My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000 Repeatedly Going Into Standby

(62 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

westcandace

My Box has been working perfectly for 4 days till 9pm tonight then went into standby.
    dave

| Tue 23 Jun 2015 21:24:32 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

The problem has just happened to me again. At exactly 18:00 whilst watching BBC1 HD on 108 just as the news was starting. Towards the end of last month I received an email from Humax support saying that they had "made some improvements" and to email them if it happened again, which I have just done. This thread seems to have gone quiet, so is anyone else still experiencing the issue?

| Fri 17 Jul 2015 18:12:47 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

human

It happened twice since the email and declaration by Humax that there indeed IS a problem.
    I have done the factory reset and it seems to happen very occasionally since then.
    If, as they say they're working on it, I'm happy to hold back on an exchange
    for a little while. It never happens when I watch a recording, so perhaps live TV should be always recorded and watched with a 10 min delay, say? I am awaiting any progress more patiently now, as before it was difficult to have them to admit this fault!

| Fri 17 Jul 2015 18:29:40 #53 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Having seen a few posts that the reboot happen on the hour and had one myself, could future posters also report the time (significant or not). It may be interesting or perhaps not.

| Fri 17 Jul 2015 19:29:42 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

human - 3 weeks ago  » 
    Good idea. However reading above the box will update again so it'll
    poss go back to its erratic Narcolepsy!

Let's add a little balance to your rants regarding power saving and problems with software updates.

I was with Sky for many years and believe me their software updates could be truly awful at times and the speed with which they responded to faults was glacial.

For years they couldn't even get the clocks going forward and backwards 1 hour right. For days after the EPG along with recordings would be messed up.

| Fri 17 Jul 2015 23:25:57 #55 |
  6. x6tus

x6tus

Mine has been rebooting fairly regularly (at least once a night). It did it last night too about 8:30pm. I'll try and log the time more precisely now I've seen this post.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 6:32:59 #56 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My 1000S box rebooted last night at 22:17 just as I was going to put it in sby. Interestingly it came back up almost immediately in about the time you would expect when booting from sby during recording.

Nothing recording at the time.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 10:37:14 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    My 1000S box rebooted last night at 22:17 just as I was going to put it in sby. Interestingly it came back up almost immediately in about the time you would expect when booting from sby during recording.

Is this the first time it's happened with yours Graham? It's only happened with mine the once, (that I am aware of) which was a few days ago now.

As I too commented at the time, it was a very quick reboot.

I say aware of because it isn't the only way we watch TV so it may be happening when we are watching via other devices if I have left it fired up.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 12:16:50 #58 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 36 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Is this the first time it's happened with yours Graham? It's only happened with mine the once, (that I am aware of) which was a few days ago now.
    As I too commented at the time, it was a very quick reboot.
    I say aware of because it isn't the only way we watch TV so it may be happening when we are watching via other devices if I have left it fired up.

3rd time. It's very random and not done it for a while. I reckon Freesat are playing at their end. Box was on standby for two weeks whike on holiday. During this time it made dozens of recordings without issue.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 12:56:14 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » Io reckon Freesat are playing at their end.

That was my guess when my HB1000S rebooted a few days ago.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 14:35:38 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.