My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. Jthspace

Jthspace

CORRECTION : I had been using Zenmate to test an IPTV app and had left the VPN running. I googled the error code and found it was connected to the VPN being in use and BBC blocking. I turned off the VPN and iPlayer is now working as it should.

I also cancelled SKY this morning . . . no hard sell and as soon as I said I had a Freeview recorder, he just processed the cancellation.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:00:28 #164 |
  2. Jthspace

Jthspace

gap - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi all!
    Got my Humax Aura yesterday and set up - overall please and seems to be working well!
    One thing I am struggling with is the volume control to my TV - I have a Samsung TV with an attached soundbar via ARC, and enabled HDMI-CEC on the TV and the Humax, but when I mute or do V+/- on the Humax remote, it is just altering the volume of the Humax box. In the manual it says it can change volume via HDMI-CEC, so is anyone having any luck with that?
    Thanks!
    gap

Got playing with this some more. Although the Humax box is NOT controlling the volume on my Soundbar, I have discovered from playing with the TV that if I set the "HDMI ARC" "Digital Sound Out" to PCM instead of Auto, the volume from the Humax playing through the TV/Soundbar is no longer muffled and low volume.

Now I can switch between the TV and Humax with no sudden rise (or fall) of volume

Getting there . . .

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:20:30 #165 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

So my biggest gripes are ..

- Volume, as reported by someone else, too low through my Marantz. All other gadgets connected to the amp are fine
    - HDR output. It simply refuses to output HDR when I have no problems with other gear. No auto switching
    - Auto frame rate and resolution under Plex doesn’t work
    - Kodi only reports 1080p, no higher resolutions
    - Upscaling quality isn’t great. Wish they had implemented auto resolution switching (1080 for terrestrial content, 4K50/60 for 4K content).

So I’d recommend as a straight replacement for the older FVP-5000 box but it isn’t a suitable replacement for media players like firetv sticks, Nvidia shield, etc.

Fingers crossed that Humax software engineers read this forum!

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:52:42 #166 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SGTjayWTF

I have just set my Aura up.

Plex/Emby dont pass Atmos through.
    i have same issue with cec control with Marantz amp.
    Tivimate works fine and seems to record to the internal drive fine
    HDR works fine within emby
    I'm not keen on the remote - the d pad just feels off. None of the keys have definition.

Could be a tasty box with some updates however.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 15:35:16 #167 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Jthspace - 3 hours ago  » 

gap - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi all!
    Got my Humax Aura yesterday and set up - overall please and seems to be working well!
    One thing I am struggling with is the volume control to my TV - I have a Samsung TV with an attached soundbar via ARC, and enabled HDMI-CEC on the TV and the Humax, but when I mute or do V+/- on the Humax remote, it is just altering the volume of the Humax box. In the manual it says it can change volume via HDMI-CEC, so is anyone having any luck with that?
    Thanks!
    gap

Got playing with this some more. Although the Humax box is NOT controlling the volume on my Soundbar, I have discovered from playing with the TV that if I set the "HDMI ARC" "Digital Sound Out" to PCM instead of Auto, the volume from the Humax playing through the TV/Soundbar is no longer muffled and low volume.
    Now I can switch between the TV and Humax with no sudden rise (or fall) of volume
    Getting there . . .

Yeah, but using PCM you won’t get 5.1 audio from anything. Not an issue if you don’t need it, but if you do, a PITA.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 16:38:04 #168 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

I’m having issues with sound too. When first turning on the box, there’s no sound until I mess with the settings. There are quite a few bugs so hopefully they will sort them soon.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 17:24:06 #169 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

If anyone has the Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote, this is what I had from their customer support:

I can understand that you'd like to know about controlling the new Humax Aura using your Harmony Ultimate remote.

It looks like the remote the device comes with is not IR based remote and due to this you will not be able to teach the commands to Harmony.

I'd recommend you to try adding the following both device and create the Activities as mentioned to check whether you're able to control the device.

Amazon FireTV

Manufacturer: Amazon
    Model: FireTV

After adding this device, create a WatchFireTV Activity and pair the device with your Harmony Hub. (For example, go to Aura settings > Add Accessories > Harmony Keyboard)

Refer to this support article for more information: https://support.myharmony.com/en/harmony-experience-with-amazon-fire-os

Windows PC

Manufacturer: Microsoft
    Model: Windows PC

After adding this device, create a WatchPC Activity and pair the device with your Harmony Hub. Refer to this support article for more information: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-windows

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 17:25:25 #170 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterobb

Logitech Customer Services are only partially correct. The Aura remote is IR except for the Google Assist and voice control. I’m using my Harmony Touch to control the Aura with no problems using the FVP-4000T configuration. I’m going to modify the config to include some of the Aura specific keys.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 18:44:18 #171 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

I’ve continued to beta test

Coupling the box directly to the TV has solved my HDR and audio issues, e.g. content that is HDR correctly triggers the TV into HDR mode whilst audio levels are as expected.

The problems appear to be an incompatibility between more complex AV configurations, e.g. the Aura is connected to a Marantz AV SR7011 -> HD Fury (DIVA) -> Sony ZD9. Somewhere in that chain the box is causing issues, so I’ll need to work through it, e.g. power on sequence, remove the HD Fury, etc.

I’m convinced it is the Aura as I have many other HDMI sources connected to the AV receiver with no audio or HDR issues.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 20:07:52 #172 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

ariharry - 54 mins ago  » 
    I’ve continued to beta test
    Coupling the box directly to the TV has solved my HDR and audio issues, e.g. content that is HDR correctly triggers the TV into HDR mode whilst audio levels are as expected.
    The problems appear to be an incompatibility between more complex AV configurations, e.g. the Aura is connected to a Marantz AV SR7011 -> HD Fury (DIVA) -> Sony ZD9. Somewhere in that chain the box is causing issues, so I’ll need to work through it, e.g. power on sequence, remove the HD Fury, etc.
    I’m convinced it is the Aura as I have many other HDMI sources connected to the AV receiver with no audio or HDR issues.

Have you tick the audios or auto in settings - device preferences - sound?

Not sure as I dont have surround / amp etc, but worth a look if not.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 21:03:10 #173 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.