My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. woodbar

woodbar

Had my Aura a couple of weeks - it is almost very good! Fast switching between menus and modes but there are some annoying faults and quite honestly seems to be pre-release version!

Just a few:

1- Does not change TV sound (and subsequently my ARC soundbar) volume even though the manual clearly states this is what it will do

2 - Several times when I turn it on and it also turns on my LG TV via CEC it then tells me it can't display the program because of the HD copy protection thingy - I have to disconnect the power supply then wait for it to boot - not so good if it happened to be recording at the time!

3- This one is weird - tried recording Fred Dibnah on BBC Four this week which seems to be the first broadcast when it comes live at 19:00 hrs. It tells me it is recording it and I can select it in the recorded programs list but it is totally blank with no sound or picture although the details and progress bar are present? I do have a 3 minute pre-record pad time set maybe it does not like that?

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 1:14:09 #457 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

For point (2), my LG TV does the same thing, more-or-less, with a NowTV/Roku box connected to the TV's HDMI3 port. I can't work-out if it's the box, the TV or a combination of both. That said, I think that my LG TV is a pile of junk and I'll be replacing it as soon as I an afford to!

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 18:37:39 #458 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Sorry, by the same thing I meant HDMI handshake issues. I think that it's something to to with 4.2.0 verses 4.2.2 pulldown, but then the NowTV box isn't one of Roku's best, by any stretch of the imagination.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 18:39:04 #459 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

On the CEC interaction my Samsung does the same, but even more puzzling is with the Aura HDMI plugged into the Samsung TV it inhibits switching A/V inputs and no Sound control and no Channel change on the Samsung. So each time I have to unplug the HDMI from the Aura - change what I want and then plug it back in. Don't even get me started on the interaction between the Aura and the Humax YouView box. I just hope they can get a software release to resolve these problems.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 19:21:39 #460 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Has anyone else experienced or noticed big steps in audio volume levels, especially at the low end?

From step 2 to 3 (from muted volume), it sounds like a massive step up in level.

Compared to my previous Humax DTR-T1000 BT/Youview box, that had a much more gradual steps compared to the Aura.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 19:54:19 #461 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Due to screen flickers and other problems, on the advice of Humax, I've done a factory reset. Of course, we all know what happens and what's involved in restoring back to preferred settings and apps.
    Bugger, bugger, bugger. Box isn't responding to remote pairing. I've tried the remote control initial pair of OK i and reset with OK Blue. No success. Box will respond to my Humax BT box remote, so I know the box ir is set to default and works. Remote ir transmits as my media server led receiver flashes in response. Looks like there is a problem with remote blue tooth connection and ir setting somewhere.
    Ideas?

| Fri 4 Dec 2020 2:48:03 #462 |
  7. The Moog

The Moog

When I have had issues with BT remote pairing with my TV, popping the batteries out of the remote for 20 seconds and then dropping them back in always does the job.

| Fri 4 Dec 2020 16:49:08 #463 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

emperorbruce

Flutty - 1 day ago  » 
    On the CEC interaction my Samsung does the same, but even more puzzling is with the Aura HDMI plugged into the Samsung TV it inhibits switching A/V inputs and no Sound control and no Channel change on the Samsung. So each time I have to unplug the HDMI from the Aura - change what I want and then plug it back in. Don't even get me started on the interaction between the Aura and the Humax YouView box. I just hope they can get a software release to resolve these problems.

Yes, I also have problems with part-watched programs randomly restarting at the beginning, sometimes several times over.

| Fri 4 Dec 2020 23:58:07 #464 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maximus

Finally bought the aura delivered on the 30 th November very pleased with the speed
    it is lightning fast compared with bt youview ,but having problems as others have when part watched recordings go back to start a few times,also the volume buttons are unusable one press and it goes way too much,and the biggest disappointment
    is still no app available,is there still no news?

| Sat 5 Dec 2020 11:05:37 #465 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

MickO - 2 days ago  » 
    Due to screen flickers and other problems, on the advice of Humax, I've done a factory reset. Of course, we all know what happens and what's involved in restoring back to preferred settings and apps.
    Bugger, bugger, bugger. Box isn't responding to remote pairing. I've tried the remote control initial pair of OK i and reset with OK Blue. No success. Box will respond to my Humax BT box remote, so I know the box ir is set to default and works. Remote ir transmits as my media server led receiver flashes in response. Looks like there is a problem with remote blue tooth connection and ir setting somewhere.
    Ideas?

The answer was to use my BT Humax controller and go to controllers and accessories to pair the box remote. BUT the pair kept failing due to no 4 digit pair number being presented. So before the pair timed out with a fail, I tried keying 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... That worked and all was well. I am now in BT mode with Green LED. Haven't tried IR yet. That will be another trial...

| Sun 6 Dec 2020 15:44:41 #466 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.