My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 

The box has user set forward and reverse skip settings to skip adverts.
    Mine is set Instant replay time 15 sec Skip forward 60 sec. The arrows either side of OK are the skip keys. Each press of right skips 1 min. You press till you see the sponsor screen. If you overshoot go back in 15 second increments.

True, but it also means having to dig out the remote and do it. ComSkip would just hide them

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 21:38:44 #111 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gold_01224

Suggestion 1)
    Settings screen
    When moving up and down through the menu a white box round the highlighted setting to show which item is highlighted against the black background would make life easier.

Suggestion 2)
    Option of a Split screen split screen left / right and top / bottom
    E.G. Useful for snooker
    Left / Right
    Left half Table 1 on Channel 102
    Right half Table 2 on Channel 601
    Top / Bottom
    Top half: Football on Channel 101
    Bottom Half: F1 racing on 104

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 15:42:01 #112 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Hi,

I would like to suggest a synopsis/info of the programme on the guide when navigating through the channel list. Use to have it on my vu+ box and it was great.

See picture for the region where it should be located.

Edit: cannot seem to upload picture.

Thanks

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 22:10:18 #113 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Picture attached.

Attachments

1. IMG_20210420_221625.jpg (276.8 KB, 8 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 20 Apr 2021 22:17:39 #114 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

A5ian300zx - 37 mins ago  » 
    Hi,
    I would like to suggest a synopsis/info of the programme on the guide when navigating through the channel list. Use to have it on my vu+ box and it was great.
    See picture for the region where it should be located.
    Edit: cannot seem to upload picture.
    Thanks

I second this idea, it would be very helpful.

Attachments

1. IMG_20210420_221625.jpg (276.8 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 20 Apr 2021 22:50:21 #115 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Mars - 1 day ago  » 

phlppip - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 16 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 
    I love the way I can watch recordings on my 400T box upstairs however it is really annoying that after I have watched them I cannot delete them from the other unit that would be really helpful as it is a pain trying to remember when I am downstairs the next day on the Aura trying to remember what I watched to delete the right recordings.

Watched recordings are underlined in red. Part watched is a partial red line.

True but it would still be so much easier to be able to delete then when you have watched them from the other machine, and in my experience when they have been watched from another machine the red line does not appear.

Yes, the red progress line does not appear for recordings watched over DLNA. For HD recordings, a 'mobile with a tick' icon appears as the recording has been transcoded, but for SD recordings there is no indication (maybe there would be if transcoding SD recordings was selected).

Exactly and that is why this is needed as an update for users its so frustrating and I'm sure its not just ma finding this an issue?

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 8:07:31 #116 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

A5ian300zx - 1 day ago  » 
    Picture attached.

Here is an example of one.

Time of the programme (duration)
    How many minutes in is the programme
    Info
    Subtitles / sd or hd etc..

Thanks

Attachments

1. Screenshot_2021-04-07-20-53-57-42_e4a7.jpg (799.5 KB, 4 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 22 Apr 2021 5:57:34 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

The one big thing I'd change is getting rid of the "F" page altogether. It adds nothing to the user experience (IMHO!) as I can find everything I need either from the Android TV home page, the recordings list using the remote button, or the EPG.

And it is so similar-but-different looking to the rest of the interface that it jars with me every time I see it.

Is it just me, or do others find that presentation useful?

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 14:40:17 #118 |
  9. brian

brian

special member

larkim - 40 mins ago  » 
    The one big thing I'd change is getting rid of the "F" page altogether. It adds nothing to the user experience (IMHO!) as I can find everything I need either from the Android TV home page, the recordings list using the remote button, or the EPG.
    And it is so similar-but-different looking to the rest of the interface that it jars with me every time I see it.

I like the "F" page, and would choose to get rid of the android home page that I rarely use.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 15:24:32 #119 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

brian - 25 mins ago  » 

larkim - 40 mins ago  » 

I like the "F" page, and would choose to get rid of the android home page that I rarely use.

LOL, just goes to show, different strokes / different folks.

I suppose as I'm an Android fanboy, I like the core system stuff better than the FreeviewPlay "app" that is loaded onto it.

| Thu 22 Apr 2021 15:50:30 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.