My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. barrados

barrados

Scenario:

EPG search

Results are shown in thumbnails.
    An option to change to a list view would be beneficial, and the font size follows the sizing within the new font settings.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:46:30 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

KentViewer

I’m not sure whether this has been suggested before (or even implemented in the beta firmware) but, in the EPG, I would prefer the sort function (green button) to default to the last setting used - or at least have this an option.

At present, every time I go into the guide I have to reset this function to sort by channel name because I like to have all BBC channels, for example, to be grouped together. The channel numbers mean nothing to me.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:28:42 #92 |
  3. barrados

barrados

2 suggestions

1. In the recordings list, having an option to move recordings into another folder or move into completely new folder.

2. In timer recordings/schedule recordings, been able to edit and manually adjust them.

| Mon 12 Apr 2021 10:48:02 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich19861112

Suggestion. Apps are shut down when exiting them rather than running in the background. This would solve the now tv issue.

| Mon 12 Apr 2021 10:59:44 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

rich19861112 - 23 hours ago  » 
    Suggestion. Apps are shut down when exiting them rather than running in the background. This would solve the now tv issue.

Not sure if this is supported or a good idea, but could you enable Andriod 'developer options' and then set the background process limit?

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:58:59 #95 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

I'd like to see more options when you have finished watching a recording. At the moment, to delete the recording you've just watched, you have to press the recordings button, or home > recordings then red to delete... Seems a bit convoluted.

Why not have an option on the menu bar at the bottom (it already has play / forward / back / restart / Live) and have a Delete option or perhaps Lock if you want to keep it?

I'd also like to see more options in the Aura app that lets you manage recordings; I realise its early days for the app:

- An option to delete recordings.
    - For a programs that are on now, you cannot record it, you have to watch live... I don't want to do that, I'd want to record it and watch it later, even if its half way through.
    - It would be nice to see your Favourites list in the Aura guide, not all 150+ channels which you have to scroll through to get the to BBC HD channels on 101 etc.
    - I cannot remove a program once I've set it to be recorded via the App (in Scheduldes).
    - There is no way to cancel something that is "Converting" - It just says 1 converting....

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 11:07:59 #96 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jlmj2009 - 28 mins ago  » 
    I'd like to see more options when you have finished watching a recording. At the moment, to delete the recording you've just watched, you have to press the recordings button, or home > recordings then red to delete... Seems a bit convoluted.
    Why not have an option on the menu bar at the bottom (it already has play / forward / back / restart / Live) and have a Delete option or perhaps Lock if you want to keep it?
    I'd also like to see more options in the Aura app that lets you manage recordings; I realise its early days for the app:
    - An option to delete recordings.
    - For a programs that are on now, you cannot record it, you have to watch live... I don't want to do that, I'd want to record it and watch it later, even if its half way through.
    - It would be nice to see your Favourites list in the Aura guide, not all 150+ channels which you have to scroll through to get the to BBC HD channels on 101 etc.
    - I cannot remove a program once I've set it to be recorded via the App (in Scheduldes).
    - There is no way to cancel something that is "Converting" - It just says 1 converting....

Unless the box was tuned to the channel you want to record when it started it is impossible to record the full content where can the already transmitted content be copied to a file unless the box has buffered it as it was transmitted. To do this the box would have to buffer every live channel. If it was you can record the complete programme from the time shift buffer. This will only work if you have not changed to a different live channel in the period the programme started.

One of the options in the public betas currently under test is a user favourites option that you can name and order in any order you want.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 11:41:12 #97 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

If you are watching a recording that is still recording (if that makes sense), when you press right on the remote and you get the fast forward and rewind buttons, the live button when pressed takes you to the last channel your were watching live. Could it be set to switch to the channel that the recording is set to. There's been times while watching a recording I have caught up by skipping adverts and it changes to the last channel watched not the recording channel.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 11:58:48 #98 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ant71 - 31 mins ago  » 
    If you are watching a recording that is still recording (if that makes sense), when you press right on the remote and you get the fast forward and rewind buttons, the live button when pressed takes you to the last channel your were watching live. Could it be set to switch to the channel that the recording is set to. There's been times while watching a recording I have caught up by skipping adverts and it changes to the last channel watched not the recording channel.
    Hopefully that all makes sense.

Watching a recording as it records is known as chasing playback. If you wait till say 15 mins after a 30 mins ITV-HD recording has started. You will have enough buffer to skip the ad break.

If you use the programmeable skip keys to skip the ads not the fast forward key it will stop skipping if you haven't enough content to skip. That way you will not jump back to live TV.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 12:32:51 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

I tend to do that but I was watching midsummer murders and caught up on the recording so pressed live button and thought it would switch to itv automatically. Not the end of the world just thought I'd throw it out there as a possible suggestion.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 12:46:57 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.