My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TheMole - 6 mins ago  » 
    Plex works I can watch and cast their live TV and watch their videos just not cast the videos from my phone.

You need a plex server installed on your phone with the videos stored on and the folders with the videos in added to the plex server.

Aura Plex is a client. It needs a server installed on another device. I have all my video files stored on a laptop usb drive, Others will have then on a drive connected to a router that anyone on the same network can view.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 21:14:43 #618 |
  2. woodbar

woodbar

So much for the update and app appearing on the 6th (of never!)

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 0:26:29 #619 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

Have you checked you haven't got channels with channel numbers over 800 ?

I have no channels above 800 as I tuned in the local muxes from winter hill manually.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 6:57:17 #620 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

I'm looking forward to the updated software for the Aura, a new problem that I am finding is that if say for example I switch off the box with the remote then sometimes if the box is recording it will cause the recording(s) to fail at that time, it will sometimes pick up again and continue recording the programme as new recording, otherwise it just fails and when I go to watch the recording it says "Power Failure caused Recording to Fail" which is not helpful. I'm still being advised to use Bluetooth remote only but I cant see any way of stopping the IR from the remote, which switches my YouView box as well, and vice versa. I have padded down the signal input to the Aura box so I get roughly 66% Strength and 100% quality on the BBC News mux . . . however this now causes dropout on other muxs. I am within line of sight of Rowridge TX, so it certainly isnt a lack of signal strength coming in. I still often lose Live TV image but recordings are fine so it must another bug in the box. I'll keep testing

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:08:50 #621 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Flutty - 20 mins ago  » 
    I'm looking forward to the updated software for the Aura, a new problem that I am finding is that if say for example I switch off the box with the remote then sometimes if the box is recording it will cause the recording(s) to fail at that time, it will sometimes pick up again and continue recording the programme as new recording, otherwise it just fails and when I go to watch the recording it says "Power Failure caused Recording to Fail" which is not helpful. I'm still being advised to use Bluetooth remote only but I cant see any way of stopping the IR from the remote, which switches my YouView box as well, and vice versa. I have padded down the signal input to the Aura box so I get roughly 66% Strength and 100% quality on the BBC News mux . . . however this now causes dropout on other muxs. I am within line of sight of Rowridge TX, so it certainly isnt a lack of signal strength coming in. I still often lose Live TV image but recordings are fine so it must another bug in the box. I'll keep testing

Find the location of the Youview box IR receiver. Cover it with a small piece of black plastic insulation tape. Hopefully a update will let you change the code set of the Aura remote.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:31:51 #622 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If the Aura remote has not been used for sometime, on first use it sends command via IR, then subsequently bluetooth.

Try pointing remote away from units on first use.

(leaving remote in bluetooth mode continually would be a drain on the batteries)

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:36:12 #623 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Flutty - 20 mins ago  » 

Find the location of the Youview box IR receiver. Cover it with a small piece of black plastic insulation tape. Hopefully a update will let you change the code set of the Aura remote.

Thank you, yes, I already have strips of black tape on the Aura remote and on the Aura IR receiver window, but its strange that the design didnt take this into account as my Humax Freesat box the IR is not affected.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 20:18:09 #624 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Flutty - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Flutty - 20 mins ago  » 

Thank you, yes, I already have strips of black tape on the Aura remote and on the Aura IR receiver window, but its strange that the design didnt take this into account as my Humax Freesat box the IR is not affected.

It's not strange at all. Virtually all Humax HD capable boxes can change the infra red code set used by the remote controls.

At some time you must have changed the Freesat box remote to a code set other than 1.

This includes the oldest the Foxsat-HDR.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/salient-points-from-faqs

Amongst other things that was one thing that Youview decided was not needed, basically stupidity. It has now returned to bite them in the bum.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

As I said hopefully this will be added to the Aura IR mode.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 21:27:24 #625 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

Anybody got any update on the app? I tweeted Humax UK on Wednesday I appear to have been ignored.

| Fri 8 Jan 2021 15:20:11 #626 |
  10. woodbar

woodbar

TheMole - 1 hour ago  » 
    Anybody got any update on the app? I tweeted Humax UK on Wednesday I appear to have been ignored.

I am afraid it will be the usual lies "sometime/never" response I expect.

I bought my 2Tb Aura just after they were available from Humax Direct - the web page clearly showed the app facility as one of the key USPs and also clearly stated the app would be available in November - of course they did not say WHICH November!

I was waiting for this and a firmware update (which might address just some of the bugs/failures) for the unit before decided whether I would return it but it is getting close to the point where I give up!

Unfortunately Humax is yet another company that thinks it is perfectly acceptable to advertise features and functions that they know are not available or do not work correctly and they just laugh all the way to the bank!

| Fri 8 Jan 2021 16:46:22 #627 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.