My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

Anyone tried using the IOS app over a VPN connection to stream home TV from anywhere in the world?

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 16:47:11 #801 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Yep, that worked, I can FTP in now, thank you!

I was hoping to get access to more, specifically the Android/Data folder (so I can manage Kodi files, config and paylists from my laptop), but it seems they're only giving access to media related docs. I'll see if I can move the files with a file manager on the box. Better than no access though I guess!

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 16:51:15 #802 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

Finchy313 - 9 mins ago  » 
    Yep, that worked, I can FTP in now, thank you!
    I was hoping to get access to more, specifically the Android/Data folder (so I can manage Kodi files, config and paylists from my laptop), but it seems they're only giving access to media related docs. I'll see if I can move the files with a file manager on the box. Better than no access though I guess!

Great. If you find out the purpose of the upload dir in recordings let me know. It has a text file there saying 'Upload your recordings here and you can restore them.' I cannot see how to 'restore' them so that Aura can play them.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 17:05:02 #803 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I have 100% signal strength and 100% signal quality, which is rock solid on the DVB-T2 muxes, but on the DVB-T muxes if I look at the signal test then every few minutes the signal quality drops for a few seconds and then returns to normal. What is odd is that I cannot see any glitches in the sound or picture. This seems to happen most often when recording three DVB-T channels at the same time (BBC1 SD, ITV SD, and Sky News). To answer the inevitable comments from variable-attenuator obsessives I have tried reducing the signal by up to 20dB and nothing changes apart from the signal strength. It seems to be a problem with the signal test rather than the signal.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 19:46:16 #804 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Mars - 42 mins ago  » 
    but on the DVB-T muxes if I look at the signal test then every few minutes the signal quality drops for a few seconds and then returns to normal. What is odd is that I cannot see any glitches in the sound or picture.

By how much does the quality drop?

This seems to happen most often when recording three DVB-T channels at the same time (BBC1 SD, ITV SD, and Sky News).

I am definitely becoming suspicious that the Aura is glitching when being worked hard but within specification. I would report what you have found to Humax.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 20:32:05 #805 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

Martin Liddle - 19 hours ago  » 

Mars - 42 mins ago  » 
    but on the DVB-T muxes if I look at the signal test then every few minutes the signal quality drops for a few seconds and then returns to normal. What is odd is that I cannot see any glitches in the sound or picture.

By how much does the quality drop?

This seems to happen most often when recording three DVB-T channels at the same time (BBC1 SD, ITV SD, and Sky News).

I am definitely becoming suspicious that the Aura is glitching when being worked hard but within specification. I would report what you have found to Humax.

Signal quality jumps around (mainly 50-95%) for a few seconds then returns to 100%. My Sony TV has no problem and shows 100% signal quality even though the signal is passed through the Aura. I think that the problem is with DVB-T muxes especially ARQ A (Sky News), channel 45 from Wenvoe.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 15:39:43 #806 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

I have also tried using a variable attenuator, as BBC News HD and BBC Four HD were breaking up, once I put attenuation in Yesterday etc on a different Mux started breaking up, so I cant win really. I have emailed Humax many times about this but no reply as yet. My Humax YouView box records everything perfectly without an attenuator. Hopefully I will eventually get a reply from Humax as at present I record on both boxes to make sure I get a recording.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 22:07:45 #807 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Flutty - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have also tried using a variable attenuator, as BBC News HD and BBC Four HD were breaking up, once I put attenuation in Yesterday etc on a different Mux started breaking up, so I cant win really. I have emailed Humax many times about this but no reply as yet. My Humax YouView box records everything perfectly without an attenuator. Hopefully I will eventually get a reply from Humax as at present I record on both boxes to make sure I get a recording.

I’m in the same boat. Using attenuator for HD channels but causes picture breakup on other SD channels on different mux.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 23:42:01 #808 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pduerden

Hi , i have just joined the forum as I have a question regarding the Aura. Is it possible to watch the recordings on the Aura on another TV connected to my home network. Using either the app and casting capability if that exists or by directly accessing the recordings on the box using DLNA? I have seen mobile devices can access the recordings but i would like to view them on another TV. Thank you Phil

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 19:02:28 #809 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It has been demonstrated that the Aura app can be installed (and works to view recordings) on a TV that runs Android. Logic suggests that the same would be possible using a cheap Android media box.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 19:08:45 #810 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.