My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 
    The DLNA media server has write access.

As a matter of interest, why does the DLNA media server need write access to the USB port?

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 13:35:51 #151 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

As a matter of interest, why does the DLNA media server need write access to the USB port?

It doesn't. OP wanted to upload/download files from USB. If the file is available on a usb stick or PC it can be uploaded without using the box usb ports.

Files can be downloaded to a PC using the webif.

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 14:40:03 #152 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

grahamlthompson - 57 mins ago  » 

It doesn't. OP wanted to upload/download files from USB. If the file is available on a usb stick or PC it can be uploaded without using the box usb ports.

The OP didn't want to download files to the PC using the webif service (can the config files be downloaded that way? I've not tried)

He wanted to download to USB. And it can't. References to the DLNA server's write access missed the point, surely?

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 15:38:55 #153 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 57 mins ago  » 

What does config files mean ?

The OP didn't want to download files to the PC using the webif service (can the config files be downloaded that way? I've not tried)
    He wanted to download to USB. And it can't. References to the DLNA server's write access missed the point, surely?

Downloading content like HD recordings has to transcoded to at best 940 x 540. The Freeview Play spec does not allow full-HD exporting. So if it was allowed it would have same limitations as the exporting using the Webif. So not sure what the point is.

SD content can be copied directly to a PC. Either using the Webif or filezilla

Your own Media files on a usb stick can already be played back from USB using VLC on the unit.

So why duplicate what already works ? It's just as easy to connect a usb stick to a PC as to a Aura usb port. Not even sure if exporting to the USB ports is allowable.

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 17:26:56 #154 |
  5. barrados

barrados

Geez, looks like a right can of worms opened.

All I was suggesting was that the usb ports were granted both read and right access.

At the end of the day its an android os, and you can do alot more with the aura than just use it as a media / pvr.

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 19:32:12 #155 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

barrados - 36 mins ago  » 
    All I was suggesting was that the usb ports were granted both read and right access.
    At the end of the day its an android os, and you can do a lot more with the aura than just use it as a media / pvr.

Indeed but the Freeview Play spec precludes most of them. Not clear what you want to do with read/write access. A lot more does not answer the question. If you do perhaps Humax may be able to consider the options.

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 20:14:43 #156 |
  7. barrados

barrados

grahamlthompson - 13 mins ago  » 

barrados - 36 mins ago  » 
    At the end of the day its an android os, and you can do a lot more with the aura than just use it as a media / pvr.

Indeed but the Freeview Play spec precludes most of them. Not clear what you want to do with read/write access. A lot more does not answer the question. If you do perhaps Humax may be able to consider the options.

You can read from the usb port either from a hard drive or USB thumb stick etc, but you can not write to it.
    I personally have apps installed with config files that are stored on the internal drive (not the 2tb) my kodi backup file is 1.5gb all of which takes up a big chunk of the internal. Yes there are other ways to back them all up, but would be so much easier if I had write access to the usb port, and send the files away copying and get on with something else.
    Nothing more nothing less, just a simple suggestion,
    Enable wite access to the usb port

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 20:35:46 #157 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dnbhead89

I'm also interested in the usb storage side of things. The only downfall of the Aura is the 8gb android space. Anyway of formatting the usb stick to act as extended storage space?

Also, if using an app like tivimate and setting the record location to the internal harddrive, it just stops recording after a minute. Could be an app problem, but it feels like the 1tb internal hardrive could be put to better use (for myself, personally)

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 5:21:46 #158 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Add an undelete option.

In recordings where there are a group of episodes of a program, make the oldest episode the default rather than latest.

Allow full customisation of the Home screen so services not subscribed to don't show recommendations unless wanted.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 13:09:06 #159 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 1 min ago  » 
    Add an undelete option.
    In recordings where there are a group of episodes of a program, make the oldest episode the default rather than latest.
    Allow full customisation of the Home screen so services not subscribed to don't show recommendations unless wanted.

Undelete is tricky to do on Linux. And I imagine it would make the auto delete oldest when HDD is nearly full awkward.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 13:12:19 #160 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.