1. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Harters - 18 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 16 mins ago  » 

brian - 1 hour ago  » 

Shaunhoare - 3 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 mins ago  » 
    As expected - Bargain Hunt not recorded today. Epg has watch from the beginning icon using iplayer

Strangely enough my Eastenders didn’t record last night and we had to watch it on iAyer too. Weird

Eastenders was rescheduled, and broadcast 30 mins later.

Does that mean the Aura couldn't cope with the delayed broadcast due to the PM's briefing? My Foxsat HDR waits several hours before it decides the programme is not going to happen and then flags a 'failed recording' error.

My 4000 got very confused with Eastenders last night, so I don't think that problem was exclusive to the Aura. I have never found it very successful with reschedules.
    Although I had EE set for its scheduled time, the 4000 decided to record the Gov. broadcast, but called it EE and then deleted the original EE timer! I set EE again, but it didn't show in the schedule, so I waited a few minutes, deleted it via the guide then tried again and it successfully set and recorded.

My 5000T was the same - it recorded the gov briefing and called it EE.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 11:03:36 #608 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    I had to reset my Aura yesterday (other issue). So I r-entered Bargain Hunt series schedule
    This morning the schedule Shows Wed (today), Thu, Sat, Sun and Tues. After checking epg noticed it had a recording flag on Wed. Schedule has updated now to add Wednesday
    epg is flagged as per the schedule.

Mine is the same as yours, with Fri and Mon missing. I have now set Fridays show as a series, and that brings up two entries, Fri and Mon. Perhaps they are flagged as a different series?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 11:05:32 #609 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

brian - 3 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    I had to reset my Aura yesterday (other issue). So I r-entered Bargain Hunt series schedule
    This morning the schedule Shows Wed (today), Thu, Sat, Sun and Tues. After checking epg noticed it had a recording flag on Wed. Schedule has updated now to add Wednesday
    epg is flagged as per the schedule.

Mine is the same as yours, with Fri and Mon missing. I have now set Fridays show as a series, and that brings up two entries, Fri and Mon. Perhaps they are flagged as a different series?

I have already pointed this out several times. They are mixnmatching series.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 11:09:11 #610 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

Is anyone having the same issue as myself regarding the EPG time displaying incorrectly?
    ie: The Aura box always displays the correct current time and any planned recordings actually record as planned BUT occasionally the EPG displays the wrong time, usually 2 hrs in the future, It is easily rectified by resetting the Aura box. I have tried setting the date and time to the network time (which is connected via ethernet) and also set the time via the GMT time option but the EPG time occasionally is incorrect and requires a reset. No other device in my house displays the incorrect time just the EPG time on the Aura occasionally. How weird.....

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 16:16:07 #611 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

howarp - 41 mins ago  » 
    Is anyone having the same issue as myself regarding the EPG time displaying incorrectly?
    ie: The Aura box always displays the correct current time and any planned recordings actually record as planned BUT occasionally the EPG displays the wrong time, usually 2 hrs in the future, It is easily rectified by resetting the Aura box. I have tried setting the date and time to the network time (which is connected via ethernet) and also set the time via the GMT time option but the EPG time occasionally is incorrect and requires a reset. No other device in my house displays the incorrect time just the EPG time on the Aura occasionally. How weird.....

Have you checked you haven't got channels with channel numbers over 800 ?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 16:59:01 #612 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

Wasn't the app due to launch today? Any sign for anyone I can't see it in the Google store yet.

Also does anybody have any suggestions for video software that I can install on my phone that lets me cast to the aura? Plex had the option and loaded up on the aura but it just kept circling not loading the video

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 20:52:48 #613 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TheMole - 5 mins ago  » 
    Wasn't the app due to launch today? Any sign for anyone I can't see it in the Google store yet.
    Also does anybody have any suggestions for video software that I can install on my phone that lets me cast to the aura? Plex had the option and loaded up on the aura but it just kept circling not loading the video

Plex works for me. You need a Plex server setup on the kit that has the video files stored on and a free Plex account. Once you have an account plex has some free movie content.

Basically Plex installed on the Aura is a client. It needs a server installed on another device to send the content.

Did you install a plex server on your phone ?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 21:01:20 #614 |
  8. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

TheMole - 10 mins ago  » 

Yes, the app launch was mentioned to be launching today. Guess they will put it back like they did before.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 21:04:26 #615 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

Plex works I can watch and cast their live TV and watch their videos just not cast the videos from my phone.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 21:05:09 #616 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

Just tried a different video same thing. Says playback will begin in a moment and just never plays. I think it might be because I don't have the Plex premium pass.

Any other alternatives anybody can suggest?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 21:14:19 #617 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.