My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax EPGs not displaying properly

(60 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

VitaminD - 1 hour ago  » 
    After following this discussion I decided to get out my old 5000T out of the cupboard (using an Aura) and plug it in to my TV. Within seconds of powering up the EPG for today was populated across all channels. After 5 minutes the EPG for the next 7 days was filled with Wed 6th Feb being populated across most channels till about midnight, but curiously both Channel 4 SD and HD are showing 'no programme information'.
    Transmitter is 32 miles away and I am using an indoor aerial. Signal strength 80 to 90% on most muxes
    Signal quality 100%.
    If this. were a problem with older modelHumax PVRs I guess we would be seeing far more posts on
    forums like this. than there are.

My 4000T also had Channel 4 SD blank for Feb 6th when I tried this morning.

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 11:53:26 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

Martin It was tuned to channel 101 BBC1HD - basically where the on/off timer left it.

Vitamin D So what conclusions should I draw from this?

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 12:17:50 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Not sure but occasionally going back to the 5000T and going back through the EPG I see some areas which were populated with info are now empty, and then with a page up and a page down that can be populated again but not always.
    Going back after about an hour they can be populated and others are now unpopulated.

The Aura some missing areas. further in the week like next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mostly the lack of programme info is on Ch4 SD and HD and E4 and E4+1 but not on other CH4 affiliated channels
    (perhaps. on different muxes).
    Sometimes Ch5 SD & HD would be missing but then come back later on seems a bit erratic.

And my Sony TV is missing info for Channel 4 SD and HD for next Tuesday.

So is it a combination of broadcaster supply of programme information to the agency that delivers
    programmes and info to the transmitter service and Humax software which as we all know is not exactly reliable.

Its a conundrum, and with that it is nearly time for Countdown.

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 14:57:39 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

niknak - 5 hours ago  » 
    My 4000T also had Channel 4 SD blank for Feb 6th when I tried this morning.

Channel 4 have form for doing things like that so I would assume that is a broadcast issue.

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 17:21:11 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Oy You - 5 hours ago  » 
    Martin It was tuned to channel 101 BBC1HD - basically where the on/off timer left it.

Does the same thing happen if it is tuned to BBC1 SD?

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 17:23:04 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

Martin, Yes it does happen when tuned to channel 1 BBC 1 SD. Looking on the free view website there appears to be some work going on at the Nottingham transmitter this week that according to the author “might cause slight pixelisation and occasional interference” Whether this adds up to messing up EPGs isn’t mentioned. It doesn’t seem to be causing us any interference or pixelisation. I think the inly thing to do is to wait for the work to finish and hope for the best!

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 17:45:17 #26 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Just for the record I use the Nottingham transmitter and a quick look through the EPG on my Panasonic PVR shows it to be full.

| Wed 31 Jan 2024 19:46:30 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

My Humaxes (incl. 5000T) and TV are showing full EPGs and that's from the Waltham transmitter (East Midlands).

| Fri 2 Feb 2024 7:23:39 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

EEPhil Thanks for that. Unfortunately my days of running up the roof tiles and swinging the aerial round to the Waltham transmitter are but a forgotten memory! I could probably fix up a new aerial in the loft pointing to Waltham, but it seems a little drastic especially when you consider that until a couple of months ago the chimney aerial pointing to the Nottingham Transmitter was working perfectly - and reception wise, it still is! It does add some credence to there being a problem either with the Nottingham transmitter or the EPG assembling/broadcasting system there.

| Fri 2 Feb 2024 12:46:24 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Oy You - 2 hours ago  » 
    It does add some credence to there being a problem either with the Nottingham transmitter or the EPG assembling/broadcasting system there.

Try reporting the problem to the BBC as a complaint (advice from the OFCOM site about transmitter problems).

| Fri 2 Feb 2024 15:42:02 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.