My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T No Players working except iPlayer

(83 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Indeed Trev, will be very interesting to see what the next offerings from Humax are.

However, I do eat humble pie. Contrary to my belief the 5000T may be development dead the firmware on our 5000T had a massive leap forward by 0.00.01 versions this morning, lets hope there are lots of goodies for over a years worth of work (still looking), or is it just enough fixes to avoid litigation over advertised features and services that haven't worked for months?

May have to wait for the official release notes .....

| Mon 13 Jul 2020 0:36:02 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Earlier this morning I did a power off reset and the new update was applied giving a very much improved access to the various catch up services.

It did mean I had to sign in to the ITV Hub, which meant remembering my password.

| Mon 13 Jul 2020 15:35:58 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Just done a "check new software" on my 4000t and the update is there. I am currently downloading. Any issues and I will let you know.

| Tue 14 Jul 2020 19:31:59 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Not all players available immediately on the bottom shortcut menu after the install. All listed in the players section.
    None working properly so did a full powerdown and gave the box time to download and install any app updates that may be available/necessary.

ITVhub working OK.
    C4/All4 working OK.
    BBC iPlayer sometimes hangs at a black screen, other times eventually loads but is extremely flaky.
    My5/C5 loads eventually to the home page and programmes can be selected but then hangs at a rotating blue icon.

| Tue 14 Jul 2020 20:14:25 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

swarfendor437

Ive been having Internet issues with TT (TalkTalk) - when there was a major outage a few weeks back across the UK things went wrong with the Humax and the PS4. I have (had rather) both connected via a two-port PowerLine Adapter (TP-Link TL-PA9020P), via TP-Link 8-port switch to a TP-Link Archer VR-2800. I allocated both the Humax box and the PS4 a reserved IP address as outlined in an email response to an earlier contributor. After doing that, the status page indicated not connected to Internet - did the 'check again' and said connected. Normally before you can access content you have to agree to the terms and conditions on the last option of General Settings. When trying to launch On Demand all it states is either 'not currently available' or 'we are loading some great content for you.' I've done the 5 minute power off of the router with 10 minutes off of the Humax box but on reboot still only showing UKTFAE 1.03.51 against Software Version. I also noticed that PowerLine adapters have their own Mac Address - so don't know if this is an issue to! Both the Humax Box and PS4 are now back on wireless - I am trying to reduce the amount of wireless waves in the house - most internet capable kit is now using PowerLine adapters with reserved addresses on the network cards of the machines connected. At a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

| Tue 14 Jul 2020 22:51:36 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

12 hours later.

My5/C5 is working but only just. After selecting a programme it then takes between 5 and 10 minutes of black screen and spinning logo before playing.
    BBC iPlayer is still the same. Loads OK but navigation is not working properly. It seems that the first stages of navigation are OK but if one tries to go back (using either the arrow keys or the back button) the app hangs. I have just played a programme OK, stopped playback, scrolled up to the top bar and then across to the channel tab (which is now highlighted) but the screen is stuck on the search page with a spinning icon for about 5 minutes.

| Wed 15 Jul 2020 8:48:28 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

@swarf,
    Guess I was fortunate to be one of the first maybe to get new 1.03.52.
    My Humax is hard wired to my router via cat5 cable. You could always give that a try as a temporary measure.
    The update was not announced by the box. I just did a power cycle and it appeared. So just need to do that every so often to see if it gets installed, as it seems to be a rolling update.

| Fri 17 Jul 2020 18:17:52 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I got 52 installed with a WiFi connection just by doing a power off/on reset, ie. switch off the power at the mains switch, waiting a short time then switching it on again. Just switching to standby and back with the remote is not enough.

| Fri 17 Jul 2020 19:06:15 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

swarfendor437

I've done all of the power off method and rebooting. Just been on webchat and they stated it is a phased release with all devices receiving the update this Wednesday morning.:D

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 16:06:48 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mcmad

Just a word of warning, my 4000T got the update to 052 and it crippled the box. It appeared to be so busy doing something in the background that it would only respond to the remote intermittently and also started running hotter than usual.

Reloaded 051 and after a hard power reset things seem back to normal but I’ve left disconnected from the internet to stop it reinstalled..

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 17:21:59 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.