My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Note excuses,going on too long ,reason there's no fix/cos it'll cost them,wise up

| Fri 10 Jun 2016 14:45:09 #331 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

teecee90

Latest response from Humax:

This is issue is something that we have noticed a few of our customers have experienced, due to this there was an investigation but we have not yet found a route cause to this problem. As we have not been able to find the main cause of the issue we can not issue a fix as of yet and we still do not have any sort of timescale to this. It is not guaranteed that when you replace the hard drive on any unit that it will fix the hard drive issue so the fact that yours did not work would not be a clear indication that it is not a HDD problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Bethan
    Humax Customer Support

| Sun 19 Jun 2016 15:51:30 #332 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnway

What a time to read this!! I have just written to Humax asking why there has been nothing from them since I returned one of my 1000S 500GB boxes six months ago. Waiting for a fix for this hard drive problem was an option I was advised of but chose to ignore, thank goodness. How long will my other box stay alive for? Anybody's guess!!

| Mon 20 Jun 2016 15:00:03 #333 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

teecee90 - 1 day ago  » 
    Latest response from Humax:
    This is issue is something that we have noticed a few of our customers have experienced, due to this there was an investigation but we have not yet found a route cause to this problem. As we have not been able to find the main cause of the issue we can not issue a fix as of yet and we still do not have any sort of timescale to this. It is not guaranteed that when you replace the hard drive on any unit that it will fix the hard drive issue so the fact that yours did not work would not be a clear indication that it is not a HDD problem.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Best Regards,
    Bethan
    Humax Customer Support

| Mon 20 Jun 2016 19:06:26 #334 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simon 1402

Same problem here - infuriating!

Seems to be the same at:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/unable-to-record-lost-recordings-and-no-on-demand
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1010s-hdd-not-recognised
    and
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/another-hdr1000s-with-a-missing-disk

Has anybody had any luck with reverting to older firmware or using an external usb drive?

I tried an external drive last night with no luck. Initially it was seen and formated but no record, no pause and no successful use of iplayer and then it stopped being recognised at all.
    Aaaaaggghh!

| Tue 28 Jun 2016 7:51:12 #335 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

teecee90

Weirdly all my recording re-appeared today and the on-demand icons also re-appeared. But when I tried to play some of the recordings they would not play back but just said there was a file format or data error or something. I tried re-formatting the HD but got the same error. Did a factory reset and when the box restarted all the recording and on-demand icons were gone again...... grrrrrrr.

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 23:04:11 #336 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieee

Checked mine today ... recording are back and they PLAY!

Anyone else had any luck? Has there been a firmware released?

| Sun 10 Jul 2016 18:08:32 #337 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simon 1402

Hey, got mine back too!

No info from Humax on a firmware update or fix?

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 6:19:56 #338 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Lucky you,mines still up in the atmosphere somewhere,hopefully humax will fix this for all

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 6:34:46 #339 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieee

Corks finest - 5 hours ago  » 
    Lucky you,mines still up in the atmosphere somewhere,hopefully humax will fix this for all

I feel blessed ... got by the last month or so by plugging in a HDD into my SmartTV.

Things I did which may or may not have helped: Remove Freeview App from all phones / Unregistered SatBox's freeview account via the website / Factory reset / change powersaving to 'Normal' activated auto-powerdown + powered up the box a few hours before the time I'd set, allowing it to auto-shutdown gracefully.

This may or may not have helped ... I originally lost the disk early April!

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 12:36:05 #340 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.