My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unable to record, lost recordings and no on demand

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cohech

Recently noticed that all my recordings have disappeared. I have planned recordings but nothing gets recorded.
    Manually recording a programme doesn’t work either (both from record button and menu item)
    On Demand allows me to access iPlayer but when trying to watch any programme I only receive a spinning circle. I also have an Apple TV connected to the same TV and iPlayer works fine (connected to same ethernet hub).

I’ve removed the power supply from the Humax unit before reconnecting after several hours (overnight). None of the problems are resolved.
    I’ve reset the unit to factory settings. None of the problems are resolved.

I found the following posts that appear to have some of my problems but don’t offer any solutions either.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/lost-recordings-and-on-demand-problem
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/lost-recordings-1

I have an HDR 1000S that is running UKSFAA 3.00.31. The unit is bog standard and hasn't been modified in any way.

Any suggests gratefully received!

| Mon 9 May 2016 22:38:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cohech

I spoke to Humax about this problem. They said all were known issues with the latest software. They expect a subsequent software update to resolve the issues by the end of the month, without guaranteeing it.

That's good news but I am slightly skeptical, especially as the problems have only started happening in the last week and I must have been on the latest software for at least a couple of months. Fingers crossed...

| Tue 10 May 2016 15:46:55 #2 |
  3. martip

Martin

I have seen various post here with firmware attachments.
    Can anyone tell me how to implement these so that I can try "downgrading" to try and alleviate this infuriating HD issue!
    I know to load it on to a USB and insert that into the usb socket, but thats' as far as I know

| Wed 18 May 2016 17:48:26 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

cohech - 1 week ago  » 
    I spoke to Humax about this problem. They said all were known issues with the latest software. They expect a subsequent software update to resolve the issues by the end of the month, without guaranteeing it.
    That's good news but I am slightly skeptical, especially as the problems have only started happening in the last week and I must have been on the latest software for at least a couple of months. Fingers crossed...

My guess is that to activate this problem you have to a sequence of actions that the majority do not.
    I do suspect that one is trying to immediately access recordings while the unit is not fully booted (no evidence).
    Hopefully Humax now know what the issue is.

| Wed 18 May 2016 18:13:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ozricnat

I don't think that looking for recordings too soon is it I'm afraid. I have tried leaving it for hours before checking, I've even tried leaving it on the EPG (the one that comes up when you turn it on) for at least an hour before checking- neither makes a difference. It appears to be completely random as to whether the recordings are there or not.
    If the recordings are not there then the unit does not recognise that it has a HDD and you cannot perform any of the functions that require a HDD- on demand, pause, record, etc.
    I do agree that something is going wrong during the boot up process and this may or may not be affected by the way in which the unit shuts down ie whether you power it down using the remote or power button on the box or if you let it shut itself down after 2-3 hours of inactivity.

| Wed 18 May 2016 23:02:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marcipanas

Was this resolved? I have same problem. Is there anything I can do?

| Sat 4 Jun 2016 17:52:17 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Marcipanas - 1 hour ago  » 
    Was this resolved? I have same problem. Is there anything I can do?

Not resolved as yet. Support have indicated that the problem has been located and an update worked upon. May be a while before freesat test and release it.

My confidence level on support responses is about 60% however.

| Sat 4 Jun 2016 19:37:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 30 minutes ago  » ...My confidence level on support responses is about 60% however.

As high as that? You are the optimist.

| Sat 4 Jun 2016 20:08:02 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

and the dreamer according to Faust.

| Sat 4 Jun 2016 20:42:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    and the dreamer according to Faust.

With regard to the 1000s/1100s finally getting server capabilities I do think you qualify for a 'dreamer' award yes. About as much chance as me turning water into wine.

| Sat 4 Jun 2016 23:19:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.