My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

Yes. These are my own films. It seems Aura is unable to 'see' the films in the Upload dir. My Humax Fox Sat works this way and I am able to 'browse' files I have uploaded to it and play them. Pity Aura does not seem to do this. May have to stick with the Foxsat for the time being.

Thanks for the ideas. I will check USB port works also see if Kodi will work as DLNA client.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 11:30:25 #791 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

Using FTP with Aura. The directory structure is shown in the attached file. Uploading a film to the Movies directory and after installing the VLC player App allows the Dir structure to be browsed and films in the Movies directory to be played.

The FTP server connection is not stable as others have found. Needs a cold boot to enable the FTP client to reconnect again.

The purpose of the Upload Dir is not clear. A readme text file resides there which says 'Upload your recordings here and you can restore them.' I assume this means restore to the 'recordings play list' no info on how to do that. Any suggestions?

Attachments

1. readme.txt (0.1 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Aura_Directories.png (63.6 KB, 5 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 31 Jan 2021 17:04:02 #792 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

Kieth - 5 hours ago  » 
    Yes. These are my own films. It seems Aura is unable to 'see' the films in the Upload dir. My Humax Fox Sat works this way and I am able to 'browse' files I have uploaded to it and play them. Pity Aura does not seem to do this. May have to stick with the Foxsat for the time being.
    Thanks for the ideas. I will check USB port works also see if Kodi will work as DLNA client.

Just use VLC and you will see them in Browsing- Internal HD. Aura only sees recorded programs?

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 17:06:42 #793 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

morrig - 7 mins ago  » 

Kieth - 5 hours ago  » 

Just use VLC and you will see them in Browsing- Internal HD. Aura only sees recorded programs?

The Foxsat-HDR also will not play back uploaded files unless you create the required sidecar files. Raydon wrote a small utility to create the required files. Guessing you must have a copy of this.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/av2hdr-v3-3-released.1916124/

No such software is available for the Aura.

Did you try using VLC to play them back from a copy on a usb stick ?

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 17:16:59 #794 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

I'm trying to FTP into my Aura using Filezilla but it's not connecting for me. I assume the pin is teh same one that unlocks locked channels, etc? My pin in the default 0000 but when I try to FTP in with the same setting you used I jsut keep getting the message "Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" in Filezilla.

Any ideas? I do have FTP turned on, just to clarify...!

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:11:09 #795 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Finchy313 - 24 mins ago  » 
    I'm trying to FTP into my Aura using Filezilla but it's not connecting for me. I assume the pin is teh same one that unlocks locked channels, etc? My pin in the default 0000 but when I try to FTP in with the same setting you used I jsut keep getting the message "Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" in Filezilla.

Filezilla site manager login. Just replace the local IP address with your boxe's.

Attachments

1. Aura_Site_Manager_Settings.jpg (90.2 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:37:48 #796 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

That's what I'm using. Strange. I've tried it using my (wired) desktop as well and that gets the same.

Attachments

1. fzgrab.JPG (113.6 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:41:28 #797 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

morrig - 7 mins ago  » 

Kieth - 5 hours ago  » 

The Foxsat-HDR also will not play back uploaded files unless you create the required sidecar files. Raydon wrote a small utility to create the required files. Guessing you must have a copy of this.
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/av2hdr-v3-3-released.1916124/
    No such software is available for the Aura.
    Did you try using VLC to play them back from a copy on a usb stick ?

No as I solved the issue by uploading to the Movies Dir and using VLC to find & play files. The remaining issue is the use of the Upload dir - see mty earlier post.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 22:18:30 #798 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

Finchy313 - 1 hour ago  » 

I had the same issue & message - cured by cold boot (remove power and re-connect) Looks like the FTP server is not stable. (NB User name is case sensitive aura not Aura)

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 22:27:59 #799 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Thanks, I'll give that a go

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 22:31:20 #800 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.