My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T No Players working except iPlayer

(83 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I have a 5000T and you are correct, a majority of the players (except iPlayer) either do not work, are so slow you just give up or crash the box.

This is a constant theme of many posts on this forum and no amount of complaining to Humax seems to move them to resolving the issues. Instead of owning their own product failings they just blame external forces.

I maybe completely wrong but I believe the product could now be legacy, there have been no updates of fixes for 14 months. There could be a 6000T in the wings that will solve all our issues and a rollback of an updated software bundle like they did for the 4000T a few months after the 5000T was released.

Depending what you are looking for also consider the Manhattan T3-R which by all accounts is much faster but does not have Netflix, triple tuner or a 2TB drive option, however, it does look to be supported with regular updates and improved functionality and they also respond to queries very quickly.

Humax should not be marketing and selling a product which has serious known functionality defects, if push came to shove they are probably in breach of some trading laws so they should get a grip and sort things out.

Unfortunately for most of us on this forum they have already had our money and for us to vote with out feet has little consequence. If potential new customers go elsewhere then that is maybe what will focus some minds.

| Sun 28 Jun 2020 11:12:41 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jasper589

Will Humax and My5 ever sort out the fact you cannot view My5 through the PVR, problems been going on for months now.

| Wed 1 Jul 2020 19:44:48 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Ask Humax and My5/C5.

| Wed 1 Jul 2020 21:40:24 #43 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

See my thoughts here: FVR-5000T Apps Don't Work

Enough said I think, Keep complaining to the Humax customer support black hole or try My5 who's app works with no problem on every other device I've tried it on.

| Wed 1 Jul 2020 23:10:01 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

After reading the latest posts above, I deceided to do a power off/on cycle of my 5000T. Was surprised to get players itvhub, all4 and even My5 back working. I did have to sign in to itvhub afresh, but no hardship. Hope this is the new normal for players on Humax.

| Fri 10 Jul 2020 19:23:15 #45 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Yep, this is the 'New Normal' for all kinds of electronic devices, and has been for about the last 40 years or more. But obviously it has 'passed you by'

| Sat 11 Jul 2020 17:56:17 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

Well this time the power cycle did more than box reboot. It applied an unannounced firmware update (June 2020).

| Sat 11 Jul 2020 18:11:15 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

rocksteady - 27 mins ago  » 
    Well this time the power cycle did more than box reboot. It applied an unannounced firmware update (June 2020).

A firmware update to the box or a software update to the particular catch up apps you are using?

| Sat 11 Jul 2020 18:39:47 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    A firmware update to the box or a software update to the particular catch up apps you are using?

It looks to me as though my FVP has a pending update to the software for the box itself but because I have a lot of recordings set tonight I can't let it install yet.

| Sat 11 Jul 2020 21:47:25 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Any news Martin?
    My 4000t finds nothing even after a default reset.

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:40:04 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.