My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Signal Problems

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJ321

It was the Auras 4 tuners and high capacity that attracted me. So how many tuners does the Manhatten have? I found that to be the major limitation of the HDR Fox T2.

Humax can simply sort all their problems out by the old maxim of business: "LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ..."

| Wed 29 Dec 2021 12:53:59 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JefUK

The Manhattan T3-R has only two - so it is just like the Fox T2 in that respect.

But I now find with Freeview Play that 2 tuners is not such a significant limitation, especially for BBC programs. A small number of them are even in UHD!

The Manhattan will be delivered today, so within a few days I will post an initial report.

| Wed 29 Dec 2021 13:39:05 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Yes its all very disappointing will try to change mine after the Xmas period has calmed down. Tried everything under the sun par installing a new log periodic aerial and amplifier. "Havenview" in another thread put his finger on the problem when he found if you rebooted on a SD channel which was breaking up ,it wood come good with 100% quality and then if you changed channel it would break up again.
    I ignored all the bad reviews thinking they would have sorted it by now buying a £50 off one from Humax Direct.
    All my other kit works fine!

| Wed 29 Dec 2021 14:17:39 #23 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

BJ321 - 2 hours ago  » 
    It was the Auras 4 tuners and high capacity that attracted me. So how many tuners does the Manhatten have? I found that to be the major limitation of the HDR Fox T2.
    Humax can simply sort all their problems out by the old maxim of business: "LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ..."

The aura has 3 tuners, and the Manhattan T3-R has 2 tuners.

| Wed 29 Dec 2021 14:58:11 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJ321

Yes I realised there are only 3 tuners in the Aura - so to clarify what I meant: You can record 3 channels and watch a 4th if the multiplexes allow it.

| Fri 31 Dec 2021 20:54:02 #25 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

BJ321 - 6 mins ago  » 
    Yes I realised there are only 3 tuners in the Aura - so to clarify what I meant: You can record 3 channels and watch a 4th if the multiplexes allow it.

You can actually record 4 channels, and watch a 5th if the multiplexes allow it.

| Fri 31 Dec 2021 21:02:16 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maximus

Well my aura is going back to John Lewis for exchange
    pixelation problems terrible volume dropouts when watching live and recorded tv,
    Have done all the usual things cable changes endless factory resets,
    will report about new box in due course

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 13:24:54 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Yes I would urge anyone having problems get the box changed via retailer or Humax as I did. Do not waste any more time trying to get it right!
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/fragmented-picturelack-of-signal

| Mon 31 Jan 2022 11:44:58 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobspark - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes I would urge anyone having problems get the box changed via retailer or Humax as I did. Do not waste any more time trying to get it right!
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/fragmented-picturelack-of-signal

I think that advice is a bit extreme. The symptoms can also be caused by incorrect tuning or cable/amplifier faults. If they have been ruled out then I agree that the supplier should be contacted.

| Mon 31 Jan 2022 13:27:19 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

I don't know if this will help anyone, but this is my experience.

I bought an Aura from Humax, connected it into my existing system Auto tuned and got pixelation and drop outs on all channels. Signal strength varied from 0 to 100% and quality was all over the place. Manual tuning gave no improvement

Refitting the T2, I got a rock steady 50 to 65% signal and 199% quality with perfect picture.

Before repacking the Aura for return. I increased the aerial signal (via my aerial distributor) such that the T2 registered 85 to 95% signal, then replaced the Aura. Rock steady picture on all channels, both the signal strength and quality 100% across the board.

Conclusion: Aura's tuners are significantly less sensitive than the T2, but the reported signal strength is higher.

| Mon 31 Jan 2022 15:13:04 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.