My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp5000t instant record failing

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Yes, I will try to remember to do that.
    All I can say with any degree of certainty is that it only began after YT fix update. I have used instant record many many times over the years (I'm a carer so it is a very useful feature if the bell goes and I'm called away) and if the issue had been present before I would have noticed.

| Thu 6 May 2021 6:49:46 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 16 hours ago  » 
    All I can say with any degree of certainty is that it only began after YT fix update. I have used instant record many many times over the years (I'm a carer so it is a very useful feature if the bell goes and I'm called away) and if the issue had been present before I would have noticed.

I agree the reports did seem to start after the YT fix. I struggle to see how a change of browser version could influence this but there is always the possibility that Humax had a little tamper with something else. On the odd occasion I have used it, it works but that may just be because I don't use it very often. I just way think that the only faint hope it might get fixed is to be able to spot a pattern and be able to provide Humax with a way to reproduce the problem themselves.

| Thu 6 May 2021 23:12:44 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Just had another one from earlier today.
    Ch 114 (Quest HD), time bar suggests recording is 1.01 but ends at 00:30:42,so only half way through. Instant record notification, at the time of pressing the button, also indicated that recording would be until the end of the prog.

| Fri 7 May 2021 13:20:19 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This is still happening on a very regular basis.
    As I have previously said, either the recording indicates a total length of X minutes but is only Y minutes (actually finishes at the correct end of the programme and stops, nothing extra recorded) or the recording stops after 8/9/10 minutes or so and misses the rest of the episode.
    I only ever instant record from the HD channels and my recording habits have not changed for years. As a carer, if the bell goes I will press instant record and go do what I have to. I have been doing this successfully for years without problems which is why I am absolutely certain that this only started happening after the YouTube fix update. 100%.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 15:26:19 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Having seen this thread, I was very uncertain about selecting instant record at about 12:55 this afternoon on BBC News (SD version - don't have the HD version). Interestingly it behaved perfectly and recorded for nearly an hour until I stopped it manually.

Not saying there is nothing wrong, just reporting the observation.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 18:47:05 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Having seen this thread, I was very uncertain about selecting instant record at about 12:55 this afternoon on BBC News (SD version - don't have the HD version). Interestingly it behaved perfectly and recorded for nearly an hour until I stopped it manually.

That is the puzzle; it works perfectly for some people, sometimes works/sometimes doesn't for some and never works for a few. I have no idea what is going on.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 21:11:50 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

OK, this is what I do (and always have done previously without this issue manifesting itself).

(channel names are for examples only)
    Bell rings so I press instant record on BBC1 HD. Pop up confirms recording will finish at the end of the episode.
    I then change channel and immediately realise that I want to record BBC2 HD aswell, so I press instant record again. Same confirmation pop up.
    I then change channel again so that I am not overhearing the broadcast while I am doing whatever I need to do.
    In this scenario, at least one of the recordings will fail but usually both.

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 15:16:09 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

For anyone else having this issue, don't bother with the Humax tech advice to reformat the hdd completely, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever (other than, obviously, wiping all the recordings).
    This issue is software related, simple as that.

| Thu 5 Aug 2021 16:03:25 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

And tech are now adamantly suggesting that this is a signal problem!

| Thu 5 Aug 2021 17:47:40 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Can anyone with a bit of spare time test this and report the results,please?
    Ideally this needs to be done just after hour/half hour(so that all programmes have just started and have the majority of the episode left).
    From the choice of BBC1 HD/2 HD/News HD/C4 HD/C5 HD/BBC News HD/Quest HD/ or the QVC HD channels ..... Select BBC1 and instant record. Then change channels and set up instant records from three other channels. Then change to any other channel and wait to see what happens.
    I have done this several times today and each time the recordings stop after a few minutes. No failure notification whatsoever, they just all stopped (this last experiment was after 4 minutes).

Cheers.

| Fri 6 Aug 2021 11:59:47 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.