My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 
    Has there been a new (small) update dated 29th January?

Yep small update to the application version.
    For example, in the record and share menu you will note entry 'Mobile App' and on selecting displays QR codes for the app stores.

Can someone clarify how to check if you’ve had the update. My details still show the 14th Jan as latest. Should this info be updated with a later date post this small update.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 20:00:34 #821 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Impressed this morning as the box had picked up last night that it was going to record 5 simultaneous programmes, all on series link, and changed one of them to record the +1 channel instead.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 10:32:56 #822 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 15 hours ago  » 

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

For example, in the record and share menu you will note entry 'Mobile App' and on selecting displays QR codes for the app stores.

Can someone clarify how to check if you’ve had the update. My details still show the 14th Jan as latest. Should this info be updated with a later date post this small update.

Settings
    Freeview Play Preference
    System Information
    Update date

Jan 29, 2021 09:15:15am if you have received the update.

If you have not, check via Home button, see if you have any notifications.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 11:07:46 #823 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 50 mins ago  » 

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

Settings
    Freeview Play Preference
    System Information
    Update date

Ok thanks. That’s what I thought but it hadn’t been updated. Just checked this morning and it must have been updated overnight.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 11:58:59 #824 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

Settings
    Freeview Play Preference
    System Information
    Update date

I have no update notification and if I check manually for updates it says I have none. I've even deleted the notification from the last 9.14 update in case that was interfering and holding it up.

I'm interested in this update if it has stabilised the signal as I do sometimes have pixilation on recordings.

Any ideas?

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 12:55:34 #825 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 20 hours ago  » 

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Mars - 20 mins ago  » 

This may be a coincidence, but the problem I had with varying signal quality on ARQ muxes seems to have gone. I restarted the box after the update and set up three recordings on channels on ARQ A, B and SDN muxes, and kept half an eye on the signal quality for a while and it remained at 100% throughout. I will keep my fingers crossed that this continues given that this was only a small update. Another thing that seems to have disappeared is picture-in-picture!

This small update does not seem to be the solution.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 13:21:34 #826 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Kieth - 3 days ago  » 

Finchy313 - 9 mins ago  » 
    Yep, that worked, I can FTP in now, thank you!
    I was hoping to get access to more, specifically the Android/Data folder (so I can manage Kodi files, config and paylists from my laptop), but it seems they're only giving access to media related docs. I'll see if I can move the files with a file manager on the box. Better than no access though I guess!

Great. If you find out the purpose of the upload dir in recordings let me know. It has a text file there saying 'Upload your recordings here and you can restore them.' I cannot see how to 'restore' them so that Aura can play them.

I found that if I downloaded a recorded file in it's original format (SD or HD) and then deleted it from the Aura's front end, if I then re-uploaded it to the "Uploads" directory it was processed by the Aura automatically and added back into the front end view of Recordings etc (along with a converted version).

So I think that is the functionality - in theory allowing you to archive off recordings from a "full" Aura and reinstate them at a later date.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 15:29:00 #827 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 

Kieth - 3 days ago  » 

Finchy313 - 9 mins ago  » 
    I was hoping to get access to more, specifically the Android/Data folder (so I can manage Kodi files, config and paylists from my laptop), but it seems they're only giving access to media related docs. I'll see if I can move the files with a file manager on the box. Better than no access though I guess!

Great. If you find out the purpose of the upload dir in recordings let me know. It has a text file there saying 'Upload your recordings here and you can restore them.' I cannot see how to 'restore' them so that Aura can play them.

I found that if I downloaded a recorded file in it's original format (SD or HD) and then deleted it from the Aura's front end, if I then re-uploaded it to the "Uploads" directory it was processed by the Aura automatically and added back into the front end view of Recordings etc (along with a converted version).
    So I think that is the functionality - in theory allowing you to archive off recordings from a "full" Aura and reinstate them at a later date.

Thanks for that. I didn't try to put back an Aura recorded file. Clever if it manages to reinstate an HD file as they are 'encrypted' and not playable off the box.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 16:50:03 #828 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Kieth - 4 hours ago  » 

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 

Kieth - 3 days ago  » 

Finchy313 - 9 mins ago <a

href="https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hunax-aura/page/81#post-85870"> » 

Thanks for that. I didn't try to put back an Aura recorded file. Clever if it manages to reinstate an HD file as they are 'encrypted' and not playable off the box.

All recordings are encrypted on the box, so of course they can be played. I think you mean off the box.

The old Foxsat-HDR allowed you to copy encrypted recordings to USB and play them back on box direct from usb. You couldn't play them back on anything else.

The required decryption keys are stored on the box and are unique to the motherboard. So if you try and copy same from another box it will not work.

Basically HD recordings copied using FTP retain the encryption and the required sidecar support files so after deleting them they can be replaced as if they were never deleted.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 21:55:29 #829 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the Aura to go straight to the Android TV home page when it's turned on? Instead of turning on a TV channel? Thanks

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 22:11:36 #830 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.