My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Fragmented picture/lack of signal

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Philh - 47 mins ago  » 
    One thing I did notice was as the new unit was updating itself was first in the list of fixes was to repair “Pixelating image issues”!!

What is the software version please?

| Tue 29 Mar 2022 21:41:54 #31 |
  2. Manclad

Manclad

It's about time Humax issued an update to address quite a few problems they've been made aware of months ago. But it seems to me they don't want to know... they've gone very quiet and non-responsive

| Wed 30 Mar 2022 15:09:44 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Manclad - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's about time Humax issued an update to address quite a few problems they've been made aware of months ago. But it seems to me they don't want to know... they've gone very quiet and non-responsive

You are quite right they no longer care about customers clearly I have bought her max boxes since the first came out and currently have 2 auras but certainly won't be buying any more unless issues are sorted in the next couple of months but realistically I cannot see that happening.

| Wed 30 Mar 2022 16:21:57 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

Humax Aura 4K FVP-4KGTR version 9 build PTT1-190528-001, kernel version 4.9.189-1-12pre,
    #MonMay32. Doesn’t seem to show the date of the update anymore. If you can face losing all your stuff then a factory reset and then get whatever update. It throws at you may be worth a try if you can’t get your Aura replaced under warranty. It’s all a bit disappointing in these days of mass production to have so many “rogue” units around!

| Mon 4 Apr 2022 14:12:40 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

Anyone here experiencing the odd reboot whilst using your Aura. There is another post on this forum where quite a few people are finding this. I have had it happen a few times over the last month or so.

| Mon 23 May 2022 15:54:51 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Pixalalation is back on my repacment set on Mendip 33 which luckily minor channels sky news ext.Tried major reset but no luck. May have to live with it . Only thing I havent tried is a periodic log aeriel.
    Also a bug that when watching YouTube whilst recording freeview I press right and set reboots which leaves a break in recording.Now learning to leave Youtubr alone whilst recording.

| Sun 20 Nov 2022 15:52:05 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan11

Harters - 10 mnths ago  » 

mgtr - 8 mins ago  » 
    I've chatted with Humax. The reason for poor signal that Aura can't cope with is that it has more tuners(3) to share the incoming signal with. Fox T2 only 2 tuners to share signal and so is better off. Does this sound reasonable ?

The AURA has the same number of tuners as the FVP4000/5000 which came after the HDR Fox T2, but there does seem to be an issue with some AURA units.
    Luckily mine has been great and I have not experienced any kind of picture/signal issue. Some people have returned theirs and the replacement has been fine.

Surely they can alter the software, to divert the power to one tuner when the others aren’t in use? So its only a problem when all 4 in use at once?

| Sun 20 Nov 2022 19:36:59 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tigerfan11 - 3 mins ago  » 
    Surely they can alter the software, to divert the power to one tuner when the others aren’t in use? So its only a problem when all 4 in use at once?

Firstly the Aura has only three tuners and secondly only the tuners that are in use are powered up.

| Sun 20 Nov 2022 19:42:32 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deriside

I love the idea of the Aura but I have now had 3 boxes on which I could not get any HD channel and few others apart from BBC and ITV. I have tried manually tuning it as well as the auto search and get nowhere. I have tried new leads and an attenuator but nothing seems to work. I get all the channels on both my TVs. I am at a loss, any ideas?

| Fri 25 Nov 2022 17:40:51 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Deriside - 24 mins ago  » 
    I love the idea of the Aura but I have now had 3 boxes on which I could not get any HD channel and few others apart from BBC and ITV. I have tried manually tuning it as well as the auto search and get nowhere. I have tried new leads and an attenuator but nothing seems to work. I get all the channels on both my TVs. I am at a loss, any ideas?

How old is your Ariel and the cable lead? Check them out

| Fri 25 Nov 2022 18:06:36 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.