My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

App update for Beta testers

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Just because something does/doesn't happen for you doesn't mean it does/doesn't happen for other people with different devices and/or browser settings.
    All you needed to do was mention post #9 in your original answer.

| Wed 19 Jan 2022 15:16:30 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Is anyone using this BETA? im not part of the beta programme but wondered if people have found it does fix the issues it says it fixes?

For me the main one being the time skip (buffer) issue?

Regards

James

| Fri 21 Jan 2022 10:27:43 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

I'm part of the beta program and as far as I know, I'm running the GA release that everyone is using.

I've not seen a 'beta release' for several months now, someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the time skip issue for recorded TV on a daily basis. Colin at Humax support promised an update many months ago but no signs of it, I've given up hope.

| Fri 21 Jan 2022 14:52:07 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

jlmj2009 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm part of the beta program and as far as I know, I'm running the GA release that everyone is using.
    I've not seen a 'beta release' for several months now, someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.
    I have the time skip issue for recorded TV on a daily basis. Colin at Humax support promised an update many months ago but no signs of it, I've given up hope.

Likewise, I think Humax have given up on us their customers that pay their wages.

| Fri 21 Jan 2022 16:12:53 #24 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I believe the latest public releases are dated either Jul 28 2021 or Aug 05 2021 which, as far as I am aware, have all the documented enhancements and fixes incorporated.

I do not know why there are two different version dates, or what, if any, difference there is between them.

I am a Beta test user and as far as I am aware work is still going on in the background. I guess we have to watch this space.

| Fri 21 Jan 2022 16:56:00 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

6 months is a long time between fixes when they are fully aware there are ongoing issues.

| Fri 21 Jan 2022 20:50:20 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan11

I reported a fault where on a Sony Bravia ( it only has one HDMI port) the av button won’t rotate Roundhead Ava’s and stays on av1 whereas the Aura uses av4
    I e mailed and they managed to replicate the issue and said they would pass the the developers to be repaired in an update, I don’t suppose anyone knows if that’s down for a future update please?

| Sat 22 Jan 2022 11:59:55 #27 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

Tigerfan11 - 43 mins ago  » 
    I reported a fault where on a Sony Bravia ( it only has one HDMI port) the av button won’t rotate Roundhead Ava’s and stays on av1 whereas the Aura uses av4
    I e mailed and they managed to replicate the issue and said they would pass the the developers to be repaired in an update, I don’t suppose anyone knows if that’s down for a future update please?

Was she a friend of Oliver Cromwell?
    To answer your question, I doubt anyone knows.
    Given the long silence either development has stopped or the next firmware will use a newer version of Android.

| Sat 22 Jan 2022 12:45:57 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan11

Flippin autocarrot !

| Sat 22 Jan 2022 21:56:32 #29 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

I noticed that several apps (catch-up apps and other Freeview Play apps such as MDS Client, FVP Config Authority, TIF Bridge, etc) on the Aura have been updated (dated the 5th January) and all saying "What's new: Android 11 support". Maybe this is a sign of progress or maybe I am grasping at straws.

| Wed 2 Feb 2022 16:56:09 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.