1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

My 5000 finds nothing either.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 12:12:13 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Martin Liddle - 14 hours ago  » 
    It looks to me as though my FVP has a pending update to the software for the box itself but because I have a lot of recordings set tonight I can't let it install yet.

Sorry false alarm; mine didn't find anything this morning after a search for an update and again after power cycling. It is possible that it is a phased roll out of a new version to avoid the Humax servers being overloaded so worth continuing to check. Also My5 is still not responding after the power cycle.

Edit: There is also a report from a user over on hummy.tv of the new software version so I am hoping it is only a matter of time before we all get it.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 12:19:49 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rocksteady - 18 hours ago  » 
    Well this time the power cycle did more than box reboot. It applied an unannounced firmware update (June 2020).

Could you tell us what the version number of the new software is please?

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 12:20:45 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I am told by a user over on hummy.tv that the new software is Software Version UKTFAE 1.03.52. Not available for download from the Humax web site yet.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 15:15:34 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

Martin Liddle - 8 mins ago  » 
    I am told by a user over on hummy.tv that the new software is Software Version UKTFAE 1.03.52. Not available for download from the Humax web site yet.

Yes that was me. I read somewhere that some humax boxes (sat boxes maybe) had recoved from player woes. I believed that to be a software update. I have not seen such an update announced on my box, but I did a power cycle anyway and it sneaked in. I found players worked again. When I went to System Information I saw that I had Software Version UKTFAE 1.03.52 dated 12 JUN 2020.
    So no more jokes about "try switching it off then on again". Just do it. Switch box power off, count to 10, switch power on and see if you get the bonus prize like I did. It is so good to have fully working Humax box again after so many months faulty.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 15:34:05 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

Martin Liddle - 1 mnth ago  » 
    For me things have improved quite a lot recently. ITV Hub now works OK although slower than iPlayer and All Four is now working but slower again than ITV Hub. In both cases the players were very, very slow to load the first time; I wonder if they are doing a silent software update when the player is first used after a software update for that player becomes available.

@Martin Liddle,
    I have tracked down it was your post above that actually inpired me to do a power cycle, as you mentioned improvements to players. So had assumed you had received a software update or Humax had fixed something their end.
    Maybe true that Humax are rolling the box software update out in stages. Keep checking.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 16:03:04 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

I have somehow managed to get an unannounced software update on my 5000T. For me that seems to fix catch-up player problems, including My5.
    See here:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/5000t-no-players-working-except-iplayer/page/5#post-78603

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 17:39:00 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

I have managed to get a software update which seems to fix the catch-up players.
    See this thread:-
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/5000t-no-players-working-except-iplayer/page/5#post-78603

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 17:41:37 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jasper589

I tried that rocksteady but did not work for me I'm afraid, still on 1.03.51

I have given up on Humax and plugged my old firestick back in to get My5.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 18:46:14 #59 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

davidrew - 2 weeks ago  » 
    There could be a 6000T in the wings that will solve all our issues and a rollback of an updated software bundle like they did for the 4000T a few months after the 5000T was released.

Historically Humax seem to make the any new box worse than its predecessor.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 22:30:40 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.