Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

howarp - 3 mins ago »
    howarp - 11 mins ago »
    Sent to Humax support:-
    Hi,
    Can you please investigate this Humax Aura EPG fault. When setting serial recordings via the EPG it regularly does not flag with the letter R in the EPG all the series recordings during the week. There seems to be no logic to this fault it can be on any channel or any day and yet if I look on my Ipad in the Aura app all scheduled recordings are displayed correctly.
    Recordings generally do record but are NOT displayed in the EPG for all days on the Aura EPG.
    This is the only PVR that I've owned that displays this fault.
    Regards
    Peter Howarth
    Can you confirm which transmitter you are using and any particular channel that has the issue. ?
    =========
    Winter Hill - I only record HD channels - BBC one HD, BBC two HD, ITV HD, CH4HD, CH5HD, BBC Four HD and BBC News HD.
    Thanks.

Thanks I was hoping you were using a relay. Having issues with Channel 5 in particular missing most of the required programme CRID from Lark Stoke.

I can confirm I do get your issue but again generally only on Channel-5.

The schedule view though does seem to show correctly what is going to record even when the R flag is missing.
    ===========
    Yes I can confirm that both the schedule view and the Aura app does flag ALL recordings but the Aura EPG randomly does not display the letter R - can be any channel affected.

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 14:28:07 #881 |
  2. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Admin - 4 mnths ago  » 

Mars - 14 mins ago  » 
    The Humax Aura looks like a good replacement for my 5 year old Panasonic Freeview Play PVR and avoids the need for a Chromecast. I have a couple of questions:
    1. The FAQ says that the LED has can be set to 5 levels of brightness. Is one of these off? (I might get a Humax Aura for the bedroom, although more likely the Panasonic will be retired to the bedroom).
    2. The remote uses Bluetooth rather than IR so could the Humax be wall mounted vertically behind a TV (there are numerous mounts on Amazon that allow this to be done with the Sky Q)?
    3. If one has more than one Humax Aura then can recordings on one be played on the others?
    4. Will the forthcoming Humax H7 work with the Aura (as the H3 was supposed to do)?
    Any information would be appreciated.

1. Can be off....FAQ has been amended to reflect 6 levels, off being one of them.
    2/3/4 Unknown, at this time but we will try and find out.
    B

How do you change the led brightness?

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 22:59:24 #882 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Settings
    Freeview Play Preferences
    Scroll down to LED Brightness and press OK

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 23:12:44 #883 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

Update on the state of my Aura box since the major software update. Mostly working OK, except still getting breakup on Live and Recordings, does seem to be related to how many channels are being recorded at any time. Online Players are still failing, but seems to be related as to what was being watched or used before selecting them. BBC iPlayer is the worse, perhaps 1 out of 5 times it will work ok, otherwise just a black screen. Have to use HOME button to escape from black screen. I am trying to make up a pattern of events to describe the problem time line. Other than that all seems ok.

| Thu 4 Mar 2021 16:32:18 #884 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

s/pdif toslink to analogue audio converters widely available
    From spec

Thanks for this grahamlthompson - it decided me on purchasing since I use the analogue output on my Fox to an amp which feeds to speakers in other rooms for radio and music.
    No purchased and also installed a toslink/analogue converter from
    https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg3380/digital-to-analog-with-3-5mm-stereo/dp/AV28991?scope=partnumberlookahead&ost=AV28991&searchref=searchlookahead&exaMfpn=true but MS12 has to be off otherwise the converter just puts out white noise but I can put up with just stereo on the sound bar.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 17:51:30 #885 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajc

My Aura has just done a S/W update. Had to rescan the channels and all channels appear in the channel list BUT when I select a channel on live TV all I get is a blank screen. Can get the programme OK from iPlayer but not live. What on earth is going on? It's not a transmitter problem because our Youview box is working OK.

I'm still getting pixelation problems and with some programmes, it will skip back to the beginning at particular points in a recording. This is a repeatable fault - it does it at exactly the same place time after time. Humax support said the problem with pixelation was poor signal quality but we are within line of sight of the transmitter and I have been recording the same programme on our YopuView box and it doesn't have any problems.

The Aura promised so much but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 18:54:27 #886 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajc

Have found I can get live TV back by unplugging the box completely and reloading.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 21:17:30 #887 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ajc - 2 mins ago  » 
    Have found I can get live TV back by unplugging the box completely and reloading.

Now we need to check if you do have the latest software.

Press the Freeview Play button. Scroll right to the cog icon (settings) and press OK.

Scroll down to the Freeview Play Preferences and press OK.

Scroll down to System Information and press OK.

Post the date of the update.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 21:24:05 #888 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

TIM-SUE

Have done new software update but now find that Aura will not stay connected to network via wifi.keep manually making connection, connection confirmed ,then get a message ,NO NETWORK CONNECTION.
    this has only started since the update.
    I note that some users are having problems with their TV switching on/off at strange times and a report of ARC problems, NOTE, on previous PVR models Humax have left pin 13 of the HDMI socket powered on at all times causing various problems.
    the answer ,in my case ,was to install a LINDY or TPS adaptor into the socket, this has solved the problems I was getting.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 14:50:56 #889 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheMole

After an update last week my Aura is suddenly having trouble. I get a black screen on Freeview channels every day and have to unplug the box to get them back. It's also struggling to keep a network connection to the app. Any advice on an easy way to fix either of these errors?

| Sun 25 Apr 2021 18:02:10 #890 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.