My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I can watch the Aura on a kitchen TV using a single flat cat7 cable and a pair of baluns.

Both TV's need to be similar. I have a 4K Tv in the lounge and a full-HD Kitchen TV. Setting the aura to output 1080p allows viewing on both.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/can-i-watch-on-another-tv

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 19:30:55 #811 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pduerden

SSThing - 14 hours ago  » 
    It has been demonstrated that the Aura app can be installed (and works to view recordings) on a TV that runs Android. Logic suggests that the same would be possible using a cheap Android media box.

Thank you for the response that sounds like it might work. Was there any feedback on how the app would work with a remote control or does it need an air mouse ?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 9:35:37 #812 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pduerden

grahamlthompson - 14 hours ago  » 
    I can watch the Aura on a kitchen TV using a single flat cat7 cable and a pair of baluns.
    Both TV's need to be similar. I have a 4K Tv in the lounge and a full-HD Kitchen TV. Setting the aura to output 1080p allows viewing on both.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/can-i-watch-on-another-tv

Thank you for coming back to me I will investigate this too

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 9:37:29 #813 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maximus

Hi further to this it may be possible to have a firestick on kitchen tv and put aura app
    on it you will need apps to fire from google store to put on firestick and mouse toggle if
    any body would like to try

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 9:52:13 #814 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Pduerden - 28 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 14 hours ago  » 
    It has been demonstrated that the Aura app can be installed (and works to view recordings) on a TV that runs Android. Logic suggests that the same would be possible using a cheap Android media box.

Thank you for the response that sounds like it might work. Was there any feedback on how the app would work with a remote control or does it need an air mouse ?

Air mouse was required on the TV but the remote with a media box may work.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 10:06:06 #815 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

Has there been a new (small) update dated 29th January?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 14:36:28 #816 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

Yep small update to the application version.

For example, in the record and share menu you will note entry 'Mobile App' and on selecting displays QR codes for the app stores.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 15:01:55 #817 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Barry - 11 mins ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

For example, in the record and share menu you will note entry 'Mobile App' and on selecting displays QR codes for the app stores.

Good to see development is ongoing, mine still shows Jan 14th with no updates pending.

I know there were the information screens for the last big update, but I do wish Humax would also update their support site with the release notes. They did fix a couple of navigation inconsistencies which I reported but were never mentioned.

On the plus side I did have a nice email back from Ted in Humax support regarding issues and suggestions I reported back in November to see if they were fixed. I have responded with an update and advised them of a couple of other things I've noticed since.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 15:23:18 #818 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

This may be a coincidence, but the problem I had with varying signal quality on ARQ muxes seems to have gone. I restarted the box after the update and set up three recordings on channels on ARQ A, B and SDN muxes, and kept half an eye on the signal quality for a while and it remained at 100% throughout. I will keep my fingers crossed that this continues given that this was only a small update. Another thing that seems to have disappeared is picture-in-picture!

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 16:43:43 #819 |
  10. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

The update would explain the odd behaviour I experience earlier this week,
    My box on power up ( it had been in deep sleep mode ) showed the bright red Led. I guessed it was an update, It eventual had sound but no picture. Pressing information on my TV showed that Aura was outputting at 1280 x 720, not one of the claimed resolutions. The only way to restore it was by removing power lead. The S/AD display appears to have changed, now Video Resolution shows 1 or 2.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 18:22:39 #820 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.