My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

Just a quick word to recap what I have found. I have had three of these units now unit:1 HDR1000 22 months old after failing to recognise HDD a couple of times and restored by power off reset it then lost HDD again but could not recover it. HDD was tested as good. This unit was paired with Freetime app.
    Unit:2 I replaced unit 1 with a new HDR1010 on installing it I paired it with same Freetime app it would not recognise HDD as soon as paired. Un-pairing did not correct problem even after power restart.
    Unit:3 unit 2 was returned for a refund and replaced with HDR1000 this unit has NOT been paired with Freetime app 3 months now and no problems. I personally am convinced this problem is a firmware problem associated with the Freetime app. It may be coincidence but my problems started when Freesat updated ITV Player to ITV Hub.

| Mon 18 Apr 2016 16:47:57 #211 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alio

my problems started when Freesat updated ITV Player to ITV Hub

This reminds me that ours started to play up after watching something via the ITV Hub or around that same time. I'm still awaiting an email reply.

| Mon 18 Apr 2016 19:12:47 #212 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieee

Mine, which was working fairly flawlessly has also lost it's HDD.

I can hear the drive spin up inside the unit.

My box is 18 days outside of Warranty, what action should I take? Many thanks for any advice.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 11:14:10 #213 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Some users (not many) have reported the problem resolved its self.
    Humax are investigating the problem but are said to be having trouble locating it.

A significant amount of users have the app paired but this may just be due to the high volume of boots it causes.

I would advise wait for now or if you need a recorder now go for a single tuner HB-1000S and get an external hard-disk and use it as a spare later. the HB-1000S has had NO disk problems reported at all.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 12:45:05 #214 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieee

Thanks REPASSAC, I have unpaired the App via the website, reset the box, removed the App from my phone and it's now sitting there with the plug disconnected.

These things do happen ... is it worth me emailing Humax? Tks.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 13:10:36 #215 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

stevieee - 2 hours ago  » 
    .... These things do happen ... is it worth me emailing Humax? Tks.

Why not - it is always interesting to see their take on the issue and perhaps an update on the situation.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 15:19:59 #216 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieee

Got a reply, at least they are being honest but surely it's simple as grabbing hold of one of the faulty boxes and running diagnostics on it?

"This a problem that we are aware and our development team are currently carrying out an investigation to find out if our software could be causing the problem, this can also be caused by a hardware fault so the investigation is taking longer than we would like.

At this time the only suggestion I can make is to remove the units connection to the Freesat remote record application(if applicable) and perform a factory reset on your unit."

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 19:51:55 #217 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jbsco78

surely if the app being connected is an issue, it is because the box has to spin up every 20 or so minuties for the remote record function to work.

| Wed 20 Apr 2016 22:37:14 #218 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Many of us have the app and use it as a remote control but have not paired it due to the 20 minute wake up.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 7:17:09 #219 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

jbsco78 - 10 hours ago  » 
    surely if the app being connected is an issue, it is because the box has to spin up every 20 or so minuties for the remote record function to work.

Freesat/Humax were warned of this possible outcome when the app was first launched...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freesat-app-on-android/page/2#post-28473

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 9:25:31 #220 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.