My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Anybody getting screen flicker from time to time, both on Freeview and streamed sources? Looks like the cause is an HDMI problem, as cycling my TV HDMI sources seems to fix it, but the TV throws up an HDMI error caption. Soft power cycling the box corrects the problem. Looks like the box is up for an exchange. Cables checked, box factory reset and still same problems. No sign of any firmware updates yet.

| Sun 6 Dec 2020 15:54:37 #467 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Flutty - 2 days ago  » 
    On the CEC interaction my Samsung does the same, but even more puzzling is with the Aura HDMI plugged into the Samsung TV it inhibits switching A/V inputs and no Sound control and no Channel change on the Samsung. So each time I have to unplug the HDMI from the Aura - change what I want and then plug it back in. Don't even get me started on the interaction between the Aura and the Humax YouView box. I just hope they can get a software release to resolve these problems.

Same here with Aura and BT Humax box. Switch the Aura to Bluetooth. Should have Green Led on remote. That leave only your YV box to contend with.

| Sun 6 Dec 2020 15:57:28 #468 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

MickO - 23 hours ago  » 

Flutty - 2 days ago  » 
    On the CEC interaction my Samsung does the same, but even more puzzling is with the Aura HDMI plugged into the Samsung TV it inhibits switching A/V inputs and no Sound control and no Channel change on the Samsung. So each time I have to unplug the HDMI from the Aura - change what I want and then plug it back in. Don't even get me started on the interaction between the Aura and the Humax YouView box. I just hope they can get a software release to resolve these problems.

Same here with Aura and BT Humax box. Switch the Aura to Bluetooth. Should have Green Led on remote. That leave only your YV box to contend with.

Mine also does this, bloody annoying.

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 15:25:41 #469 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Bjwgorman - 5 days ago  » 

phlppip - 6 hours ago  » 
    Any news on any software updates yet, I don't appear to have had any since the box was bought (9th Oct date showing on system).

There is an update due this week. One of the fixes is signal issues. The app is also due next week.

Still no update...

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 15:26:30 #470 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

phlppip - 6 hours ago  » 

Bjwgorman - 5 days ago  » 

phlppip - 6 hours ago  » 
    Any news on any software updates yet, I don't appear to have had any since the box was bought (9th Oct date showing on system).

There is an update due this week. One of the fixes is signal issues. The app is also due next week.

Still no update...

Very annoying. It really needs it. Can’t be bothered to ring them again.

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 22:04:16 #471 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Maybe they stated it would be out on the 5th?
    The 5th of never!

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 22:20:45 #472 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

So I now appear to have another issue, when I skip forward on an ad hoc basis it skips backwards instead, has any one else experienced this?

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 15:32:15 #473 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonycee

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 
    So I now appear to have another issue, when I skip forward on an ad hoc basis it skips backwards instead, has any one else experienced this?

Remote control upside down?

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 16:33:48 #474 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Just some additional info ref using Jellyfin for Android TV.
    If I use JF4ATV, on my box, it's prone to freezing when starting to play certain video from my Jellyfin server. JF4ATV doesn't do this on my Android phone, so has to be the box, one may think.
    I found that if the JF4ATV Preferred media player is set to use VLC for Android, all appears well. In fact, VLC gives better options over the inbuilt default player(s)?
    So now I'm able to use JF4ATV just by using the remapped Kids button. Happy Bunny.
    Mind you, still have flicker and blank screen problems from t2t no matter what the source.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 0:05:33 #475 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eldienne

How do you remap keys?

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:41:14 #476 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.