My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. brian

brian

special member

Ant71 - 14 mins ago  » 
    Sure someone has probably asked already but google home page has updated and I seem to be getting disney+ shows advert at the top of the screen. I don't have disney+ so it's irrelevant. Anyone know if this can be changed or removed?
    Thanks

Look in Settings > Device Preferences > Home screen > Customise services

You should be able to unselect Disney+, and then press Confirm.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 18:56:39 #111 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigrobsw

brian - 1 hour ago  » 

bigrobsw - 4 mins ago  » 
    I've got version 00.09.14 but an update date of Jan 29 2021
    Does that mean I have the latest version, and if not how do I get it? When I check for software updates, I'm apparently up to date.
    Earlier I deleted some recordings & was sometimes asked for the PIN, so I have my suspicions.

You need to look in Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Information
    Update Date should be Apr 12, 2021.

The attached screenshot is what I've got on the system information screen

Attachments

1. Inked20210422_165908_LI_2S.jpg (166.8 KB, 4 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 22 Apr 2021 19:00:30 #112 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

bigrobsw - 5 mins ago  » 

brian - 1 hour ago  » 

bigrobsw - 4 mins ago  » 
    I've got version 00.09.14 but an update date of Jan 29 2021
    Does that mean I have the latest version, and if not how do I get it? When I check for software updates, I'm apparently up to date.
    Earlier I deleted some recordings & was sometimes asked for the PIN, so I have my suspicions.

You need to look in Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Information
    Update Date should be Apr 12, 2021.

The attached screenshot is what I've got on the system information screen

Your box has not been updated yet then. Have a look on the android home page, do you have a white circle with a number in it, this will be in the top right hand corner of the screen. This may contain a notification from hams about app updates.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 19:11:24 #113 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigrobsw

Yes there was a circle with a 2 in it, there is apparently a new episode of American Pickers on Quest & several app updates, some of which it says worked and some failed, but then the update window went away so I don't know what was updated & not I'm afraid.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 19:49:25 #114 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigrobsw

And whatever has updated or not has broken live TV (which just shows a black screen, but the guide works, with a black screen in the PiP live preview) and recordings do not play back, just a black screen and the playback does not start. Amazon prime still works ok.

Update

But after a Freeview Reset and a restart, it decided a few apps needed updating, and the 12 April update was installed & everything started working again, so all good in the end!

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 20:48:15 #115 |
  6. ssenior45

ssenior45

DracUK - 12 hours ago  » 
    Factory Reset in Freeview Play Preference

Just to confirm that this worked for me, I have the new UI after waiting a few hours.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 22:13:34 #116 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Opened up the play store, which I'd forgotten about, and the updates were pending there. Applied the updates, rebooted and boom! we have the new UI in place.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 22:25:54 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard_dotnet

brian - 15 hours ago
    Look in Settings > Device Preferences > Home screen > Customise services
    You should be able to unselect Disney+, and then press Confirm.

[My first post!]

I too am a little irritated by the advert for Disney+/Google Play (to be clear, I wouldn't mind the top banner to be something from the channels I have on my home screen, that would be helpful). I have cleaned up my Home Screen with just the channels that I want, but the Disney+ adverts are still there. I don't have the Disney+ app, so the adverts are irrelevant.

One immediate like is the ability to increase on screen fonts (Settings > Channel & Broadcast > Font Size, is this new? I've not seen it before) I have retinopathy, so I need large fonts, even on a TV. However, the radio button list of options having increments of 2% is a bit silly, it would be better to have +5%, +10% etc since I cannot imagine anyone being so sensitive to notice 2% differences. I have fonts ramped up to the maximum (+16%) but I would be more comfortable with +30% or +50%.

Richard

Attachments

1. 20210423_105130.jpg (122.8 KB, 4 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 23 Apr 2021 11:15:58 #118 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

My view of the featured content, which is currently Disney+, at the top of the new Google TV home screen is purely Google monetising their platform. Disney pay for featured content, Google make $$$$$.

Assume it will change when the next highest bidder comes along. This is also an existing feature of the Google Play Store which advertises content in the background, which is also currently Disney+.

I'm not interested in Disney+ either or probably 95% of any other advertising I'm exposed to but unfortunately that's capitalism for you.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 11:55:56 #119 |
  10. barrados

barrados

Yes but we pay good money for equipment and then get bombarded with adverts, my LG TV is the same.
    Abandon the the homescreen,, hit the freeview button and get everything from there.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 13:39:17 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.