My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eldienne

If it is anything like previous Humax apps it will be rubbish anyway. I don't really see the benefit anyway, you can catch most stuff up so why need to access an SD recording or have to convert recordings to be able to play on another device? The Aura itself is really good, I had a tr3 before that but with a few tweaks the aura beats it in more ways than one. Any firmware update is a bonus but I know from personal experience a lot of the glitches lie with Android TV rather than the actual device.

| Fri 8 Jan 2021 19:03:55 #628 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Eldienne - 1 hour ago  » 
    If it is anything like previous Humax apps it will be rubbish anyway. I don't really see the benefit anyway, you can catch most stuff up so why need to access an SD recording or have to convert recordings to be able to play on another device? The Aura itself is really good, I had a tr3 before that but with a few tweaks the aura beats it in more ways than one. Any firmware update is a bonus but I know from personal experience a lot of the glitches lie with Android TV rather than the actual device.

What TV are you using the Aura with (4K or Full-HD) ?

| Fri 8 Jan 2021 20:57:46 #629 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eldienne

grahamlthompson - 14 hours ago  » 

Eldienne - 1 hour ago  » 

What TV are you using the Aura with (4K or Full-HD) ?

LG 4K 65 inch

| Sat 9 Jan 2021 11:11:23 #630 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AceGrace

I had a problem a few times on the Aura box where I turn it on, usually first thing in the morning and go to live TV. The screen is black on all channels. If I reboot it by going into the settings --> device info --> about --> reset/restart/reboot once it reboots it all comes back and is working fine.

Has anyone else had this?

| Sun 10 Jan 2021 19:42:32 #631 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AceGrace - 14 hours ago  » 
    I had a problem a few times on the Aura box where I turn it on, usually first thing in the morning and go to live TV. The screen is black on all channels. If I reboot it by going into the settings --> device info --> about --> reset/restart/reboot once it reboots it all comes back and is working fine.

Are you putting the box into long push sby by selecting OK ? If so it will take several minutes to boot after pressing the power button after it has gone in into full sby. . Nothing will seem to be happening until you get the android loading animation.

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 10:26:15 #632 |
  6. The Moog

The Moog

AceGrace - 19 hours ago  » 

I have this reasonably regularly; either no picture or sound, no sound, or most often, picture but no sound. I have never put the Aura into 'long push standby' so it is not this, and I can go into the EPG and see the correct schedule information, but all channels show the same fault. Putting the box into standby and then turning it back on has always sorted it without the need to do a hardware reboot, but clearly it is not ideal.

I also seem to have a sound issue on most recordings, where every few minutes I have a short loss of sound (less than half a second), which again is liveable with for the time being, but needs fixing.

I have previously done a full reset to try and fix these issues but it hasn't sorted it. I am hoping that a firmware update (not an Android TV update) will fix both of these when it eventually turns up.

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 15:06:54 #633 |
  7. woodbar

woodbar

Yes, mine is doing similar.

Probably 1 out of 4 times I turn it on I either get:

1) Can't display picture thingy due to HDCP handshake

2) Sound but no picture

3) Picture but no sound

I don't use full power off only standby - Unless I have to to get the damn handshake/picture/sound back!

I have turned CEC off this last week and the frequency of the above faults has lessened somewhat. Only had CEC on in the hope the volume would control the TV/Soundbar but of course it does not - contrary to what Humax says in the manual.

I also get:

Scheduled recordings not marked in the guide
    Series recording seems to have a mind of its own - works sometimes only - other times I get 2 of the same episode with one missing!
    Huge difference in volume between iPlayer and live TV
    Will NOT record first on air program on BBC4 in the evening - well it does but it is all blank!
    etc.
    etc.......

Definitely released with pre-beta firmware as far as I am concerned.

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 19:04:04 #634 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

The Moog - 2 hours ago  » 
    I also seem to have a sound issue on most recordings, where every few minutes I have a short loss of sound (less than half a second), which again is liveable with for the time being, but needs fixing.

What make and model of TV do you have? I experienced a similar problem with the combination of an HDR-FOX T2 and an LG-49UJ750V.

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 19:11:02 #635 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AceGrace

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 

AceGrace - 14 hours ago  » 

Are you putting the box into long push sby by selecting OK ? If so it will take several minutes to boot after pressing the power button after it has gone in into full sby. . Nothing will seem to be happening until you get the android loading animation.

No. The box is on and I'm in Android TV when it happens.

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 20:26:12 #636 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

The blank screen issue, hit the home button on the remote, this should get you to google tv and a picture. Then make sure you exit by choosing TV from the banner at the top.

Hitting TV or back on the remote will not work.

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 21:34:16 #637 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.