My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 59 mins ago  » 
    Disney+ shouldn't need Chromecast though as the native app on the Aura works just fine for that?
    For a long time Netflix didn't even support Chromecast did they, so they're clearly fussy about which platforms they "allow" their service to be used, especially if it conflicts with other streming providers. I doubt it's Humax's fault in that sense if Netflix aren't playing ball - though from a marketing perspective "Netflix" is turning into the shorthand for "Streaming service" aka "Hoover" so I'd have thought getting Netflix onboard would be a strategic goal for them.

When I tried to install it said this app is not compatible.

Did you side load Disney+

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 12:37:09 #255 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

No, just chose it from the list of apps available and then signed in. Didn't give it a second thought! It appears in the apps view and works fine - I've signed in, played a snippet.

I've got it on my phone anyway, so maybe it got installed at first installation on the Aura (same happened with NowTV, but when the NowTV app fires up it says it is not compatible, but at least the app is there, even if it is not funcitonal).

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 12:53:50 #256 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I think I’m going hold off from buying this until the app has been released and see what that brings to the table. Should be imminent eh?!

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:16:52 #257 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 38 mins ago  » 
    No, just chose it from the list of apps available and then signed in. Didn't give it a second thought! It appears in the apps view and works fine - I've signed in, played a snippet.
    I've got it on my phone anyway, so maybe it got installed at first installation on the Aura (same happened with NowTV, but when the NowTV app fires up it says it is not compatible, but at least the app is there, even if it is not funcitonal).

Can I ask what information you have In Freeview Play Preferences - System info ?

So I can compare application version

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:32:46 #258 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I'll have to check tonight when I get home. Hopefully I'll remember!!

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:37:06 #259 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lycandroid

Was wondering if aura supports a web browser? And, if so does netflix website run via that?

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:38:14 #260 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

The most cumbersome thing I found yesterday was using the remote for keyboard entries; was surprised there wasn't a neater way to do that for usernames / passwords etc. But if it's a one time setup then I'm not too bothered!

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:46:08 #261 |
  8. Jthspace

Jthspace

Got my sound sorted (well almost). Dived behind the TV and pulled all the cables out of everything and started from scratch. The Humax remote main On/Off (programmed TV button for LG and Inputs) now switches the humax box, tv and panasonic sound box on and the volume level is consistent across all devices EXCEPT that volume up/down on the humax remote still does not change the volume on the Sound box. However, volume levels are consistent across the three devices so no sudden surprise if you switch away from the Humax. As I now also have a Firestick 4K I have retired my Apple TV.

Just loaded Disney+ from the app store and it works fine.

My system preferences show

Model - FVP-4KGTR
    Application version -1.00_25_2-1029_0a7a47a
    Firmware version - 00.09.09
    System ID - A31d9F00
    Update date - Oct 29,2020 11:06:43 am

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:47:21 #262 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Could anyone answer the following questions, please?

1. How long does it take for the box to be useable after bringing it out of standby?

2. How soon can a manual recording be started after bringing it out of standby?

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 13:59:43 #263 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Geoff_W - 2 mins ago  » 
    Could anyone answer the following questions, please?
    1. How long does it take for the box to be useable after bringing it out of standby?
    2. How soon can a manual recording be started after bringing it out of standby?

Depends on standby mode

Active sby very quickly. In full 0.5W sby very slow. Not timed it but it's several minutes.

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 14:03:19 #264 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.