My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

FTP / DNLA Server not working

(53 posts)
  1. jpv1960

jpv1960

Do check that the router or any of your Windows Firewall, AntiVirus software is not bocking port 2323. It appears that your access to the port is being blocked, (as pointed out by Martin and Mars).

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 9:22:01 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manwe

Yes indeed. Time for me to eat some Humble Pie.

Following your advice Martin, Mars and jpv, I checked what I could on my router and then realised I had a PieHole plugged into one of the ports, courtesy of my son, to try to reduce the volume of unsolicited adverts that appear as you use the internet.

The steps I have taken is as follows:-
    1. Unplugged the PieHole.
    2. Reinstated the operation of the Routers DHCP server.
    3. Changed the the Aura IP address setting from DHCP to Static.

FileZilla is now connecting first time every time and staying connected, or re-connecting seamlessly.

I certainly seem to have been the cause of my own problems.
    Thank you all for your efforts and advice.

I am going to continue to investigate the PieHole to try to determine if I can change anything that will enable it to work alongside the FTP Client of the Aura. The PieHole is certainly a great device for reducing unwanted screen clutter.

Thank you all again, I do feel rather stupid.

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 10:54:18 #42 |
  3. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

Well now since it seems to be working for everyone else I am starting to wonder if it's something with my set up.
    Aura password is the default 0000.
    I have done a factory reset and hard drive format.
    File sharing is turned on.
    My router is a bog-standard Sky one that came with with the Sky Q installation.
    My Aura is hard wired directly into the router.
    My main PC is connected to the router through a TP link powerline adapter.
    Aura does not show up as a DNLA sever on my wired PC, or any of my laptops connected via WiFi.
    Turning windows firewall on or off makes no difference.
    I can connect from every device on my network to the Auro via the IP on port 8080
    I can not connect from any device using any type of FTP connection via the port 2323
    Does anyone else using a standard Sky router have it working?

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 11:14:26 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Manwe - 40 mins ago  » 
    The PieHole is certainly a great device for reducing unwanted screen clutter.
    Thank you all again, I do feel rather stupid.

I don't think there is any need to feel stupid; it was a pretty obscure problem and it was your use of AngryIP that allowed us to spot there was a potential problem. Glad you got it sorted.

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 11:37:31 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MarkPainter - 27 mins ago  » 
    File sharing is turned on.
    My router is a bog-standard Sky one that came with with the Sky Q installation.
    Aura does not show up as a DNLA sever on my wired PC, or any of my laptops connected via WiFi.

I have absolutely no idea why FTP isn't working. As regards DLNA, can I check you have the DLNA server turned on (you only mentioned File sharing above)? We have seen DLNA problems with routers; have a look in settings for any options related to UPnP and see if changing them helps with DLNA.

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 11:46:17 #45 |
  6. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

As regards DLNA, can I check you have the DLNA server turned on (you only mentioned File sharing above)? We have seen DLNA problems with routers; have a look in settings for any options related to UPnP and see if changing them helps with DLNA.

Yes, I should have mentioned that! It is on.
    Other things I have done today is to uninstall my anti-virus, turn off the windows firewall and set up port forwarding in the Sky router to send port 2323 to the fixed IP Aura.
    Still no change. No DNLA or FTP.
    Do we know if it's possible to change the FTP port in Aura?
    My final test at the weekend will be to try a different router and plug just the Aura and my PC with a long cable into it.
    Other than that, I have now tried everything that is is in my power to do!
    I did wonder if it was my Powerline network connection causing the issue, until I realised that it wasn't working on WiFi either.

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 14:20:13 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MarkPainter - 13 mins ago  » 
    Other things I have done today is to uninstall my anti-virus, turn off the windows firewall and set up port forwarding in the Sky router to send port 2323 to the fixed IP Aura.
    Still no change. No DNLA or FTP.
    Do we know if it's possible to change the FTP port in Aura?

I don't know of a way of doing it.

My final test at the weekend will be to try a different router and plug just the Aura and my PC with a long cable into it.

I think that is a very sensible thing to try. There have been reports of Powerline adapters causing DLNA problems in the past, but I wouldn't expect reasonably modern Powerlines to cause a problem and I wouldn't expect it to be a cause of FTP problems. Certainly I cam access both FTP and DLNA via my Powerlines. I assume the router has no UPnP related settings?

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 14:39:19 #47 |
  8. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

I assume the router has no UPnP related settings?

Well..
    Interestingly it does - but it doesn't show the Aura - Which is 192.168.1.128

Attachments

1. Image2.png (59 KB, 1 downloads) 2 years old
    | Fri 22 Apr 2022 14:48:29 #48 |
  9. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

Additionally, I am wondering if the VOIP telephone line that Sky now supplies could be effecting it too.
    Roll on the weekend when I am actually at home, rather than Anydesking my PC from work!

| Fri 22 Apr 2022 14:52:13 #49 |
  10. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

So....... It IS the Sky router causing all the issues.
    I connected my PC and the Aura into a completely sperate router and everything worked first time. FTP with no issues, the DNLA server showing up on the network.
    And again, and again, and again after several reboots.
    And then plugged into into the Sky router it all dies again.
    So it turns out that a Sky router stops everything working on port 2323. I can only assume that it does something horrible to enable the VOIP analogue telephone line to function.
    So at least I know it's not the Aura itself. Now I have to figure out how to use an external router as the DCHP server and switch but using the Sky router purely as the internet access point.
    Thanks everyone for your input on this - I don't think I would have persevered with the fault finding without your support.

| Sat 23 Apr 2022 14:42:42 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.