My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Username

james_uk - 37 mins ago  » 
    Would people that have the box day that if all I wanted to use it for was Freeview only, and to record Freeview that this is much better than the 5000T, faster etc?
    That is all I really would need using it for but wondering if the other issues wouldn't really bother me if that's all I was using it for?

I have been watching this thread with interest because I am curious about the Android TV side of things, but your comment intrigues me. I cancelled Sky TV a few weeks ago and I was waiting for the Aura to come out as it seems to tick all my boxes.

As an interim I ended up purchasing a YouView box, specifically the DTR-T2100 and frankly I'm considering just sticking with it (I have a chromecast already so the Aura would have streamlined what I have). I offered someone on eBay £37.50 and postage was £4.10 so I got the box in my hands for just over £40 and it is great.

OK it looks a little dated but it isn't ugly be any means, it has enough space to record a reasonable number of TV programs and performance is quite good for a ten year old box!

I assume from your comment that you already own a 5000T, so can you let me know what you are unhappy with in terms of performance? I'm curious to know how it might be worse/better than what I have in front of me.

Sorry about being off topic here guys, if I should do this somewhere else let me know.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 15:05:39 #195 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

The 5000t is just very slow basically

Username - 8 mins ago  » 

james_uk - 37 mins ago  » 
    Would people that have the box day that if all I wanted to use it for was Freeview only, and to record Freeview that this is much better than the 5000T, faster etc?
    That is all I really would need using it for but wondering if the other issues wouldn't really bother me if that's all I was using it for?

I have been watching this thread with interest because I am curious about the Android TV side of things, but your comment intrigues me. I cancelled Sky TV a few weeks ago and I was waiting for the Aura to come out as it seems to tick all my boxes.
    As an interim I ended up purchasing a YouView box, specifically the DTR-T2100 and frankly I'm considering just sticking with it (I have a chromecast already so the Aura would have streamlined what I have). I offered someone on eBay £37.50 and postage was £4.10 so I got the box in my hands for just over £40 and it is great.
    OK it looks a little dated but it isn't ugly be any means, it has enough space to record a reasonable number of TV programs and performance is quite good for a ten year old box!
    I assume from your comment that you already own a 5000T, so can you let me know what you are unhappy with in terms of performance? I'm curious to know how it might be worse/better than what I have in front of me.
    Sorry about being off topic here guys, if I should do this somewhere else let me know.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 15:14:14 #196 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Username - 47 mins ago  » 
    performance is quite good for a ten year old box!

Where does ten years come from? I thought the DTR-2100 was launched in late 2014.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 15:54:49 #197 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Username

Martin Liddle - 42 mins ago  » Where does ten years come from? I thought the DTR-2100 was launched in late 2014.

Oh, I thought it was older. Regardless, it was a bargain as an interim until (if) I get budget approval for the Aura

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 16:40:44 #198 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

davidrew - 3 hours ago  » 

Admin - 1 hour ago  » 

davidrew - 23 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 12 hours ago  » 
    Does anyone have the Catch-Up area of the EPG fully populated? Mine only seems to have BBC4 HD and BBC News HD.
    On my Freeview Home Screen I don't have BBC iPlayer in the player apps. the first is ITV Hub.
    I also have no Featured On Demand, Wildcard, Box Sets, or Movies listed.
    Thanks.

To follow-up my earlier thread BBC iPlayer has now appeared. Tick!
    I still have no catch-up EPG, Top Picks - On Demand or Box Sets. Anyone have them? If so clues on how to get them. Thanks.

All working on my units.
    Does iplayer actually work - confidence check that you are connected to internet.
    If so then next steps I would suggest is:
    1. Turn power to unit off/on
    2. A reset.
    B

Tested the BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and my5 from Freeview and all working OK. Its recoding at the moment so I'll try the resets in a bit.

Update. All working now.

Power off made no difference so I had to do a Freeview Reset. As expected lost the schedule and settings. After the reset picked up the existing recordings with no issues. Interestingly the auto tune found Channel 55 this time so I didn't have to manually tune it.

I know the Freeview app has updated at some point because the original I had did not have separate instant replay and skip forward settings and it was limited to 7, 15, 30 or 60 seconds. Still only showing 1 tuner in the Signal Test though.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 18:13:41 #199 |
  6. Admin

Admin

administrator

davidrew - 6 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 3 hours ago  » 

Admin - 1 hour ago  » 

davidrew - 23 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 12 hours ago  » 
    Does anyone have the Catch-Up area of the EPG fully populated? Mine only seems to have BBC4 HD and BBC News HD.
    On my Freeview Home Screen I don't have BBC iPlayer in the player apps. the first is ITV Hub.
    I also have no Featured On Demand, Wildcard, Box Sets, or Movies listed.
    Thanks.

To follow-up my earlier thread BBC iPlayer has now appeared. Tick!
    I still have no catch-up EPG, Top Picks - On Demand or Box Sets. Anyone have them? If so clues on how to get them. Thanks.

All working on my units.
    Does iplayer actually work - confidence check that you are connected to internet.
    If so then next steps I would suggest is:
    1. Turn power to unit off/on
    2. A reset.
    B

Tested the BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and my5 from Freeview and all working OK. Its recoding at the moment so I'll try the resets in a bit.

Update. All working now.
    Power off made no difference so I had to do a Freeview Reset. As expected lost the schedule and settings. After the reset picked up the existing recordings with no issues. Interestingly the auto tune found Channel 55 this time and I didn't have to manually tune it.

Good news, thank you for updating us.

B

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 18:20:06 #200 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

Anyone’s voice search stopped working?

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 21:09:35 #201 |
  8. chistery

chistery

Every time I change input to my Apple TV or another box and go back to it the voice is out of sync.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 21:13:02 #202 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bjwgorman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Anyone’s voice search stopped working?

Have you unpaired the remote bluetooth pairing or not paired it in the first place.

See the manual.

This has details how to pair and unpair the remote for bluetooth.

Unpaired the remote is infra red and can control other Humax boxes. up to 6 infra red modes are available to avoid conflict with other Humax kit you may have in the same room.

The microphone in the remote needs to be paired to the box by bluetooth for voice assist to work.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 22:22:20 #203 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, i have read a lot about the signal on the Aura not being strong? This seems a bit odd but is this true? Even the reviews on amazon and richer sounds are terrible and one on richer sounds mentions problems with signal.

If this is an issue can it be fixed with a firmware or will the signal always be lower than previous boxes such as my 5000T?

I'm just so shocked with how bad this box seems and i really wanted to like it and get it asap to replace my current box.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 23:56:10 #204 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.