My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I have parental guidance switched off but thought I noticed another strange bug with guidance marked programmes yesterday. Confirmed it today when started to watch The Serpent which all episodes are marked as (G) in the folder.

It would appear if the programmes are in a series folder playing one episode removes the (G) flag from that episode and all the others in the folder. No password is required to subsequently delete any episode. This is not great if you want to protect content from minors.

I have set-up another daily broadcast (G) marked series to test further, obtain some screenshots, and I will report the findings to Humax Support.

Be interested if anyone else has noticed this, or if it happens when parental guidance is on.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 22:58:06 #871 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Does this bug mean you have to enter a PIN on programmes marked as guidance even if you have guidance off in the settings?

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 10:07:46 #872 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Harters - 1 min ago  » 
    Does this bug mean you have to enter a PIN on programmes marked as guidance even if you have guidance off in the settings?

Only to delete them

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 10:09:12 #873 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

davidrew - 14 hours ago  » 
    I have parental guidance switched off but thought I noticed another strange bug with guidance marked programmes yesterday. Confirmed it today when started to watch The Serpent which all episodes are marked as (G) in the folder.
    It would appear if the programmes are in a series folder playing one episode removes the (G) flag from that episode and all the others in the folder. No password is required to subsequently delete any episode. This is not great if you want to protect content from minors.
    I have set-up another daily broadcast (G) marked series to test further, obtain some screenshots, and I will report the findings to Humax Support.
    Be interested if anyone else has noticed this, or if it happens when parental guidance is on.

Update: This is a bit more nuanced than I originally thought. My test series folder currently has two (G) flagged episodes but playing either the flag remains on both.

The first series I noticed the issue on was Black Narcissus which had 3 episodes, and The Serpent had 8, so I am wondering if episode quantity is a factor. Also could be no further episodes to record as both series had finished, both those series were also on BBC1HD.

Will keep experimenting.....

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 13:15:23 #874 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajc

grahamlthompson - 5 days ago  » 

ajc - 16 mins ago  » 
    Come across a strange problem. Aura box suddenly posts a meassage saying that 'cannot switch channels while streaming or recording' when only one channel is currently recording (ITV3 - channel 10). If you go to Live TV, you can select other channels up to Channel 4 HD (106)but going beyond that to try and select BBC News Channel (107) and it skips to channel 201.

Was another channel or channels about to record in the next 15 or 20 mins ?
    When was the current recording due to finish in relation to the recording schedule.
    Did the current recording have a follow up recording on the same channel ?
    If so it would have used the same tuner as being used to record the current channel so no available to change to a different Mux.

I wasn't aware that there were any other channels set to record other than the one that was currently recording - ITV3 (10). I tried to time slip BBC News Channel (107) which is when the message appeared. I tried to watch live TV and then found that I couldn't select the channel. When I used the channel up button, the Aura skipped over channel 107.

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 20:24:47 #875 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

davidrew - 4 days ago  » 

davidrew - 14 hours ago  » 

Update: This is a bit more nuanced than I originally thought. My test series folder currently has two (G) flagged episodes but playing either the flag remains on both.
    The first series I noticed the issue on was Black Narcissus which had 3 episodes, and The Serpent had 8, so I am wondering if episode quantity is a factor. Also could be no further episodes to record as both series had finished, both those series were also on BBC1HD.
    Will keep experimenting.....

Well I'm not going mad it happened again last night, I've reported to Humax support as I cannot fully workout the circumstances that causes it.

Attachments

1. Serpent_1.jpg (990.8 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Serpent_2.jpg (883.4 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 21 Feb 2021 17:32:43 #876 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

Sent to Humax support:-

Hi,

Can you please investigate this Humax Aura EPG fault. When setting serial recordings via the EPG it regularly does not flag with the letter R in the EPG all the series recordings during the week. There seems to be no logic to this fault it can be on any channel or any day and yet if I look on my Ipad in the Aura app all scheduled recordings are displayed correctly.
    Recordings generally do record but are NOT displayed in the EPG for all days on the Aura EPG.
    This is the only PVR that I've owned that displays this fault.

Regards

Peter Howarth

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 12:14:21 #877 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

howarp - 11 mins ago  » 
    Hi,
    Can you please investigate this Humax Aura EPG fault. When setting serial recordings via the EPG it regularly does not flag with the letter R in the EPG all the series recordings during the week. There seems to be no logic to this fault it can be on any channel or any day and yet if I look on my Ipad in the Aura app all scheduled recordings are displayed correctly.
    Recordings generally do record but are NOT displayed in the EPG for all days on the Aura EPG.
    Regards
    Peter Howarth

Can you confirm which transmitter you are using and any particular channel that has the issue. ?

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 12:27:22 #878 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

howarp - 11 mins ago »
    Hi,
    Regards
    Peter Howarth

Can you confirm which transmitter you are using and any particular channel that has the issue. ?
    =========
    Winter Hill - I only record HD channels - BBC one HD, BBC two HD, ITV HD, CH4HD, CH5HD, BBC Four HD and BBC News HD.
    Thanks.

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 12:47:11 #879 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

howarp - 3 mins ago  » 
    howarp - 11 mins ago »
    Hi,
    Regards
    Peter Howarth
    =========
    Winter Hill - I only record HD channels - BBC one HD, BBC two HD, ITV HD, CH4HD, CH5HD, BBC Four HD and BBC News HD.
    Thanks.

Thanks I was hoping you were using a relay. Having issues with Channel 5 in particular missing most of the required programme CRID from Lark Stoke.

I can confirm I do get your issue but again generally only on Channel-5.

The schedule view though does seem to show correctly what is going to record even when the R flag is missing.

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 12:54:01 #880 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.