My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 3 hours ago  » 
    Regarding the App (Android), the guide, schedule, and recordings need to switch to landscape mode like most other apps (although recordings is in landscape after you stop a recording in landscape mode). Trying to move forward in a recording using the slider at the bottom of the screen does not work (spinning blue circle forever). It would be useful if recordings resumed where you left off. You cannot start watching a recording until it is complete. However, for an initial release it seems to work quite well.
    Regarding the box itself, does anyone know how to get it in deep standby using a Harmony universal remote?

If you press and hold the power button - don't you get a box with a message and OK selected ? pressing enter should then work.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 16:01:05 #761 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Pressing the off button on the Harmony remote switches everything off (amplifier/TV/Aura) so no scope for interaction. It would be better if there was a time setting so that the box went into deep standby overnight. Does the app work while the box is in deep standby?

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 16:50:53 #762 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Use the Harmony remote in Device mode to interact with just the Aura or what I done with my PVRs is have their ON/OFF assigned to long press of the Exit button as I prefer to not have them turned on or off during activity switching but do that manually.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 17:16:23 #763 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

gomezz - 13 mins ago  » 
    Use the Harmony remote in Device mode to interact with just the Aura or what I done with my PVRs is have their ON/OFF assigned to long press of the Exit button as I prefer to not have them turned on or off during activity switching but do that manually.

Thanks. I have just tested if the app works in deep standby and it says that the box is disconnected. However, The TV Guide, Schedule and Downloads seem to be available, but On Now and Recordings are not available (grayed out). Therefore, I am not sure if I will be using deep standby.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 17:37:00 #764 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 3 mins ago  » 

gomezz - 13 mins ago  » 

Thanks. I have just tested if the app works in deep standby and it says that the box is disconnected. However, The TV Guide, Schedule and Downloads seem to be available, but On Now and Recordings are not available (grayed out). Therefore, I am not sure if I will be using deep standby.

The box has to be fully on to access those functions. So deep sby is not the issue. I watch Breakfast every morning while upstairs. So I set a series recording on BBC-1. This wakes the from deep sby. And you can then watch the programme live using the app as on now and recordings are both available. The box could do with power on power off pair of settings like the other Humax boxes.

I did try the reminder option but this lacks the series option.

If you want to wake the box at any time from other rooms a wireless Infra red repeater should work

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-Powermid-XL-extension-multiroom-Black/dp/B000GIXH42/ref=sr_1_5?crid=BNMKZCWV717N&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=wireless+infrared+remote+extender&qid=1611680011&sprefix=Wireless+infra+red+re%2Caps%2C267&sr=8-5

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 17:45:58 #765 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

I've tried setting recordings via the app but they don't seem to be working. Are they working for other people?

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 18:21:46 #766 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

matcare - 46 mins ago  » 
    I've tried setting recordings via the app but they don't seem to be working. Are they working for other people?

Yes they are. Which app android or IOS. I am using the Android app. If you are my the box check the schedule on the connected TV after setting a recording. Did you check the guide using the app after setting a recording ?

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 19:10:32 #767 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

grahamlthompson - 8 mins ago  » 

matcare - 46 mins ago  » 

Yes they are. Which app android or IOS. I am using the Android app. If you are my the box check the schedule on the connected TV after setting a recording. Did you check the guide using the app after setting a recording ?

I'm using the android app. I tried to record 'Pointless' this afternoon as it had switched to BBC2 again. I checked that it appeared in the schedule as reported by the app and it did. However it has not recorded. The box was in deep standby while doing this. Is that the problem?

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 19:24:25 #768 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

matcare - 39 mins ago  » 

matcare - 46 mins ago  » 

I'm using the android app. I tried to record 'Pointless' this afternoon as it had switched to BBC2 again. I checked that it appeared in the schedule as reported by the app and it did. However it has not recorded. The box was in deep standby while doing this. Is that the problem?

Yes the app cannot wake the box. It needs to be on. With it fully on all the app functions should work.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 20:05:39 #769 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

grahamlthompson - 44 mins ago  » 

matcare - 39 mins ago  » 

matcare - 46 mins ago  » 

Yes the app cannot wake the box. It needs to be on. With it fully on all the app functions should work.

Under Record & Share there is an update interval - it states that “Your box will wake up at each time interval to update remote recording information”. I have not tried if this works from either type of standby but will try a full standby.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 20:52:30 #770 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.