My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ant71 - 2 mins ago  » 
    I tend to do that but I was watching midsummer murders and caught up on the recording so pressed live button and thought it would switch to itv automatically. Not the end of the world just thought I'd throw it out there as a possible suggestion.

You can switch to any live channel instantly by tapping in the lcn (103) in this case.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 12:52:19 #101 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jlmj2009 - 7 hours ago  » 
    I'd like to see more options when you have finished watching a recording. At the moment, to delete the recording you've just watched, you have to press the recordings button, or home > recordings then red to delete... Seems a bit convoluted.
    Why not have an option on the menu bar at the bottom (it already has play / forward / back / restart / Live) and have a Delete option or perhaps Lock if you want to keep it?

I'd also like to see more options in the Aura app that lets you manage recordings; I realise its early days for the app:
    - An option to delete recordings.
    - For a programs that are on now, you cannot record it, you have to watch live... I don't want to do that, I'd want to record it and watch it later, even if its half way through.
    - It would be nice to see your Favourites list in the Aura guide, not all 150+ channels which you have to scroll through to get the to BBC HD channels on 101 etc.
    - I cannot remove a program once I've set it to be recorded via the App (in Scheduldes).
    - There is no way to cancel something that is "Converting" - It just says 1 converting....

If you press the square stop button as the programme you are watching is just about to finish, the screen that comes up has a delete button.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 18:24:23 #102 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

jlmj2009 - 7 hours ago  » 
    I'd like to see more options when you have finished watching a recording. At the moment, to delete the recording you've just watched, you have to press the recordings button, or home > recordings then red to delete... Seems a bit convoluted.
    Why not have an option on the menu bar at the bottom (it already has play / forward / back / restart / Live) and have a Delete option or perhaps Lock if you want to keep it?
    I'd also like to see more options in the Aura app that lets you manage recordings; I realise its early days for the app:
    - An option to delete recordings.
    - For a programs that are on now, you cannot record it, you have to watch live... I don't want to do that, I'd want to record it and watch it later, even if its half way through.
    - It would be nice to see your Favourites list in the Aura guide, not all 150+ channels which you have to scroll through to get the to BBC HD channels on 101 etc.
    - I cannot remove a program once I've set it to be recorded via the App (in Scheduldes).
    - There is no way to cancel something that is "Converting" - It just says 1 converting....

If you press the square stop button as the programme you are watching is just about to finish, the screen that comes up has a delete button.

Thanks to you all for the comments. The last post from you Graham seems to be working. I'm sure I tried this before and when I pressed Stop, it tried to stop the recording that was active, but it's working now, so I'll take that. I still don't think it's a bad idea to add a delete option to the menu bar (with Play fast forward etc).

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 21:19:07 #103 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A poster in another Forum who I Think has an arrangement like mine that allows the box output to be viewed on another TV like my Kitchen TV. HE wants to be able to change the Live channel with a remote control app on a mobile device. This would be handy for me as well. Something similar to the Foxsat-HDR custom firmware remote control add on would be ideal.

Attachments

1. Foxsat-HDR_CF_Remote_Control_add_on.jpg (138.7 KB, 5 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 18 Apr 2021 11:11:44 #104 |
  5. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

One other item that might be nice is ComSkip for recordings, to get rid of adverts. Although I'm not sure if that would be allowable.

Also not sure if this is just for software/firmware improvements, but a couple of suggestions from the hardware side:

* A clock or more detailed display on the front panel than just the coloured LED bar. One major thing I do miss on the Aura compared to its predecessor is the clock on the front panel, just for general time reference.

* Built-in 4G and 5G filtering - optionally with software switchability via the dashboard?

* Stronger tuners with more interference resistance (maybe linked to the above).

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 8:04:26 #105 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DarrenHill - 1 hour ago  » 
    One other item that might be nice is ComSkip for recordings, to get rid of adverts. Although I'm not sure if that would be allowable.
    Also not sure if this is just for software/firmware improvements, but a couple of suggestions from the hardware side:
    * A clock or more detailed display on the front panel than just the coloured LED bar. One major thing I do miss on the Aura compared to its predecessor is the clock on the front panel, just for general time reference.
    * Built-in 4G and 5G filtering - optionally with software switchability via the dashboard?
    * Stronger tuners with more interference resistance (maybe linked to the above).

The box has user set forward and reverse skip settings to skip adverts.

Mine is set Instant replay time 15 sec Skip forward 60 sec. The arrows either side of OK are the skip keys. Each press of right skips 1 min. You press till you see the sponsor screen. If you overshoot go back in 15 second increments.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 9:27:11 #106 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I love the way I can watch recordings on my 400T box upstairs however it is really annoying that after I have watched them I cannot delete them from the other unit that would be really helpful as it is a pain trying to remember when I am downstairs the next day on the Aura trying to remember what I watched to delete the right recordings.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 10:58:28 #107 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 
    I love the way I can watch recordings on my 400T box upstairs however it is really annoying that after I have watched them I cannot delete them from the other unit that would be really helpful as it is a pain trying to remember when I am downstairs the next day on the Aura trying to remember what I watched to delete the right recordings.

Watched recordings are underlined in red. Part watched is a partial red line.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 12:37:38 #108 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 

True but it would still be so much easier to be able to delete then when you have watched them from the other machine, and in my experience when they have been watched from another machine the red line does not appear.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 12:54:44 #109 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

phlppip - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 16 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 

True but it would still be so much easier to be able to delete then when you have watched them from the other machine, and in my experience when they have been watched from another machine the red line does not appear.

Yes, the red progress line does not appear for recordings watched over DLNA. For HD recordings, a 'mobile with a tick' icon appears as the recording has been transcoded, but for SD recordings there is no indication (maybe there would be if transcoding SD recordings was selected).

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 15:32:18 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.