My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Fragmented picture/lack of signal

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Philh
    You must exchange it as I did dont put up with it. The process is quite straight forward.

Good Luck

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 21:51:16 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgtr

Philh - I also had your trouble. An exchange of the box gave me an Aura that worked. I did not have to change anything else. Insist on it

| Sun 27 Feb 2022 8:34:49 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

I have been in contact with the retailer and am sorting out a replacement. I hope it is a brand new one they are sending and not another one they exchanged and factory reset! If they do I may have to name and shame! Or praise if the new one works as it should.

| Mon 28 Feb 2022 17:50:14 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cqcq

Having just found this thread have the followimh comments.
    The Humax support folk have been friendly enough and are trying to be helpful - but are sometimes too locked into their flowchart scripts.
    I'm in a weak signal area but purchased an Aura 4k - hoping for good results, but expecting problems. Whatever - fingers crossed!!! It worked perfectly.
    This Aura worked fine on a raw aerial feed OR on a Wolsey masthead amplifier. 18 months later it still works perfectly.
    Decided on a second Aura for another room - but on an even shorter aerial feed. Signal quality issues from day-1. Pixelating and audio chirping. Pretending I new what I was doing I decided to potter with this and that, as I have a loft full of bits 'n pieces - being a radio Ham.
    Had a High Gain Aerial - OK on old Aura, still useless on the new Aura.
    Had some 'pucka' Co-Ax WF-100 125. OK on Old Aura, new Aura - same problems.

My new Aura was in a little-used room so I just pottered, with little urgency.
    Time to tidy the loft! - I do it every 50 years.
    Tried my old Aura on an old loft arial, in my poor signal area - WORKED OK
    Tried my new Aura on my new external aerial, with masthead amp and Webro WF-125 cable - STILL GIVING SAME PROBLEMS.

The Aura has Tuner sensitivity issues, as a design weakness, and Humax needs to address this. FULL STOP.
    Quality control should be better than "lucky dip". I was lucky with my first, and unlucky with my second.

Think I deserve a replacement, before ordering Humax's recommended selection of attenuators.

Time for a cup of tea!

The Aura has tuner sensitivity issues - FULL STOP.

I think I'll demand a new one

| Tue 15 Mar 2022 23:05:02 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

Yes a replacement box is the way to go. Like you I played around liking I could solve it with things I had to hand. I wish I had known the exchange process was so painless it would have saved all that messing around. Good luck.

| Wed 16 Mar 2022 8:55:07 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

One thing I am sure of that this is a hardware issue not a software one. Humax have not issued a software update since July 2021 so obviously it is not an easy fix. Similarly they are unable to fix it easily by recalling affected units and sending out working replacements .

| Fri 18 Mar 2022 8:18:33 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Philh - 20 mins ago  » 
    One thing I am sure of that this is a hardware issue not a software one. Humax have not issued a software update since July 2021 so obviously it is not an easy fix. Similarly they are unable to fix it easily by recalling affected units and sending out working replacements .

I think it has more to do with that they no longer care about their customers and the quality of the product.

| Fri 18 Mar 2022 8:40:20 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cqcq

Replacement unit arriving next week.
    Happy with this solution.
    Suspect that the manufacturing process is missing a check on the actual performance profile of the tuners.
    Hoping all will be well.

| Sat 19 Mar 2022 1:14:05 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

Retailer (Richer Sounds) sent me a new unit and collected the other one. Set it up using just default settings and it works as it should. Not good on Humax’s part in these days of mass production. But Richer Sounds were really helpful and understanding.

| Tue 29 Mar 2022 20:51:22 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

One thing I did notice was as the new unit was updating itself was first in the list of fixes was to repair “Pixelating image issues”!!

| Tue 29 Mar 2022 20:54:09 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.