My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Wheway - You turn your router off at night but leave the HDR-1000S on?
    I think the HDR-1000S may well currently only request a IP address on powerup - will play later and find out.

Assuming you are set to accurate record (Padding=Auto) then the unit will wait for a change in running status to be received for the current programme. Rarely the broadcaster forgets to send it, the unit will then think the programme has overrun and sticks with it.

With a single cable connection you have two tuner operation but the two tuners are limited in function as they can only be switched to the same polarisation (V/H) and band (Low/High) as the first. The programme must not have met this criteria or it would have switched to it.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 9:08:21 #701 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Question: is the AR data sent separately for DTT and satellite transmissions, or once? I had recordings set for those same programmes on a Freeview PVR, and all three programmes recorded correctly.

BBC4 8:00 - 8:30 Triffids
    BBC4 8:30 - 9:00 Triffids
    BBC1 9:00 - 10:00 Remember Me

So if AR was indeed accurate for Freeview, does that mean it was also accurate for Freesat? Or could there be a slip-up affecting only the satellite schedule? Does anyone know?

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 9:56:37 #702 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JamesB - 1 hour ago  » 
    Question: is the AR data sent separately for DTT and satellite transmissions, or once? I had recordings set for those same programmes on a Freeview PVR, and all three programmes recorded correctly.
    BBC4 8:00 - 8:30 Triffids
    BBC4 8:30 - 9:00 Triffids
    BBC1 9:00 - 10:00 Remember Me
    So if AR was indeed accurate for Freeview, does that mean it was also accurate for Freesat? Or could there be a slip-up affecting only the satellite schedule? Does anyone know?

It's still not very clear to me, but as it seems the AR data would be handled by Red Bee, logically I would think it would be the same data that would be received by both Freeview and Freesat EPGs.

It seems Red Bee have been bought by Ericsson - news to me - and the BBC has stated that the playout contract won't be renewed when it expires in 2015. It's all going to be brought in house, which could be good or bad from the point of view of PVR users. Red Bee will be a hard act to follow.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/1304512/

Apologies for off-topic detour.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 11:41:34 #703 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    With the cable connected to one of the router yellow sockets and the Humax powered, do you see a small green or yellow LED on the network sockets at both ends of the cable?
    If so, good. The next thing to try is resetting the router. you will need something like a paperclip to insert into the small hole on the back of the router. After the router has reset, put the Humax in standby and then turn it back on.
    Now check the Humax's settings for System info - Network. You want to see an ip address and other settings with values other than zero. If they are still zero you will need to try to reset the Humax - Setting - system settings - factory default. (Make a note of your recording schedule as you will need to re-setup them up, but you will not loose your recordings).
    Please post results.

I've got those yellow and green lights, I've reset the router and humax. Still nothing.
    Can someone tell me how to configure the thing manually?

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 15:17:45 #704 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Quantum,
    I assume that your nothing refers to no ip address present in settings - system settings - network?
    The router needs to be on when the Humax is brought out of standby to be sure.

It is just possible you have the wrong type of cable (with two pins reversed - a crossover cable) - some devices can work this out and correct for it but not all. What colour cable is it and does it have any markings?

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 15:50:25 #705 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

Router switched on first the Humax.
    As I mentioned the cable works with a laptop for internet.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 15:56:19 #706 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Quantum - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Router switched on first the Humax.
    As I mentioned the cable works with a laptop for internet.

As already mentioned the laptop could correct for the cable. Any markings?, what colour? (Yellow is frequently used for crossovers)
    You did not confirm no ip address?
    Your PC's are set for automatic connection?

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 16:45:16 #707 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Quantum - there's a two-year-old thread on the BT forum (https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Freesat-through-home-hub-issues/td-p/681228) that includes this link:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Freesat-through-home-hub-issues/td-p/681228

It can only be accessed from a BT connection so I've no idea if it's still valid, but might be worth having a look, maybe contact the person who posted it in the forum thread.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 16:50:54 #708 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheway

REPASSAC - 12 hours ago  » 
    I think the HDR-1000S may well currently only request a IP address on powerup - will play later and find out.
    Assuming you are set to accurate record (Padding=Auto) then the unit will wait for a change in running status to be received for the current programme. Rarely the broadcaster forgets to send it, the unit will then think the programme has overrun and sticks with it.
    With a single cable connection you have two tuner operation but the two tuners are limited in function as they can only be switched to the same polarisation (V/H) and band (Low/High) as the first. The programme must not have met this criteria or it would have switched to it.

I power down the router and the HDR-1000s goes into standby. I power up the router before switching the Humax back on. I'm seeing an ip address and all the other on demand content works, just not iplayer.

With regard to the recording question, this seems to have resolved itself in a way I don't understand (given I have a single LNB and satellite feed to the box). I expected it to switch from BBC4 to BBC1 at 9pm. About 9:30 I noticed the box still said BBC4. I turned the TV on and it was showing BBC4. Later, after the end of the scheduled recording, I checked it and it had in fact recorded BBC1 despite my having seen BBC4 when I checked whilst the recording was in progress. The box is evidently somewhat smarter than I am.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 21:48:24 #709 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wheway - 8 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 12 hours ago  » 

I power down the router and the HDR-1000s goes into standby. I power up the router before switching the Humax back on. I'm seeing an ip address and all the other on demand content works, just not iplayer.
    With regard to the recording question, this seems to have resolved itself in a way I don't understand (given I have a single LNB and satellite feed to the box). I expected it to switch from BBC4 to BBC1 at 9pm. About 9:30 I noticed the box still said BBC4. I turned the TV on and it was showing BBC4. Later, after the end of the scheduled recording, I checked it and it had in fact recorded BBC1 despite my having seen BBC4 when I checked whilst the recording was in progress. The box is evidently somewhat smarter than I am.

You only have one feed but both tuners are connected to the same cable.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 21:58:44 #710 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.