My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax EPGs not displaying properly

(60 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

Techman, there is no way of knowing unless a representative of the organisation comes on the forum and tells us and I can’t see that happening any time soon. There is even less chance of them doing anything about the problem. Who does software rewrites for obsolete products?

| Thu 22 Feb 2024 15:58:44 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Techman - 55 mins ago  » 
    As a new member using a 5000 I suffer from missing epg. I use the sandy heath transmitter. This has only started in the last couple of months. Tried updating channels and the software. Is Humax aware that there's a problem?

I suspect Humax UK support have been contacted by enough people to be aware of the problem but whether management want to spend money to fix the problem is a different matter. If you look at the posts immediately above yours you will see a work around has been found by users that involves deleting channels.

| Thu 22 Feb 2024 16:26:22 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Techman

Thanks Martin
    After posting I did read other posts and did try to cut down on the number of channels. After closing nearly 50 (not watched nor interested) found that it improved the guide. It seems to be silly to have all these channels then have to cancel so many, even if I'm not interested in them. Does need sorting out, Humax

| Thu 22 Feb 2024 20:42:30 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Curiously, though I have not deleted any channels from my 5000T, last retuned on Crystal Palace when the BBC HD changes happened, I only see occasional gaps in the EPG, much as I have seen ever since the unit was new.

| Thu 22 Feb 2024 22:35:18 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

royavatar

Hi,
    I have had channel 10, itv3 missing from my humax5000t guide, found all 2 digit channels missing tried, re scan channels , power down up, new software, .. found on Samsung tv channels showing. I.e itv3 ch 10, .????? All ok .
    Then found on my humax channel “3521 city “ then after that went to 1010 channels ??
    No 2 digit channels but ok on Samsung guide that only has 3 characters ???, humax has four character find.
    Found this. when I found in select favourite channel 10 itv3 ,an added it, all my channels appeared so I could record itv3 snooker ,
    Wierd, is your “sort” software does not like a number “3521 city “ and stops all 2 digit channels I.e. 10, from being displayed,

So adding the unfounded guide itv3 Chanel 10 to my “favourites “ channel got my guide to show correct channels
    Note never used this feature before.

Sent from roys air Ipad 2

| Fri 23 Feb 2024 23:04:51 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

royavatar

royavatar - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I have had channel 10, itv3 missing from my humax5000t guide, found all 2 digit channels missing tried, re scan channels , power down up, new software, .. found on Samsung tv channels showing. I.e itv3 ch 10, .????? All ok .
    Then found on my humax channel “3521 city “ then after that went to 1010 channels ??
    No 2 digit channels but ok on Samsung guide that only has 3 characters ???, humax has four character find.
    Found this. when I found in select favourite channel 10 itv3 ,an added it, all my channels appeared so I could record itv3 snooker ,
    Wierd, is your “sort” software does not like a number “3521 city “ and stops all 2 digit channels I.e. 10, from being displayed,
    So adding the unfounded guide itv3 Chanel 10 to my “favourites “ channel got my guide to show correct channels
    Note never used this feature before.

Note going to guide and select + to change group to tv or my favourite 1 , now shows itv3 ch 10, on a 1 search in the guide but shows a channel 43521 citv, then changes to 3521, with itv3 ch10, showings
    All so found I think itv3 has no HD so only shows under group tv ?, this might be stopping the epg from loading.
    All so tried to email humax but email fails.
    I wonder if the above channels 43521 etc is upsetting the humax epg guide

| Sat 24 Feb 2024 12:22:31 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

Royavatar
    Im no expert but if my 5000T displayed these symptoms I would photograph my recording schedule and do a complete (without formatting) reset of the machine with an auto retune. Id check if there were any services found in the 800 + range and if any were found Id reset it again and do a manual retune 1 mux at a time.
    Once its retuned properly you can set your auto power up for 06:45 BBC1HD and off at 07:00 - that should set your EPG up for the day. You then need to go in and delete all the TV and radio channels you don't need. Id also turn off power saving mode as its a pain in the rear and the default setting is on. You probably want to take a look at the other preferences you may have. That should sort it out. The other thing Ive found is that running with a nearly full hard drive will upset it, so if this is the case you might need to dump some recordings.

| Sat 24 Feb 2024 14:16:12 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

royavatar

hi
    ta for replay done all that epg appears to be that the epg html down to humax box has chaged and its software/ firmware cannot cope with it.got it some time work with power timer and set to tv and added a favorite group with a 2 digit channel like itv3 ch 10 note a non hd channel is itv3 , now got schedule to finds my snooker shed recording
    note epg on my samsung tv is fine.

| Sat 24 Feb 2024 14:53:30 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonib

I had a similar issue today with just 1 channel. I've created a new thread
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/missing-channel-50-in-epg
    as I think I found the cause of that problem but thought it might be useful to others as a means to find or eliminate a possible answer

| Sat 9 Mar 2024 20:19:09 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

I have just had the same problem with my FVP 5000 which is 2 years old, EPG not displaying all the channels, tried every thing with no luck, then logged in and thanks to iron, deleted the channels I know I will not watch, over 100, so now only 50, and yes the EPG has returned with no gaps, so thank you very much iron job done in 30 min’s,

| Sat 4 May 2024 11:03:31 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.