My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Frequent unwanted reboots

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steviant

Apple iOS

Unpair it online on the Freesat website.

Has fixed the problem

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 15:22:08 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Torchy

I have never used the mobile app, but my unit started rebooting last night. I have just looked at the Freesat website and have the latest S/W 2.02.46.It has been stable for the last hour whilst watching the rugby, and I have just set up 3 recordings from the guide, one of which was a series. I just wonder if someone somewhere has changed something and fixed whatever was the problem?

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 17:08:32 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrDasherD

Steviant - 2 hours ago  » 
    Apple iOS
    Unpair it online on the Freesat website.
    Has fixed the problem

Mine is Android version 1.1.3. Also unpaired on the website and no problems since,

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 17:33:45 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

vanbluedog

I have had the same problem since Thursday evening- repeated reboots every few minutes. The only way to switch off being pulling the mains feed. I spoke to Humax late on Friday afternoon and was informed that there have been 300 complaints and the problem is being caused by the satellite signal. Sure enough, if I disconnect the satellite feed the reboots stop and I can playback previous stored recordings but obviously can't use the unit to record.
    I do not have the app and do not have the unit connected to the Internet.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 19:47:52 #24 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

vanbluedog - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I have had the same problem since Thursday evening- repeated reboots every few minutes. The only way to switch off being pulling the mains feed. I spoke to Humax late on Friday afternoon and was informed that there have been 300 complaints and the problem is being caused by the satellite signal. Sure enough, if I disconnect the satellite feed the reboots stop and I can playback previous stored recordings but obviously can't use the unit to record.
    I do not have the app and do not have the unit connected to the Internet.

Interesting - a sat data feed problem. Hummm.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 20:05:03 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

adrianbennettec

Had unwanted reboots after 1-2 minutes. Did manage to reset to factory setting on one occasion but made no difference. Could get back to watch my recordings once I had disconnected the satellite cables - strange.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 22:10:05 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hum1394

Hi all, first time poster here. I've been having a similar reboot problem to everyone else.

On Wednesday my Humax HDR-1000S started constantly rebooting. It would get to the home screen then crash and reboot. I did a factory reset and it worked perfectly for half a day before rebooting again. I then downgraded the firmware but didn't help. I then re-installed the latest firmware, but the problem I have now is that when it gets to the 'welcome' installation screen, the 'OK' button on the remote control isn't working. Weirdly the volume and mute keys work as the OSD displays. I have tried using the remote from our downstairs HB-1000S box, but it's the same problem. The 'OK' button just isn't registering.

I have emailed Humax but it's bizarre that so many people have had reboot problems in such a small time frame.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 22:48:12 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

terrace

Have a Humax HDR-1000s Freesat+ HD Freetime 1TB version box.It keeps turning itself off and on.Have unplugged for 10 mins - no good.Even reformatted - no good.If i get as far as planning a recording when I press ok to finalise recording it turns itself off.

Admin edit: Moved to thread already opened on subject.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 23:33:05 #1 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to all our new members

Some strange goings on...

My 1010S and 1100S have not rebooted at all over last 2 days of use?

It would appear some have had success by un-pairing unit from freesat app (mine have not been paired) and some by removing the lnb input cables to enable viewing of previously recorded programmes.

| Sun 25 Oct 2015 0:16:35 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frustrated user

Log in to your freesat id account on the freesat website and unpair your phone. I have also deleted my freesat id. All now works fine (after a few hours of infuriating frustration!).

Humax/freesat....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! How can it be a professional approach to let the public sort out the problems created by a company/companies with such vast resources?!

Distinctly unimpressed.

P.S. MANY thanks to the previous posts that helped me to resolve the issue!

| Sun 25 Oct 2015 0:24:47 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.