My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura TV Paired but AV button not working

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bjbaker

I successfully paired the Aura remote with my (Sony) TV and the power button does turn the TV on and off. However, the AV button that should toggle through the TV input sources (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4, AV1, ..) is not working. I have my Humax connected to HDMI3. When I press the AV button the source changes to AV1. If I press it again, nothing happens. I then have to dig out the TV remote to change source.
    A solution to this problem would be gratefully received!

| Thu 4 Nov 2021 13:28:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Has previously been discussed, so it would appear that it's not fixed yet?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-question#post-91781

| Thu 4 Nov 2021 14:01:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

Quite right SSThing it's not yet fixed. Sony is one of the brands where the Aura AV button doesn't work. There has not been an update since I last brought this up with Humax, so fingers crossed. I assume it would be a remote control update. I don't recall there ever being such an update since I bought the Aura in Feb.
    bjbaker, if CEC is switched on on both devices (Bravia on the Sony), the HDMI input will automatically switch to Aura after around 20 seconds. Quite a tedious wait! The simplest way is to make sure the input is set to Aura when the TV is turned off. If it's not on 'Aura' it means you've been using a different device and will have the appropriate remote to hand. The AV buttons on my other remotes all work.

| Thu 4 Nov 2021 23:52:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bjbaker

Wheelmon, thanks for that. It's working fine in that when I power on the Aura, the TV switches to the correct HDMI1 source. I have a Firestick on HDMI2. So, as you already know, using the AV switch on the Aura remote will not switch to HDMI2. So, because I can't switch source with the Firestick remote, I now need to grab the TV remote (which previously I've never needed) to switch source.
    Prior to the Aura, I had another Humax box and the remote acted as a universal remote for the TV, etc. and the AV Source Input functioned perfectly.
    So a bit frustrating that I now have to have yet another remote on standby. Defeats the object of having a 'universal remote'.
    Let's hope Humax fix the problem soon!

| Fri 5 Nov 2021 12:41:53 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.