My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Marty788 - 4 mins ago  » 
    My Humax devices are HDR1000S and FVP4000T, both have the same search problem where the grid of letters disappears.
    I know you are going to suggest the work-around but my mobile phone is a cheap pay-as-you-go and not a smartphone and will not work with youtube, I have a PC but that's in another room in the house so to use the work-around I have to run from room to room. I do not have a tablet. I should add that I am 75 years old and disabled!

One of my reasons for buying Humax boxes was the features which included Youtube, now that does not work I will be looking for alternatives once this pandemic is over!

Youtube created the issue by changing the way it works without telling anyone about the changes.

Not much consolation I know but Youtube works fine on the new aura box.

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 11:06:29 #355 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Marty788 - 4 mins ago  » 
    My Humax devices are HDR1000S and FVP4000T, both have the same search problem where the grid of letters disappears.
    I know you are going to suggest the work-around but my mobile phone is a cheap pay-as-you-go and not a smartphone and will not work with youtube, I have a PC but that's in another room in the house so to use the work-around I have to run from room to room. I do not have a tablet. I should add that I am 75 years old and disabled!

One of my reasons for buying Humax boxes was the features which included Youtube, now that does not work I will be looking for alternatives once this pandemic is over!

Totally agree with you Marty788,
    You shouldn't have to try "workarounds" when you have invested good money in the Humax products. This should be supported with regular updates without delays. The problem seems to be Google/Youtube + Covid19 delay. Hopefully we will all receive good news soon. I'm as keen as you! I have access to a tablet + smartphone, so I am lucky, but I fully appreicate your frustration. Not everyone has access to extra devices. John L

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 11:10:26 #356 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

evilmrb

I'm wondering if there is any mileage in a co-ordinated effort to nudge Humax into action. One idea I had was to get as many people as possible to email Humax but using the same message content to show solidarity. Another option would be to send a snot-a-gram (my name for an incendiary letter) to Humax's London address.

I agree we shouldn't have to be looking for a workaround. I would also reiterate that the current boxes made by Arris are plagued with issues if you look at posts in AV Forums. Something to bear in mind for those seeking to replace their Humax box(es).

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 11:39:01 #357 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Marty788 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Please stick this topic, it is still not solved and I had problems finding it tonight. Having been a dedicated Humax user for almost 15 years I am seriously thinking about buying another brand if normal service is not resumed soon.

It is already stuck with 384 posts

No it isn't because Barry "unstuck" it at half past ten today.

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 11:55:22 #358 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

evilmrb - 52 mins ago  » 
    I'm wondering if there is any mileage in a co-ordinated effort to nudge Humax into action.

None whatsoever.

I've already stated Humax Towers are aware.

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 12:37:12 #359 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Have you received any recent update from Humax Barry, or could they just be trying to ignore the problem?

| Fri 18 Dec 2020 12:41:13 #360 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrDeeDee

I quote a previous user, as I have the same issue. "After logging into YouTube successfully I am getting a problem with the alpha numeric keyboard display on my TV's screen disappearing when I try to search for a video using my Humax remote control. I notice this topic has been raised before, but I do not see any response offering a solution to the problem. Is this problem under investigation by Humax?"
    If this problem has not been resolved can anyone offer me a successful workaround, please?

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 15:53:29 #361 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrDeeDee - 1 min ago  » 
    I quote a previous user, as I have the same issue. "After logging into YouTube successfully I am getting a problem with the alpha numeric keyboard display on my TV's screen disappearing when I try to search for a video using my Humax remote control. I notice this topic has been raised before, but I do not see any response offering a solution to the problem. Is this problem under investigation by Humax?"
    If this problem has not been resolved can anyone offer me a successful workaround, please?

Do you have any of the following. ?

A PC running windows or a mac with the chrome browser installed.

A Smart phone and or tablet running Android or IOS with the You tube app installed ?

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 15:57:33 #362 |
  9. brian

brian

special member

MrDeeDee - 5 mins ago  » 

If you look a few posts above yours, you will see that Humax are aware.

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 16:00:26 #363 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrDeeDee

Yes, I do have a PC running Windows 10, an Android phone and a Samsung tablet S4.

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 19:14:40 #364 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.