be called 'All I want for Christmas is You(Tube)'. I'm not hopeful of either.

| Wed 16 Dec 2020 14:24:02 #350 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

and

Maybe you can all just sit back and think about this terrible pandemic.

South Korea announced another spike in cases this week, especially in the capitol Seoul (Humax HQ) which is running out of intensive care beds/spaces

Topic unstuck, any new threads will be merged to this as and when.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 11:31:58 #351 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

Please stick this topic, it is still not solved and I had problems finding it tonight. Having been a dedicated Humax user for almost 15 years I am seriously thinking about buying another brand if normal service is not resumed soon.

| Thu 17 Dec 2020 23:25:43 #352 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Marty788 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Please stick this topic, it is still not solved and I had problems finding it tonight. Having been a dedicated Humax user for almost 15 years I am seriously thinking about buying another brand if normal service is not resumed soon.

It is already stuck with 384 posts

Do you have any of the following

A PC

A tablet

A Mobile Phone.

If so which ?

Also which Humax device are you trying to use to watch Youtube ?

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 10:14:52 #353 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

My Humax devices are HDR1000S and FVP4000T, both have the same search problem where the grid of letters disappears.
    I know you are going to suggest the work-around but my mobile phone is a cheap pay-as-you-go and not a smartphone and will not work with youtube, I have a PC but that's in another room in the house so to use the work-around I have to run from room to room. I do not have a tablet. I should add that I am 75 years old and disabled!
    One of my reasons for buying Humax boxes was the features which included Youtube, now that does not work I will be looking for alternatives once this pandemic is over!

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 10:59:34 #354 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.